Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Default Dead Head Fred

I just recently picked this up and it's quickly become one of my favorite PSP games. Anyone else playing this too? Given its relatively quick price drop I'm assuming it flew under the radar, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was trying to find a complete used copy during Gamestop's B2G1 sale last week, but no such luck. I may have to bite the bullet and purchase it new.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I nearly picked a new copy up for $20 last week at EB for their boxing week sale, but after buying a handful of import racers at Microplay, I could only afford SOCOM Tactical Strike and Logan's Shadow (they were $20 a piece, too!)... I'll have to go back and try and pick this one up, as I've read more than one good comment about it on various forums... It's a platformer, right? The PSP could use some good platformers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    I was trying to find a complete used copy during Gamestop's B2G1 sale last week, but no such luck. I may have to bite the bullet and purchase it new.
    As Jimid2 mentioned in his post, it's $20 new everywhere AFAIK, and is more than worth the asking price. It's part platformer, part beat em up, and part adventure. The combat system is particularly notable because it's so much fun, albeit somewhat complex at first. You can acquire different heads throughout the course of the game and swap them out at will, thereby enabling you to complete certain puzzles and do certain head-specific moves. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have should you go ahead and get it.
    Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

America can always be counted on to do the right thing after they have exhausted all other possibilities. - Winston Churchill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Badge 714
    PSN
    midnighthobo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimid2 View Post
    I nearly picked a new copy up for $20 last week at EB for their boxing week sale, but after buying a handful of import racers at Microplay, I could only afford SOCOM Tactical Strike and Logan's Shadow (they were $20 a piece, too!)... I'll have to go back and try and pick this one up, as I've read more than one good comment about it on various forums... It's a platformer, right? The PSP could use some good platformers...
    I need to get Logan's Shadow. Thanks for the reminder. Anyway, yes, Dead Head Fred is a platformer for the most part, but also has beat em up and adventure elements too. See above post.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is hilarious. Don't think I've laughed this much playing a game. The storyline/writing is great with puns galore.

The voicework is spot on with the main character being voiced by good ole Dr. Cox from the tv show Scrubs. Steiner sounds like the scientist guy from the Half/Life games. And it sounds like the main villain is the late Jon Polito, even kinda looks like a grotesque version of him.

Interesting gameplay with the switching of heads. This game is the shit, too bad there'll never be a sequel.