Thread: Question for Super Famicom collectors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question for Super Famicom collectors

I am in Japan at the moment and was wondering what would be an average price for the following games.

Ghost Chaser Densei
    Undercover Cops

I am assuming they are not cheap because they were exclusive to Japan
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, if anyone has any other suggestions for Super Famicom exclusive titles, Please feel free to point them out to me lol. No RPG`s for obvious reasons

Cheers and thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Macross Scrambled Valkyrie - hands down the best Macross shooter ever released, super detailed classic 2D side scrolling shooter.

Any of the Parodius titles - same reason, simply great shooters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post
    I am in Japan at the moment and was wondering what would be an average price for the following games.

Ghost Chaser Densei
    Undercover Cops

I am assuming they are not cheap because they were exclusive to Japan
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, if anyone has any other suggestions for Super Famicom exclusive titles, Please feel free to point them out to me lol. No RPG`s for obvious reasons

Cheers and thanks again

GCD and UC... depends on if they're complete or not. Last I checked, Undercover Cops goes anywhere from $65 to $100, depending on completeness and condition. Ghost Chaser is a lot more manageable... I got a cart only copy for around $13 last year.

As for SFC-exclusive titles, please see my website below. There's an "Obscure SFC" section that could be of aid to you. Most of them are SFC-exclusive with the odd title here and there being released in the European market as well (i.e. The FireMen). You really don't need to know JP either to enjoy any of the SFC games highlighted on my site. Enjoy your time in Japan. I wish I was there! , ya lucky punk you

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    GCD and UC... depends on if they're complete or not. Last I checked, Undercover Cops goes anywhere from $65 to $100, depending on completeness and condition. Ghost Chaser is a lot more manageable... I got a cart only copy for around $13 last year.

As for SFC-exclusive titles, please see my website below. There's an "Obscure SFC" section that could be of aid to you. Most of them are SFC-exclusive with the odd title here and there being released in the European market as well (i.e. The FireMen). You really don't need to know JP either to enjoy any of the SFC games highlighted on my site. Enjoy your time in Japan. I wish I was there! , ya lucky punk you
    Wow!

Amazing website! Just what I was looking for. This will most certainly help me in my quest. I have actually been living in Japan for over 6 months now. I have amassed quite a collection of PC Engine, Saturn, Neo Geo and Neo CD titles. So I figured I would start looking for those Super Famicom titles that I have always wanted way back when they came out. What`s even more amazing is that you use Super Play rating and quote that wonderful publication. I love Super Play magazine. I would always look forward to reading it each month. Man, that brought back some wonderful memories
    Thanks again for your help and keep up the great work on your website.

Oh, I watched footage of Macross Scrambled Valkyrie on youtube. That game looks awesome. I will be looking for that one for sure. Thanks InsaneDavid!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Steven's website is indeed a great place to look at.
    I'd advice also games such as Flying Hero, Jaki Crush (if you liked Devil's Crash, you will probably like Jaki) and Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%. There're too many to list here... feel free to also check up the Super Famicom Section on my site, I have tons of reviews there.

I sadly do not know how much Ghost Chaser Densei and Undercover Cops go for these days, especially in Japan. Because you're there, you'll probably be able to find more "affordable" copies than the ones that sometimes pop up on Ebay...

Have a great time in Japan and a nice video game hunt
    Last edited by lkermel; 07-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lkermel View Post
    Steven's website is indeed a great place to look at.
    As is yours! www.vgden.com is another great site for SFC takes.

Quote Originally Posted by pato View Post
    Wow!

Amazing website! Just what I was looking for. This will most certainly help me in my quest. I have actually been living in Japan for over 6 months now. I have amassed quite a collection of PC Engine, Saturn, Neo Geo and Neo CD titles. So I figured I would start looking for those Super Famicom titles that I have always wanted way back when they came out. What`s even more amazing is that you use Super Play rating and quote that wonderful publication. I love Super Play magazine. I would always look forward to reading it each month. Man, that brought back some wonderful memories
    Thanks again for your help and keep up the great work on your website.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes indeed, I too love Super Play Easily the best all-SNES mag of all time, much like how Sega Saturn Magazine is tops for Saturn players. I love gaming magazines in general and have always wanted to incorporate them into reviews and write-ups. It seems like Super Play was one of those publications that once you read it, you never forget. There have been many SP fans who have told me "Thanks for the trip down memory lane." NEKO! Overton! etc. lol. I'm glad you like the site. And once again, good luck on your search for SFC goodness in Japan. Ikermel is right, they're usually cheaper than what you'll find sellers offering on eBay and the like.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    As is yours! www.vgden.com is another great site for SFC takes.
    He he he, thanks mate. I only wish I had your writing talent. English is not my native language and some of the early reviews I wrote are just terrible. But I'm slowly updating and improving the whole thing... I hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both of you have wonderful websites! Now I have two place to go for Super Famicom and Pcengine games. Thanks guys.
    In fact, I found a copy of Ghost Chaser Densei complete for 2000 yen ($20)
    Also picked up another 8 super famicom games for 200 yen a piece. All complete. They are rather common titles (never released in the US though), but I just could not help myself lol.
    Managed to pick up KOF 98 for Neo CD and a Hori 6 button arcade stick for my pcengine too.

Cheers!