Thread: Anyone "Freq"?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone "Freq"?

And no it isn't a gay thing.

Does anyone else play Frequincy/Amplitude online? I really wanna go agains't someone.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only played the demo, but I was going to pick up amplitude and get into it, since I really dig the demo.

And I must say, you have some mighty fine taste in music.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

*points at signature*

Not online though. Awwwww.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I play Amplitude WAY too much, and online as well. Look for DDRDave. Currently I'm in the top 25 out of over 400. Yay! :-)

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I LOVE Frequency, and I have not yet picked up the sequel, I will this summer though, when the game season is dry, look for me then, I willl be the one kicking your asses online.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what the heck is it? Please enlighten me......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Imagine mixing Beatmania with Tempest. Seriously.

Your "activator" flies along a track. This track contains three columns of notes, corresponding by default to L1, R1, and R2. As the activator passes over these notes, you must hit the corresponding buttons to play them. You must successfully play two bars to activate a track, which will then stay open for some time. And since the track is now open, you have to find a new track to play by moving your activator to one of about 8 possible tracks. There are drums, vocals, guitars, bass, fx, and basically anything that would be in a recording. The object is to make it to the end of the song without running out of energy, and scoring as many points as possible in the process.

And multiplayer mode... Where to begin... The games really shine online. If single player mode sounds frantic, imagine doing much the same thing with four people scurrying around the tracks! And add to that the fact that you've got powerups like the crippler, the bumper (for tossing someone of a track and taking control of it,) the autocatcher (which automatically activates a track,) and point enhancing items, and you've got one hell of a several-minute game.

I should probably mention that the music isn't just a bunch of crappy in house stuff made with Casio keyboards. These are licensed tracks, and in house stuff that's not made with crappy Casio keyboards. ;-) The two games contain artists like Blink 182, Slipknot, Garbage, No Doubt, Run DMC and many others.

And the remix mode. You can lay your own note patterns down and create a completely new version of the songs. The remixes can be played in game mode as custom edits, or just listened to. Plus, you can remix online with up to four players. That's when it gets really crazy.

Go buy both of them. Now. Quickly.

Well, that was a bit more wordy than I had anticipated. I should probably put this on my web page for anyone else that might be wondering... :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ongakuhenjin
    PSN
    ongakuhito

I'm on with Amplitude, and only rated about 325. But I will take the challenge if called upon. Just look for Brisco.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    I don't care as much for FreQuency/Amplitude as you do -- I prefer the happy-fun J-pop and utter goofiness of Japanese rhythm/music games -- but your shorthand description is so perfect that I'm jealous of it, and wish I'd used it in the review I wrote for GameSpy.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your "activator" flies along a track. This track contains three columns of notes, corresponding by default to L1, R1, and R2. As the activator passes over these notes, you must hit the corresponding buttons to play them. You must successfully play two bars to activate a track, which will then stay open for some time. And since the track is now open, you have to find a new track to play by moving your activator to one of about 8 possible tracks. There are drums, vocals, guitars, bass, fx, and basically anything that would be in a recording. The object is to make it to the end of the song without running out of energy, and scoring as many points as possible in the process.

And multiplayer mode... Where to begin... The games really shine online. If single player mode sounds frantic, imagine doing much the same thing with four people scurrying around the tracks! And add to that the fact that you've got powerups like the crippler, the bumper (for tossing someone of a track and taking control of it,) the autocatcher (which automatically activates a track,) and point enhancing items, and you've got one hell of a several-minute game.

I should probably mention that the music isn't just a bunch of crappy in house stuff made with Casio keyboards. These are licensed tracks, and in house stuff that's not made with crappy Casio keyboards. ;-) The two games contain artists like Blink 182, Slipknot, Garbage, No Doubt, Run DMC and many others.

And the remix mode. You can lay your own note patterns down and create a completely new version of the songs. The remixes can be played in game mode as custom edits, or just listened to. Plus, you can remix online with up to four players. That's when it gets really crazy.

Go buy both of them. Now. Quickly.

Well, that was a bit more wordy than I had anticipated. I should probably put this on my web page for anyone else that might be wondering... :-)
    cool, I'll have to pick it up. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmeston

I don't care as much for FreQuency/Amplitude as you do -- I prefer the happy-fun J-pop and utter goofiness of Japanese rhythm/music games.
    Oh, I love the Bemani games just as much, too. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to the arcade to play Drummania 3rd Mix right now. And of course I'll throw in a little Guitar Freaks, too.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be on at 10 pm eastern (after new He-man ).

My freq is Brand[on].

I was at rank 254, and then some guy using a game shark got on my game and knocked me back to 400, i had to woop some noobs to get back to 320, which is were I stand.

ANd this is how I know he wa cheating. THis will probably make sence to you only if you play online.

4 player online game, Freezepop, Brutal, no powerups. The guy had 1500 points before the halfway mark on the song.

Also A few times I got 100 points ahead and then suddenly he had 200 more points. When playing online the highest your multiplier gets is 4, there is no track that would yeild 200 points with a 4x and no score doubler.

Another game ruined by the gameshark.
    I am in fact the guy that made the Raisins prototype worth thousands less by dumping it. "D'oh!!"

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmeston

I don't care as much for FreQuency/Amplitude as you do -- I prefer the happy-fun J-pop and utter goofiness of Japanese rhythm/music games.
    Oh, I love the Bemani games just as much, too. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way to the arcade to play Drummania 3rd Mix right now. And of course I'll throw in a little Guitar Freaks, too.
    The only publicly displayed Bemani game within 100 miles is DDRMAX at the local googolplex, which has forced me to import all my Bemani love. I couldn't really get into Keyboardmania, which was frankly overwhelming. Same with the nine-button Pop'N Music. Drummania is at the edge of what I can reasonably handle, given the limited amount of time I can invest in learning the song patterns.

I'm trying to play Aerobics Revolution right now, which I picked up since DDRMAX doesn't have endless play in Diet Mode, but the songs are ucky and the heavily Japanese menus are giving me headaches. Did I read elsewhere on this forum that they're putting endless mode back into MAX2?

-- Z.