PDA

View Full Version : Official PSP Thread!

Pages : 1 [2]

goatdan
03-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I get the feeling you have to be very gentle with it. My real concerns forget the dead pixels is can it take the handheld beating? I found 2 dead pixels but I am going to keep it because I probably would not have notice it if people weren't obsessing and overblowing the issue. On the other side I think some people have valid concerns, if I have one dead now will I have twenty in 5 months? Will the issue ever be resolved I doubt it because with perfect quality comes a perfect price.

What I've seen working with monitors is that if you get one with a dead pixel, in a few years you'll still have one with a dead pixel. Pixels do not suddenly spring to life (as Sony seems to state they do) or die easily. We have a laptop loaner program at work where students get a laptop with their tuition if they are in a certain program, so they don't exactly treat them nicely. When we get these laptops back four years later, about 90% come back with no dead pixels, and they are beat to hell. The 10% that come back with dead pixels I assume had them when we got them and no one said anything. So, in my opinion based on personal observations, as long as you're not throwing or dropping your PSP, you'll have two dead pixels in five months, and in five years.

Just a bit of an edit -- knowing this doesn't mean that I don't worry about my own monitors getting additional dead pixels in the future. As I've stated many times before, if I had two, personally I'd trade it in... but realistically, you probably don't have too much to worry about.

Drexel923
03-28-2005, 06:13 PM
:D

I have been broken LOL

Went out this morning with the sole intent on finding a PSP. I decided to go to Deptford since there's a bunch of stores to choose from, just in case it was sold out.

First I went to Target at 9AM (they open at 8 @_@ ), because they are the first store open in the area. I get there and they have a whole shitload of PSPs (probably around 30). So I ask if they have a protection plan...they don't. :angry: So I had to sit in Target for an hour until the other stores opened. I decided to buy the game I knew I was getting, Lumines, and also picked up the Incredibles DVD and a CD.

So next I go across the street to Best Buy. Walk in as they are opening and head straight back to the game section. I see a sign for the PSP and look down...all gone. It seems like everytime I go to that store they never have what I want. :/

Sooooo...I decided to go to Circuit City (also close by). I walk in and see nothing but display boxes... :eek 2: ...but I ask the girl if they have any and they did :) She goes in the back and gets me a system and she also has a game with her...Twisted Metal. Apparently you had to buy the two to get the system...now as stated before, I was torn on whether to get this or Untold Legends, obviously I got TM...I guess it was better this way or I would have been in the store all day trying to decide. x_x LOL

I also got the 2 year protection plan and opened the system up right there...didn't see any problems so I left. Spent most of the day playing the games and checking out the UMD videos. I noticed what appears to be 5 or so dead pixels (all black)...but they are so small. I never notice them when watching a video or playing a game so I don't really know what the fuss is all about...I guess it's the principle of the thing, but I'm not bringing mine back.

So...Lumines and Twisted Metal both rock. The screen is amazing and so is the video quality. I'm going to pick up Mercury next week. Overall I'm very happy with it...and I haven't even tried the other features yet.

Now obviously I don't have official sales number but I don't think the system did as well as they hoped. Deptford is a huge huge shopping area with tons of stores, and when something big hits, it's usually hard to find it or sold out everywhere here. Like I said, Target had about 30 systems, and the girl at CC said they had a ton in the back. I can only imagine Toys R Us having a ton too with the amount they usually get in. I guess the prices is a bigger factor than anticipated.

Oh and BTW...I love my PSP and DS equally ;) :D

Tank
03-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Has anyone tried out the Infastructure mode on any of the games that support it? I have Twisted Metal and im having a lot of trouble with it.

Cmosfm
03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
:D

I have been broken LOL

DP will break you, I swear, I didn't give two shits about the DS when it was released. Hell, I didn't even know WHEN it came out! I started reading the threads about it the day after release and within' an hour I was heading over to Circuit City to pick one up.

Now I love it, it was the system that got me back into handhelds.

:D The power of DP

Slate
03-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I haven't got one yet, But i will get mine someday.. 2 Years from now is when i expect to get one..

xfactor1984
03-29-2005, 03:32 AM
got my psp today at ebgames, I preordered one but they said I wouldnt get one until the second shipment comes in. they said they would call me if anyone cancels. Well they called me thursday but i already went out of town to houston to see slipknot, that thing would have come in real handy for the trip there. I came home monday and went in to see if I could still get one, luckily they had one left. I got it and rode home. No dead pixels, everything works as it should. I have been tinkering around with it and I love this thing. I put a NIN video on there to see if it works, of course it almost took up the memory card, I put an mp3 on there to see how good it is, and set up my wireless infrastructure successfully without any problems. Although I do not have any games that is ok, spider man 2 is my source of entainment until I go back and buy a game this friday. My final thoughts: this is the greatest portable system ever.

Jasoco
03-29-2005, 03:34 AM
I'm really eager to see how Sony's gonna handle the whole UMD movies thing. I still say they should be free with the DVD.

PS2Hawk
03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
wat do you mean free with dvd ?
I don't follow

Putney
03-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I think Jasoco means that you should get the UMD version of a movie for free if you buy the DVD version. Which I think would be a great idea, because I can't see myself shelling out $20 to watch a movie on a handheld when, for the same price, I could get the same thing with more features for a bigger screen and surround sound.

Jasoco
03-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't even pay $10, $5 would be a stretch. For one thing, the disc only holds enough for the movie, no special features or extras. Packing them in free with the movie would be the best way. Hell, I'd love a UMD version of Fifth Element.

zmweasel
03-29-2005, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't even pay $10, $5 would be a stretch. For one thing, the disc only holds enough for the movie, no special features or extras. Packing them in free with the movie would be the best way. Hell, I'd love a UMD version of Fifth Element.

The Spider-Man 2 UMD has two movie trailers, two language tracks, and optional subtitles--and it's a 128-minute flick, so extras are definitely possible. I never watch deleted scenes (which are deleted for a reason!), so I wouldn't miss those, but behind-the-scenes clips and music videos would be keen.

-- Z.

goatdan
03-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I went around town tonight on a bunch of missions, and passed by a bunch of PSPs...

I was really surprised that out of the five gaming stores that I went into, three already had used PSPs. Oddly enough, between all of the stores that had used PSPs, they only had one game total that was on the floor marked as used -- a copy of Metal Gear Solid: Acid.

I was very tempted to pick up a used one, but didn't.

I can't imagine buying the system and giving up on it so quickly. As a note, I saw the same thing with Nintendo DS systems a week later. Just odd that people (kids? or stolen goods? probably?) give up on stuff so quickly.

Putney
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
I can't imagine buying the system and giving up on it so quickly. As a note, I saw the same thing with Nintendo DS systems a week later. Just odd that people (kids? or stolen goods? probably?) give up on stuff so quickly.

Maybe the used systems are some of the dead pixel ones so many people have returned? Perhaps Sony isn't taking them back, so the stores have to make some money somehow...

Jasoco
03-29-2005, 11:57 PM

The Spider-Man 2 UMD has two movie trailers, two language tracks, and optional subtitles--and it's a 128-minute flick, so extras are definitely possible. I never watch deleted scenes (which are deleted for a reason!), so I wouldn't miss those, but behind-the-scenes clips and music videos would be keen.

-- Z.I'm an extra feature WHORE. If it doesn't have deleted scenes, commentary, a whole boatload of extras, I'd be hard pressed to pay anywhere near $10 for it.

tholly
03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
well, add me to the list of people that will be returning their psp

at least i got the extended warranty

my system just stopped responding and on the main menu it said i had 2 umds in, but none of the buttons would let me do anything

i took the battery and the memory card out and put them back in and it seems to be working fine

it will last me until april 15th when i go home for the weekend....at which point i will be getting a new system

also, 1 dead pixel developed that i never saw before
i downloaded the dead pixel tester pics, and thats def what it is

so, im slightly mad right now

Jibbajaba
03-30-2005, 11:46 PM
I feel myself cracking. I think I'll end up buying this thing this weekend. I'm going to get the extended warranty as well. Anyone know where it's the cheapest? (The warranty, not the system) Think I'll get Wipeout, too.

Chris

halbert
03-31-2005, 12:28 AM
I couldn't resist, and ran out to buy one today, along with Untold Legends. The DS really doesn't touch it. Let's hope for a FFVII remake. Pleassee.

my system just stopped responding and on the main menu it said i had 2 umds in, but none of the buttons would let me do anything

i took the battery and the memory card out and put them back in and it seems to be working fine

it will last me until april 15th when i go home for the weekend....at which point i will be getting a new system

Tholly, first of all, your problem with the unit appearing dead doesn't seem to be anything permanent, as other people have had the same problem but easily remedied it. If you take a look on some of the PSP forums, you can get some insight into this.

Also, dead pixels don't develop over time, what you get is what you'll always have. Sorry if I seem harsh, but it seems as if everyone is returning PSP's because they don't understand basic facts about LCD's.

tholly
03-31-2005, 12:28 AM
I feel myself cracking. I think I'll end up buying this thing this weekend. I'm going to get the extended warranty as well. Anyone know where it's the cheapest? (The warranty, not the system) Think I'll get Wipeout, too.

Chris

EB's warranty was $25 for 1 Year

SoulBlazer
03-31-2005, 12:30 AM
The one I got at Best Buy with my PSP was $40 for 2 years.

tholly
03-31-2005, 12:32 AM
I couldn't resist, and ran out to buy one today, along with Untold Legends. The DS really doesn't touch it. Let's hope for a FFVII remake. Pleassee.

Tholly, first of all, your problem with the unit appearing dead doesn't seem to be anything permanent, as other people have had the same problem but easily remedied it. If you take a look on some of the PSP forums, you can get some insight into this.

Also, dead pixels don't develop over time, what you get is what you'll always have. Sorry if I seem harsh, but it seems as if everyone is returning PSP's because they don't understand basic facts about LCD's.

yea .. i figured i probably just didnt notice it

but, as for the system appearing dead...im not gonna look at psp forums because its not something that should happen....it was an easy fix for me...took battery, put battery in...10 seconds total.....but, thats not something i should have to do.....no matter how easy

Jibbajaba
03-31-2005, 12:49 AM
$40 for two years seems like a pretty good warranty deal.

I saw a system with a few dead pixels, and I dont think it's a big deal, BUT... In everyone's experience here, what store is the coolest about accepting returns/exchanges because of dead pixels. I probably wont return mine, but if I see a buttload of deadies, or especially if they are all in a clump then I will probably want a replacement. Has Best Buy been cool about this or are they the "piss off" type?

Chris

mieu_c
03-31-2005, 12:56 AM
I get the feeling you have to be very gentle with it. My real concerns forget the dead pixels is can it take the handheld beating? I found 2 dead pixels but I am going to keep it because I probably would not have notice it if people weren't obsessing and overblowing the issue. On the other side I think some people have valid concerns, if I have one dead now will I have twenty in 5 months? Will the issue ever be resolved I doubt it because with perfect quality comes a perfect price.

What I've seen working with monitors is that if you get one with a dead pixel, in a few years you'll still have one with a dead pixel. Pixels do not suddenly spring to life (as Sony seems to state they do) or die easily. We have a laptop loaner program at work where students get a laptop with their tuition if they are in a certain program, so they don't exactly treat them nicely. When we get these laptops back four years later, about 90% come back with no dead pixels, and they are beat to hell. The 10% that come back with dead pixels I assume had them when we got them and no one said anything. So, in my opinion based on personal observations, as long as you're not throwing or dropping your PSP, you'll have two dead pixels in five months, and in five years.

Just a bit of an edit -- knowing this doesn't mean that I don't worry about my own monitors getting additional dead pixels in the future. As I've stated many times before, if I had two, personally I'd trade it in... but realistically, you probably don't have too much to worry about.

Yeah.. ok.. Maybe, but I know for a fact that in digital cameras you can get dead pixels that just pop out of nowhere.
It's happened to me a few times with a cannon GL1. Cannon had a problem with dead pixels. The bigger problem was that it was very expensive to fix, because they have to replace the whole board. My dead pixel appeared after almost a year of ownership. And believe me.. that camera was like a child to me. I treated it like gold. So anyway... I'm not buying one until they fix the problem. Cause I will not spend my money on something that isn't perfect.

Jasoco
03-31-2005, 02:30 AM
Apparently, Sony plans on selling these UMD movies separately for $20-30 each. So screw them on that. I'll just buy a GB card and take my own movies with me.

Secondly, Ridge Racer kicks ASS! The system is worth it for RR and Lumines alone.

Jibbajaba
03-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Apparently, Sony plans on selling these UMD movies separately for $20-30 each. So screw them on that. I'll just buy a GB card and take my own movies with me.

Secondly, Ridge Racer kicks ASS! The system is worth it for RR and Lumines alone.

I think that Sony is going to learn real quick that people arent going to pay that much for movies here. I mean, damn. For the price of 3 or 4 movies, you could invest in a 1 gig memory card and then stick your own movies on it.

RR and Lumines are the two games I was planning on picking up if I can find a system this weekend.

Chris

FlashStash
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Just a quick note on availablility in Philadelphia...

Everywhere around here has stacks of them...the Best Buy I was in yesterday had over 100 of them.

I'm interested in hearing sell-through numbers...it seems to me they're not flying off the shelves here.

Not that I don't love the system, but if sales were that great, don't you think we would have heard from Sony by now? And how many have been returned because of the pixel issue?

FS

vincewy
03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
1 week after launch, both my store and K-Mart have sold ONE, not kidding, looks like Sony doesn't have to worry about restocking the systems, it might take a while to sell the launch units anyway, now, how about moving the European launch date back up early.

Beefy Hits
03-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Sales solid, but not a sell-out.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/technology/personaltech/psp_sales/index.htm

poloplayr
03-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Just a quick note, a friend of mine who's a manager of an EB had an almost 100% rate of dead pixeled PSPs; almost every single sold unit had dead pixels.

zmweasel
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Sales solid, but not a sell-out.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/31/technology/personaltech/psp_sales/index.htm

The most important quotes in the piece:

"'We believe that the PSP has come close to shipping its target 1 million units in North America, with a range of 475,000 to 575,000 sold to date in the U.S. with roughly another 250,000 to 300,000 in the channel,' wrote [analyst P.J.] McNealy, who said he still believes Sony will sell 4.5 million to 5.5 million PSPs in North America this calendar year."

and...

"The Nintendo DS, which many say the PSP competes with, sold 500,000 units in its first seven days on the market in North America. The DS, however, went on sale during the 2004 holiday season which is typically a much busier sales period."

So you can spin the first-week sales figures into a loss for Sony (selling through not quite two-thirds of its initial ship, despite gobs of hype) or a win for Sony (selling as many first-week units as the DS, despite a $100-higher price point and a launch in the slowest period of the videogame year).

It also seems safe to assume that more PSPs were returned or exchanged due to dead-pixel issues than DSes, although I don't know how that affects sell-through and sell-in numbers.

Oh, my, but this Christmas is going to be interesting.

-- Z.

goatdan
03-31-2005, 03:32 PM
So you can spin the first-week sales figures into a loss for Sony (selling through not quite two-thirds of its initial ship, despite gobs of hype) or a win for Sony (selling as many first-week units as the DS, despite a $100-higher price point and a launch in the slowest period of the videogame year).

I wonder how Sony really sees it -- according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (The real paper), Sony expected to sell out of all one million shipped units at launch. While selling through somewhere between 475,000 and 575,000 units is one of the four best launches ever (what does beat it? Anyone have these numbers?), since Sony seems to have set their own bar at success = 100% sell out, even though I would call this a huge success in any other context, Sony's own comments make me wonder if it is or not.

It also seems safe to assume that more PSPs were returned or exchanged due to dead-pixel issues than DSes, although I don't know how that affects sell-through and sell-in numbers.

I would assume that it wouldn't affect sell-through rate, but would affect consoles-shipped. Sony doesn't have to claim that they got 2,000 or 200,000 back for defects, and the more they can claim to have sent to stores, the better it looks for their analysts and stock holders.

Jasoco
03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Apparently it's regional. My store (Kmart) sold them all out in a few days. People still ask for them. While other Kmarts still have a dozen or so. Same with [Insert any other Kmart-like store here].

stevec1636
04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Seriously, how the hell do you walk into a store and plop down $300 on something that has a good chance of being defective? What's going on, people? Did Sony drug your Pepsi or something?

wow, a couple dead pixels, boo hoo. I bought a 1500.00 laptop from Dell that has a couple dead pixels. I'm sorry but a few TEENY TINY dots on your screen that you can't even NOTICE without a black screen in near complete darkness is nothing to deter you from buying a system. And it doesn't make it defective, it makes it a normal LCD based product.

:roll: and double :roll:

amen brother. mine has 2 dead pixels and i don't care!!

Slate
04-16-2005, 08:32 PM
I FINALLY was able to Play a PSP for a few minutes. Ditto all those who say it is Shiny, And Yes, the graphics are Better than DS.. And Ditto the dead pixels are VERY hard to notice!

Yes, it is a great machine. But not worth $250 to me. (Few of the launch titles interest me) I can wait for the price to go down..

If you can not decode my message, Here it is in short:

I want one.

Edit:

It is VERY hard to wait when you are wondering When will i get this!!

Slipdeath
04-16-2005, 11:42 PM

I wonder how Sony really sees it -- according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (The real paper), Sony expected to sell out of all one million shipped units at launch. While selling through somewhere between 475,000 and 575,000 units is one of the four best launches ever (what does beat it? Anyone have these numbers?), since Sony seems to have set their own bar at success = 100% sell out, even though I would call this a huge success in any other context, Sony's own comments make me wonder if it is or not.

I would assume that it wouldn't affect sell-through rate, but would affect consoles-shipped. Sony doesn't have to claim that they got 2,000 or 200,000 back for defects, and the more they can claim to have sent to stores, the better it looks for their analysts and stock holders.

The article says that those numbers are the PSPs sold up to that date, not at launch.

Jasoco
04-17-2005, 02:58 AM
The UMD Movies come out on Tuesday. We got a few of them in my store. I can't wait to see how badly they sell.

Okay. I finally got Mercury the other night.

I called the GameStop in Montgomeryville to see if they had it, it's further away from me than the other GS, but I wanted to get my $5 pre-order for D3 back and was hoping for some Taco Bell (The only one in the area, 12 miles away. Also the closest KFC now that they closed the one in town. Mother F***..) but the guy said "No, we're out. it's getting hard to find.."

So I called the closer GameStop. They had it. Drove up and it was the last one. I was wary of buying it because it's the last one.. which of course means "Open copy". I should have turned it down, but it's not that bad.

So I brought it home.. let's see..

Loading: Loading times are pretty long. The initial boot one is really long while the stages are maybe 10 seconds. Not really a turn-off though. Once you get past the first load it's fine.

Saving: No auto save. You have to manually save your game, AND manually load it when you start up. Why?

These two are minor annoyances.

The game is pretty teriffic. Mostly...

Controls: Sometimes it's very difficult to use that stupid analog disc. I can't go straight in any direction other than Up. So I have to rotate the field in many narrow levels. This is a gripe with Sony. Out of the 4 games I have, two require you to use that POS disc. Why I can't have an option to SWITCH THE STICK AND D-PAD is beyond me. The A, B, X and Y.. I mean Square, Circle, Star and Octagon or whatever buttons control the camera. You can snap to 90, 45 or free. And tilt up or down. The D-Pad focuses the camera on the individual parts of Mercury if you have to.

Camera: Who woulda thought? Camera problems in a puzzle game. Only on certain levels though. Only the levels that are built upwards rather than just being flat have problems that make you have to adjust the camera sometimes. So far I've encountered only two levels that have this problem. i.e. only two levels so far are built upwards rather than flat. So it's not a biggie.

Graphics: The videos aren't impressive. They seem to be low-budget 3D tools. But when you get into the levels, the graphics are amazing. Really nice. The mercury is shiny. Comes in 6 colors and silver. The levels are detailed. But the text looks like someone had fun with the Photoshop layer effects. No antialiasing around the letters and numbers. Just a minor annoyance.

Sound: Nice music. Sounds. The Mercury makes sounds when needed. Namely when a piece falls off. The music is no match for Lumines though.

Level design: Amazingly easy at first. Amazingly increasing in difficulty. Not impossible, but it does take a few tries for many of them. But that's what a puzzle game's all about, isn't it? I am two levels short of halfway through the regular campaign. Apparently there are hidden levels if you accomplish the IMPOSSIBLE TASK of getting the #1 hi-score in every level of a world. There are 12 levels each world. And apparently 6 worlds.

Enemies/Hazards: There is one main enemy, and he is enough. The Mercoids. They eat your mercury. Avoid them. It's sometimes hard, but fortunately not every level requires all of your blob to make it to the end. Most only require 1% of the initial blob to make it. But of course, you get higher scores if you have more left. There is one main hazard. A Jacob's Ladder. It will zap you if you get close. For each zap you lose some mercury. They aren't too plentiful though thankfully.. at least not yet. Other than them, there's also the pain of falling off the sides.

Was it worth $40? Not sure yet, but it is fun. Would rather it had been a $30 or $20 budget. Puzzle games like this are really more suited to being budget titles. Still, it should give me some replayability.

Will it replace Lumines? Nope. Sadly. I don't think anything will come out soon that can replace Lumines in terms of addictability. We'll find out when "Smart Bomb" comes out next month and later down the road Puzzle Bobble and Puyo Pop.

Any questions?

geelw
04-17-2005, 03:09 AM
...there are a bunch of bonus courses and goodies in mercury which make the game a better value. i was tempted to use the code that came with my review copy, but i made sure to lose that sheet of paper (after bgetting archer's e-mail addy off it- i need to bug him about something i asked him about last year, lol).

granted, you need to get really good at the game to unlock all the goodies, but hell, what's the fun of a puzzle game if you get to the end in a day or two? i'm having less control issues, but the camera is a bit too far out on some maps. personally, i'd hate to control this with anything other than an analog stick.

g.

Jasoco
04-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Must. Have. Code..

There is no way I will ever be able to get the high scroe on every stage. No freaking way. I MUST HAVE THE CODE!!

Also, I hope I'm not mistaken, but it looks like Smart Bomb is coming out on Tuesday instead of next month? Am I wrong here? I thought it was next month, but GameSpot says Tuesday?

Hehe.. I now have the MP3 of "Lights" and the video for the same song on my PSP. "Lights" is the song from the last level of Lumines. A level which I hope to one day get to. Hopefully. Yeah right.. But I'll damn well try.

Drexel923
04-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Also, I hope I'm not mistaken, but it looks like Smart Bomb is coming out on Tuesday instead of next month? Am I wrong here? I thought it was next month, but GameSpot says Tuesday?

I'm pretty sure thats correct. Smartbomb looks like a fun game, but I can't help but wonder why it isn't a DS title...it certainly looks like the controls would be better.

As far as Mercury goes, I like it. It's not the best puzzle game ever, but it's fun. And boy does it get hard...I was flying through stages early on, now I'm stuck and it's pissing me off :angry:

Tatsu
04-17-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm not that keen on getting a new system again (I don't have enought time to play with my new X-Box and the older stuff) but the PSP really interests me. The games that are anounced or allready out look interesting and the console itself seems more appealing to me than the DS. But I'll sure not get the PSP at launch date. I will wait for the price to drop. Mean it will take ages until I have one since I got told that Sony will release that thing in Europe only in about September.

Anyway, it's interesting to read your experience with it.

TheHammerGod
04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
As someone who owns two DS systems along with a PSP (thank god for EBay and the over paying for crap I don't want) the PSP just blows me away. I am currently playing Untold Legends which I find to have that same PSO addictive nature to it.

Just one more level.

Just one more quick quest.

Ohhh... a super cool new sword.

Thanks to the PSP stand-by mode I just power the unit on and off when I get a few minutes to play without having to load the game from scratch, thats a life saver.

Jasoco
04-17-2005, 06:51 PM
I already posted my Lumines accomplishment in the Lumines Help thread. I still can't get over how good the game is. It's like the ultimate launch title. I can't see anything surpassing it anytime soon.

98,000+ points and 12 skins. How will I ever top that?

Is there any word when and if Namco Museum, Puyo Pop and Puzzle Bobble will make it over here? I really really want those without stooping to imports only to have them bring them over right after.

Refresh my memory. Is there a list somewhere of all the upcoming games and known release dates in a list? Rather than having to check each game individually.

Chunky
04-17-2005, 06:57 PM
I found one, the first one i have seen. I have checked about 30 stores around hte area from time to time.

Every EB has a huge waiting list. I was told i could get in on the 3rd or 4th shipments if i got on now(the local one) no other gs or eb can tlel me when i could get one because of lists and shipping.

Games are very limited everywhere, my CC had 6 games, about 1/2 of each.

mine and my buddies have no dead pixels. if someone can make a little keyboard and get this full on web browsing/emulating, this thing will be the greatest thing i have ever touched.

TheHammerGod
04-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Refresh my memory. Is there a list somewhere of all the upcoming games and known release dates in a list? Rather than having to check each game individually.

The easiest one to browse for me is at GameFaqs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/releases.html

Jasoco
04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Doesn't look like there's too much confirmed US releases. Why do we have to wait so long for the good Japanese stuff? It's not like it's that full of Japanese, they're puzzle games!

geelw
04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
well, i think scea wants more us and euro developed games to make their way here, as there are a lot of quirky japanese psp games that probably wouldn't do huge numbers here. don't worry- we'll get plenty of games for the thing LOL

the good thing is soe is working on an untold legends sequel (you didn't hear it from me) and some other stuff that's going to raise an eyebrow or two (i forgot what i typed already...)

although, in terms of puzzle games, i actually am surprised that there isn't a tetris for the psp already... :hmm:

Jasoco
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Apparently there's a Tetris coming for the DS. Dammit. I want it on the PSP. But I'll take what I can as long as it HAS A GOSH DARNED SCORE!!!

I found a long comprehensive list here:
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=43219

But no release dates for any of them. These are the games I am most interested in.

PSP:
Namco Museum (They better bring this over or I'm importing it.)
Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Ditto)
Puyo Pop Fever (Ditto two)
Space Invaders Pocket (Dit.. do I only want the unconfirmed games??)
Pac-Man World 3 (Maybe)
Daxter (I assume it's Daxter from Jak? Where's Jak? I want Jak!)

DS:
Nintendogs
Zoo Tycoon (Maybe)
Tetris DS (Only if it has a gosh darned SCORE!! Tetris Worlds was a POS because there was no score. I'd prefer it be on the PSP though.)
Super Mario Bros
Super Princess Peach
Spyro (Maybe. Would prefer a PSP version here too.)
Polarium
Pac Pix
Meteos
Lost in Blue
Kirby Canvas Curse
Katamari Damacy (Blah blah PSP blah blah)
Bomberman
Bubble Bobble (Hell yeah! Unless it sucks.)
Animal Crossing

CreamSoda
04-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm thinking about getting Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2 for the PSP, could I please get some info on it?

I really want to get it, but am not sure if it will have the same great style music and addictivness of THPS2/3

And plus it's $50! X_x

Thanks for the help.

geelw
04-18-2005, 03:42 PM
here's a recommendation for you: http://www.bonusstage.com/art2182.html

g.

Slate
04-18-2005, 03:49 PM
And plus it's $50! X_x

Maybe you should check KMart. My local KMart has THUG2 (For PSP) For $40, i think.

Crush Crawfish
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Tales of Eternia & Ys for PSP have been confirmed for a US release? Crap, I'm sold on a PSP once those come out. Good to see that there'll be some good RPG's for it.

suppafly
04-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I finally got my PSP today. Ive played with it for 5 minutes and it looks damn nice!

Can anyone please recommend me the best games to play over the Internet? Id really like to take advantage of the infrastructure mode

thanks!

CreamSoda
04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
here's a recommendation for you: http://www.bonusstage.com/art2182.html

g.

Thanks for the link, there are alot of good and imformative PSP reviews on there.

Thanks again. :)

-CS

Slate
04-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I've had my PSP since december '05 now, The screen is awesome (Minus the dead pixel issues, mine has 3 bad pixels)

The games i have for it are Burnout Legends and Frantix. i'm planning to get GTA, Pursuit force, exit, and a Second PSP (That has a broken UMD drive and 2.0 firmware or before 2.0) For emulators, so i can get pursuit force and exit.

Joker T
04-19-2006, 09:30 PM
I got mine May last year and last weekend it was knocked off a table and is now broken. Sony says the repair could cost alot since it was accidental damage.

On the bright side I may take this oportunity to sell the parts on ebay and buy myself a white one from lik sang.