Thread: Anyone getting together on Friday?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone getting together on Friday?

I know I won't be the only one arriving a little early for CGE. Is anyone interesting in meeting up on Friday and getting together?

I'll be travelling by myself, so it'd be nice to be able to hang out with some DP members instead of my lonesome self

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe, Sean and myself are always looking for a late-night party on friday night to crash. Let me know if anything is happening.

John

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDefender View Post
    I know I won't be the only one arriving a little early for CGE. Is anyone interesting in meeting up on Friday and getting together?

I'll be travelling by myself, so it'd be nice to be able to hang out with some DP members instead of my lonesome self

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Maybe not a party, but I'll have 2 Space Invaders Mini-Cocktail controllers for some classic arcade gaming. Including a Cooperative mode, and a Head-to-Head mode. These are not Plug n Plays, but an import, with a unique classic controller.
    Take a look:
    2004 Competition picture compilation
    Mini Cocktail controller picture
    Flack, Phosphor Dot Fossils and icbrkr may remember this from OKGE04.

I might even sell one at CGE this year....
    Last edited by purenergy; 07-22-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm coming in early on friday,so if you anybody wants hook up with me let me know.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be willing to meet up with you on Friday, Dan. My plane comes in at 12:21am and check in at the hotel isn't until 4pm on friday, so I was originally planning on sleeping in the airport for awhile, then finding something to do for a bit. My only problem is I have no where to put my stuff until I can check in.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be willing to meet up with you on Friday, Dan. My plane comes in at 12:21am and check in at the hotel isn't until 4pm on friday, so I was originally planning on sleeping in the airport for awhile, then finding something to do for a bit. My only problem is I have no where to put my stuff until I can check in.
    dang thats early, I'm coming in around 11am (Vegas time) I'm going be with my bro and sister though.
    well we will see what happnes,I'm in the same boat with you as luggage goes.
    the hotel might be able to hold it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Iacovelli View Post
    dang thats early, I'm coming in around 11am (Vegas time) I'm going be with my bro and sister though.
    well we will see what happnes,I'm in the same boat with you as luggage goes.
    the hotel might be able to hold it.
    In the past I have arrived as early as 9 am in Vegas, and depending on whether there is a room available you may be able to check in. If not, the "Bell Desk" can hold your luggage for you until you are ready to check in, or you can have them deliver it to your room for a small tip, usually $1-2 a bag, no smaller than $3 though is usually recommended.

My buddy and I will be flying in late Thursday night. We may be hitting the Ghostbar or Playboy Club at the Palms on Friday night.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're getting in that early you shouldn't have a problem finding a cheap place to stay for that night. Particularly downtown. Hotel rooms are much cheaper Sunday thru Thursday. It's just not worth not catching some Z's someplace safe.

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

I'm getting in on Thursday night, so same kind of deal with then if anyone wants to get together for coffee and a chat. Should be flying in around 6:30, then to the hotel from the airport.

Friday night... I dunno, it all depends on what all's going on then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I will be arriving late afternoon on Thursday. I'd be happy to chat, play a game or to, or get a bite to eat with anyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cav View Post
    If you're getting in that early you shouldn't have a problem finding a cheap place to stay for that night. Particularly downtown. Hotel rooms are much cheaper Sunday thru Thursday. It's just not worth not catching some Z's someplace safe.
    That's what we did for Thursday night. $30 plus tax at the 4Queens downtown on Fremont Street. Can't beat the price. Just make sure you wake up in time to check out.

Great Puma (Level 12) RetroYoungen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cy4nBlue
    PSN
    RetroYoungen
    3DS Friend
    0817-3748-2336

How's about this: For THURSDAY night at least, my plane is scheduled to get into LV around 6:30. After getting settled into my room, say a half-hour, 45 minutes, I'll try to get over to Kady's Coffee Shop quickly. Inexpensive atmosphere, looks over the pool, kinda the standard diner feel to it (or so the web site says), and if anybody wants to join me I'll be there. Or, if anybody would be there earlier than that, I'll come join you, just to hang out and grab a bite. If you're up for it, all optional.

Kinda an early-bird sort of thing, but why not. Might just be me and Vector. lol

EDIT: And I'll make sure there's a way for you to find me, just look for a small-ish, skinny dude holding/wearing/doing something related to gaming (I'll probably be wearing my gray 2K Series t-shirt), and ask for the Youngen. If it's me, sit on down. :-)
    Last edited by RetroYoungen; 07-26-2007 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm actually going to be there Wednesday night. My plane comes in sometime around 8 or 9 I think. I wish I could hang out with you guys before the show, but I'll be touring the city with my girl. If anybody recognizes me though, tell me and we'll talk games .