Thread: April Console Sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by Kejoriv View Post
    I cant believe that the Gamecube sold 13,000 units.
    Took the words out of my mouth. I love the cube but I can't imagine picking up one new cept maybe for a spare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth. I love the cube but I can't imagine picking up one new cept maybe for a spare.
    Especially since the new ones can't even use component cables.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    What's most surprising to me is that the PSP outsold the 360 in April.

price drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    Well, it doesn't matter how many systems you sell at launch or even in the first 8-10 months. If people want to pick a winner or loser, it boils down to which system has the better games and has sold more systems when it is all said and done.
    I guess what I was trying to say was, the people that were posting about how they thought the Wii numbers weren't as good as they were led to believe - is how could they be better when you sell EVERY SINGLE unit that hits the shelves? It's basically a number that says, "This is how many Wii's shipped in NA this month."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

will the wii sell 10 mil units in less time then the gamecube did? It either will or it won't, should it though then I think thats good enough. Question is will it be at a rate closer to or ahead of the DS, a rate closer to the Cube, or somewhere in the in between time will tell it will for the wii
    Last edited by NintenDk; 05-18-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Sony is doing terrible right now but I think eventually they can do very well and surpass nintendo. I doubt nintendo's success with the wii will last. Naturally gameboy/DS will continue to be a big hit. If bluray takes off sony will do very well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    If bluray takes off sony will do very well
    That's the thing, will BluRay do well? Although afordable not that many people own HD TVs still and out of that few even want to fork another several hundred out for an HD player let alone some video game system. HD isn't that new and just hasn't taken off that much still. I expect in another 2 years that's when to expect the HD market to expand as the TVs become even more affordable (worth it to most to upgrade), more HD channels will be available and of course there's a better selection of movies.

As for Sony surpassing Nintendo, just don't know. Look at the PSP sales, the price dropped and they recieved a spurt of sales! I expect the same with the PS3. We'll see a generalized curve that forms around those price drops, same goes with the Xbox360. The Wii however is very affordable for "next generation" (whether you like it being classified as such or not) and operates on nearly every TV anyone owns. If Nintendo plays their cards right, meaning to continue taloring to casual and generally non-gamers, then they have a huge shot at winning in this generation which may cause Sony and Micrsoft to change the way their gameplay interaction works.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    If bluray takes off sony will do very well
    I don't think Bluray will have anything to do with how well the PS3 does. I admit that I don't own a DVD player because I use either my PS2 or Xbox to watch movies but its more a matter of convenience. I could buy an $ 80 DVD player with progressive scan that looks better anyways. I feel that Sony is selling their souls to pimp bluray and I hope it bites them in the ass. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but I love the fact that Nintendo doesn't focus on adding so many ridiculous features to their systems that it takes away from their main purpose. If Sony thinks people will pay $ 600 for their system because its a deal compared to paying $ 800 - $ 1200 for just a bluray player they are in for a big disappointment. The difference between 720p and 480p when watching a movie is not that big of a difference( unless you watching them side by side) and I'm thinking the % of the population that owns a 1080p tv has got to be miniscule. When every HD TV offers 1080p 3 years I can see how people will make the additional investment.

The PS3 will start selling consoles but not until they drop the price of the console. $ 599 is too much to spend, especially when every cross platform game looks just as good on the 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by theoakwoody View Post
    If Sony thinks people will pay $ 600 for their system because its a deal compared to paying $ 800 - $ 1200 for just a bluray player they are in for a big disappointment. The difference between 720p and 480p when watching a movie is not that big of a difference( unless you watching them side by side) and I'm thinking the % of the population that owns a 1080p tv has got to be miniscule. When every HD TV offers 1080p 3 years I can see how people will make the additional investment.
    Gotta agree with this. I don't have HDTV. Hell I still have a B&W tv set in the house. I don't need to see every nose hair when I watch a flick. As long as I can make out bush and tits I'm good to go.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

i think its interesting that there are more psps out there than 360s.... and almost as many as DS.

also, keep in mind that the wii numbers are low cause you cant find the damn thing and nintendo cant keep up, while the ps3 is low cause no one wants it, its readily available everywhere.

yeah 13k gamecubes... lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    yeah 13k gamecubes... lol
    Yeah, why didn't the Game Wave beat it?
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]