Thread: Tomb Raider: Anniversary episodes hitting Xbox 360 in September [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Tomb Raider: Anniversary episodes hitting Xbox 360 in September [Joystiq]

Filed under: PC, Sony PlayStation 2, Sony PSP, Microsoft Xbox 360, Action, Adventure

Eidos UK has officially announced Tomb Raider: Anniversary for the Xbox 360, confirming almost all of the theories originating from the ESRB listing we unearthed earlier this month. We say "almost," because one of said theories had the game being distributed via antiquated catapult. That's clearly and unfortunately not the case, as Anniversary will initially arrive on the Xbox 360 as a set of four downloadable episodes incorporated into Tomb Raider: Legend. The publisher notes that this marks the first occasion of a full game being serialized on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

As suggested in the earlier article, the episodes should be split across the various locales Lara Croft explores and inevitably desecrates in the Crystal Dynamics remake of the 1996 original. Lady Croft's manor will be offered as a free download, while the complete set of episodes will cost 2400 MS Points -- $30 and on par with the cost of the already released PC and PS2 versions.

Eidos promises to release Episode 1 and Episode 2 in September, with the final two episodes following "shortly afterwards." Those bemoaning the fact that they've since traded in Tomb Raider: Legend (understandable!) or never bothered to pick it up (unacceptable!) can wait for a retail version of Anniversary to be released on Xbox 360 "later in the year."

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

</img> </img>

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that pisses me off...I loved TRL, the only one in the series I liked, and having to wait this long for the 360 version is crap. Well at least its coming out. But wait...downloadable bullshit. Sorry, I am not ever paying for a "retail" game without getting a copy of it. So now I have to wait even longer to get that...but with my luck, they will end up cancelling the disc version of it in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Everyone who is considering buying this should just wait for the retail release. Maybe MS will start to get the hint that downloading full length games that will only work on the original 360 is ridiculous. They could change this policy today if they wanted to. I've stopped buying Live Arcade games for that exact reason. It's sad that I can't play my XBLA games whenever my internet goes down (and with Charter...it happens all the time).
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I hear it will be retail too. I hope that Beautiful Katamari also gets a retail release...

Cheers,
    Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wicked, I like the concept of Downloading, but telling the people there will be a full retail version defeats the purpose.

I still need to buy TR Legends...I liked the demo.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDrive20XX View Post
    I still need to buy TR Legends...I liked the demo.
    I'm sure you will enjoy it. The 360 version is fantastic.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am just gonna wait until the end of the year for the retail version. Paying all that money I would rather have a physical copy of it that I atleast have a chance of reselling in the future.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room