Be it "Pong" from the 1970s, and the crude dedicated consoles back then, or the most recent home versions of arcade games on the most recent consoles, and all in between, we know the story: you play the arcade game, like it, purchase the home version based on that.

But, how many times have you bought the home version of an arcade game, AND THEN, some time later, came across the arcade game somewhere? Then, it's the other way around: you compare the home version to the arcade version!

The single best example of this with me was with CV Pepper 2. I bought it in 1983, because it looked so good (and it was- in fact, I'll write a review for it), and then, a couple of years later, in the basement arcade of Dutchess Community College (clue!), did I encounter the arcade machine.

I was not disappointed by the home version, although it was a surprise to see that the mazes each had their own pair of "track" colors (in the CV Vesrion, they are always Blue when you're an Angel, Green when you're a Devil). Remember, back then, we didn't exactly have the Internet in any modern sense of the word, including the Killer List Of Videogames website.