Thread: It's a Shame...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default It's a Shame...

I've been reading a lot recently about all the great stuff that will be going on at this year's Philly Classic. I just saw that Polo for the 2600 will be sold there. I'd love to pick up a copy of this game as well as a few others that will be sold there but unfortunately I just cant make it there. It's a real shame that these games will see a limited release and ONLY be sold at Philly Classic. If there were only going to be 50 copies made what would the harm be of making 25 available to order online as first come first serve?

I guess that I'll just have to wait till the day after the show and see how much the scalpers who will no doubt buy most of them up will be selling them for on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can almost guarantee you'll see them on ebay going for outrageous prices. Same thing happened with those Colecovision prototype replicas. I hate that.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think this is as big a problem as it was in the past. I think most of the people involved are trying to make these games available AFTER the show as well. If you look at the Atariage website as well as Atari2600.com, most games will be available after the show. In fact Atari2600.com still has games left over from last year's PC, and if you check the CGE site they too have games left over from the previous Expo. A few titles might not be immediately available, or may not be available in the same fashion, but most if not all will probably be available after the show, at some point. It's a shame that people will try and profit off of it, but there's no way to totally stop it.