Thread: Help Wanted: Convention Organizers and Staff for 2009 Video Game Convention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

Default Help Wanted: Convention Organizers and Staff for 2009 Video Game Convention

Help Wanted: Convention Organizers and Staff for 2009 Video Game Convention

I'm in the beginning planning phases of another gaming convention for late spring 2009. For the past 4 years I've organized and hosted Too Many Games and East Coast Gaming Expo. From 1999-2001 I was on the original PhillyClassic organizational crew. I'm looking to plan a medium scale gaming convention in the same scope and size of the last few PhillyClassic conventions (PC4 and PC5).

I'm looking for one or two more people to help with the organization of the event, meaning scouting locations, courting potential vendors and sponsors, booking and scheduling entertainment, etc... This is not an easy job, please don't say you want to help if you can't dedicate at least a few hours every day (probably 20 hours a week and more during crunch times) to this task.

I'm also looking for general staff for the event. Staffers help run events, set up demo stations, help vendors find their tables/booths, keep the showfloor clean by picking up trash, selling tickets, etc...

Payment is based upon how successful the show is. For organizers it could be several thousand in your pocket, it could be nothing. Being prepared for both ends of the spectrum is necessary. Staffers will get paid a flat fee for their work on the day(s) of the event.

Organizers must be 18 or older, staffers must be at least 16. This really should go without saying, but both must be present at the event and have their own transportation to and from the convention location.

Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? Shoot me a private message or an e-mail and we'll start talking.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pm sent