10 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite RTS?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Total Annihilation all the way. So much metal. So much destruction. So precious little time.

TA is usually the first thing we play at our regular LAN. Its gotten to the point where a round will last for 3-4 hours because we are all so afraid of losing.

-SMi

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gone.
    Last edited by Neonsolid; 07-06-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

C&C forever. It is one of the few PC games i play. I played them for hours on end. The soundtracks were great(Hell March) the gameplay was fun, and i kicked my cousins ass all the time. I played the N64 version of C&C and it wasnt as good as on the PC you need a mouse to really play right IMO.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I became more hooked on StarCraft then any other RTS, so I will go with StarCraft! I also really like the C&C games. I started out with the original C&C back in 1995, then played through Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, and Red Alert 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Starcraft by far. Back during my freshman and sophmore years in college we used to have 4 vs. 4 battles between the student newspaper (which I was on) and the college radio station down the hall over the school's LAN.

Good times

I also can't tell you how many hours I wasted (and classes I missed) trying to beat my friend in the organization. The one and only time I came extremely close to beating him his foot "accidentally" kicked the power cord on his computer and it shut off. Yeah right.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My favorite RTS would probably be Warcraft III. I absolutely loved this game. I bet I put in about 150 hours on this online and in the single player. I beat both that and Frozen Throne on normal without losing one mission, and then I beat them on hard. I absolutely loved that game. My second favorite would probably be Rise of Nations, which was pretty neat. I like RTSs so, I don't know, they cool. But I didn't grow up in the times of C and C so I have, sad to say, never ever played one.
    An emotion as such tells you nothing about reality, beyond the fact that something makes you feel something.

-- Ayn Rand, "Philosophical Detection," Philosophy: Who Needs It

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red Alert 2 and Starcraft.

I never really got into the Warcraft games. I've been meaning to pick up III, I should get to that.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Starcraft and C&C were pretty fun, But My favorite is Total annihilation, been playing it on and off for about 7 years. Gotta take a month or 2 break every once in a while but i always end up going back.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love WarCraft, it's a good game, and good for kicking my butt.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dungeon Keeper 2. Absolutely my favorite RTS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like Starcraft the most with all the options open to it. There's always new UMS games comming out that sometimes are enhancements of older maps. But still, there's always new people getting on and the community is still large and strong. In addition there's still quite a few stratigies to be used and can sometimes over power others so the dynamics of playing new opponents is sometimes suprising and you have ups and downs to wins.

The second up is Total Annihiliation simply because it's so great overall. It lacks an on-line gameplay to a server and sometimes lags due to a few bugged software renders, but was ahead of it's time with real style gameplay, resources, terrain being 3D as well as the polygonal units. The destruction of units is really awesome too with the explosion display and their polygons blasting all over. I can't wait for the Supreme Commander release!

In third is Warcraft II BNE. There's just a small community left on-line but is still great. I beat the single campaign mode a LONG time ago even for the expansion on both sides. The main use is LAN parties because nearly every computer can play it! There's some issues with XP that doesn't link sometimes but oh well, we find ways around it. There is a lack in units and ways to play but is fun when you compete over who builds the best bases.

I never played too much C&C but watched lots of matches. It is really nice and seems to have good controls and graphics but just never tried it. I'm sure it is a top performer with all the responses everywhere about it and the large fanbase. They do have a complete collection set at the stores and I may pick that up sometime and finally give it a go.

There's tons of other RTS games out there that kick ass too, such as Age of Empires, Civilization, and Cossacks, but just don't reach the amount of gameplay that the ones I listed get in my time.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]