Getting the NEO PCE Super Flash Cart, now need console to go with it!

My wife and I have been wanting to get into the PC-Engine/Turbografx-16 scene.

We are planning to order a NEO PCE Super Flash Cart in a couple days. The prices of the games are so high, at least for us, that we feel like it would be taking too much of a risk not to back them up.

Now we just need to pick a system to go with it! Since the NEO PCE Super Flash Cart will play all regions, we will be pretty set as far as being able to play any region HuCard/ TurboChip games that we buy.

So what we are concerned about is being able to play PC-Engine/Turbografx-16 CD’s and back-ups of CD’s.

I’ve read a lot of people recommending the Duo-R for beginners, but we are really concerned about the sound issues that we keep reading about for all of the Duo models.
I’ve also read that they don’t like to play backups very much.

I’ve also looked into systems with the CD attachments and I am confused as to which one would be best for playing both US and Japanese CD games, as well as backups of those games.

It’s not that big of a deal if we have to buy a Arcade Card and/or Super System card separately, so we can play more of the games available.

On Ebay, I’ve seen a TurboGrafix-16 with CD and System card for around $250 + $30.00 shipping,
Or a PC-Engine White Core System w CD Turbo-Graphix-16 (Would I need a step-down converter to play it in the US? For around 250.00+$25.00 shipping
Or the Dou-R route, for $119 in Japan, with $61.00 EMS shipping

I have no idea if these are good prices or not or how well the CD attachments will play all region games and backups of our games…

Any advice?