0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Default "my question is about the street fighter game"

I got this message on eBay in regards to an auction I have for some boxed Genesis games, with Street Fighter II SCE in the lot. Anyone have any insight as to what this person is thinking of? I sure don't. Spelling and grammar errors left intact for your 'entertainment'.

"hi oobgarm my question is about the street fighter game i have been looking for this game for a long time i do not know if it is in the super nintendo system or in the sega genesis system, but to me it is in the sega genesis, a better description of this game is that when ryu or ken thow the upper cut they release a lot of fire balls and i mean a lot that one upper cut would be enough to kill the enemy in that roun if he does not put any defense. It is the only game of all street fighter games where ryu or ken are able to release a lot of fire balls when they throw the upper cut, and i think that this game is between item number 270165772406. please send me information about this because i am looking to buy street fighter games and the systems for them thank you."

RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should tell him that Street Fighter is ridiculously hard to find and overcharge him for it. Given his grammer and spelling I am sure he would bite.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't be sure but it seems like he might be talking about the hacked Street Fighter 2 arcade game where the characters can throw continuous fireballs without any recovery time between throwing. Guile can throw sonic booms without charging (back forward punch).

I think it is called Rainbow edition or something and as far as I know was never released on a console (officially or unofficially).

If he is not talking about this, then I can make absolutely no sense of the paragraph.

***actually rereading this he might be talking about "Super Moves", which are available in Super Street Fighter 2.
    Last edited by Family Computer; 09-18-2007 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Talking

Hey Oobgarm maybe yoo kan help me out to. Im looking for a movie but im not sure if the movie is in the dvD payer or on the Vhs player. but it has a bouncer for a bar and some asian guys are trying to get some lotus flowur and at the end of the movie the bouncer krushes one of there faces and. O and ther is an old lady that he teaches her a combo called "the 1 2" and she gets ataked in here apartment and she uses "the 1 2" move on them and hits them in the face and then in thee south and she gets away. She releses a buch of 1 2 comobs but this is the only movie ive seen her do this. i think it was from 1985-1995. Please get back to my if you no whaat movie this is. i have been searching for a log time.

Oh... but in response to you post, I have no idea what that gentleman is asking for. Maybe there was a small first print of Streetfighter carts that had some glitch that was fixed with later shipments. I dont really know but thats about the best I could make out.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chrozi

Default Funny Stuff

He is either talking about the hacked arcade versions or Super combos from Super SFII as mentioned before. Or he could be thinking of the Marvel vs. Capcom games. Akuma releases a barrage of fireballs from the air as one of his super moves. Now that I think of it Ryu or Ken might also.
    "Oh my lord it's nutty, yup!"

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Famicom is right, he's referring to the Rainbow edition. I believe that a hacked ROM is available for download somewhere, so perhaps that's why he thinks you can get it on a home console.

Unless there's a pirated hard copy floating around somewhere.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there were pirated hacked copies of street fighter 2 for genesis and snes. Or, this is just a shot int he dark, he played at antoher persons house in the past an they ran codes with game genie and he didn't know.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

actually, I wouldn't sell to him at all. He might be a scam artist from Zimbabwe who has horrible English grammar. I get many scams from people with that same type of horrible grammar. Seriously, what he said doesn't even make sense.

my two cents

-Retromangia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah just drunk Spoon +1-ing this one. Rainbow Edition. Tell him it is the Sega 32x CD version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

For some reason it sounds like he talking about both SF1 and SF2 Rainbow Edition.

In SF1 if you're close enough you can kill someone with one uppercut.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Hey Oobgarm maybe yoo kan help me out to. Im looking for a movie but im not sure if the movie is in the dvD payer or on the Vhs player. but it has a bouncer for a bar and some asian guys are trying to get some lotus flowur and at the end of the movie the bouncer krushes one of there faces and. O and ther is an old lady that he teaches her a combo called "the 1 2" and she gets ataked in here apartment and she uses "the 1 2" move on them and hits them in the face and then in thee south and she gets away. She releses a buch of 1 2 comobs but this is the only movie ive seen her do this. i think it was from 1985-1995. Please get back to my if you no whaat movie this is. i have been searching for a log time.

Brain Smasher... A Love Story
    starring Andrew 'Dice' Clay and Terri Hatcher.
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

funny just played this myself the other day. It's the rainbow clone of sf2 for Mame. what a piece of shit.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was thinking the same thing retro- sometimes these guys try to start real conversations before the whole "I would like to send you a money order for 2000 dollars." With the grammer as bad as it is, it really sounds like one. Nevertheless, maybe he is a gamer whose native language isn't english. Check and see where he is located. But it is very possible that I'm entirely wrong.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Yeah, sounds like he's talking about Rainbow Edition, which from some story I read online, was bootlegged often in China. Big surprise, eh?

He's probably a scammer anyway.

Edit: And for the record, supers were not added until Super Street Fighter II Turbo. Super Street Fighter introduced the four newer characters, but there were no supers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Little Samson's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa, I just got a nearly identical question asked on a loose copy of SNES Street Fighter II Turbo I'm selling:

hi there listen i used to play street fighter games in my super nintendo that i had 10 or 12 years ago, i used to have a lot of fun,but after i got rid of that super nintendo, i used to go to places where they had street fighter games to play and believe me i found the most exiting game in street fighter it is the one that when ryu or ken do the upper cut they release a lot of fire balls or guile, he was able to lounch fire balls back to back,so that is why i wanted to see if you were able like to send me some pictures of ryu or ken doing the special movements or guile's special movements this is the only way i would recognize if that is the game i am looking for because i think that this game was in either sega or in super nintendo system, this game was released between 1990-1994 or so,it might be this game with the number 230172187643,i do not know that is why i need you to please send me some pictures of ryu or ken doin the special movements thank you or ifyouknowthisgameletmeknow.
    The sender of the message was sergio435201. Out of curiosity, Oobgarm, is that the same member who contacted you? If not, then there's definitely something fishy going on here. If so, then there still might be...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It could be some kid on his dads Ebay account trying to be funny. Just a guess though.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Little Samson View Post
    Whoa, I just got a nearly identical question asked on a loose copy of SNES Street Fighter II Turbo I'm selling:

The sender of the message was sergio435201. Out of curiosity, Oobgarm, is that the same member who contacted you? If not, then there's definitely something fishy going on here. If so, then there still might be...
    That's him. Wow.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.