Thread: Top 50 and Bottom 25 Nintendo 64 games list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lama View Post
    the REAL tragedy is that POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE ranked 30th! I know it's really TETRIS ATTACK, but the fundamentals are still the same. PPL deserves to rank much higher.

Also, DR. MARIO 64 didn't make the list?! One of my favorites on the N64!

And I know I will lose credibility for saying this but I loved WAR GODS (ranked 25th on worst list). That game cracks me up!
    Pokemon Puzzle League was one of my favorite Nintendo 64 games. It's a lot of fun. Dr. Mario received good scores (7.1 overall). I still have the NES version.

I haven't played War Gods in several years, but I remember it being decent...nowhere near as bad as reviewers made it out to be. Like the Mortal Kombat games, it was meant to be humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    Disagree with these

6. Mike Piazza's Strike Zone - 3.3
    8. Olympic Hockey '98 - 3.5

Olympic Hockey 98 is as good as any of the Gretzky games. The only "bad" thing about it is that the game is a complete carbon copy of the two 3D Hockey games that came before it. Otherwise it plays fine.

Piazza's Strike Zone has crummy pitching controls but the hitting, fielding and home run derby components are all good. I thought it was better than N64 Griffey. ...

I also thought one or two of the QB Club games played better than Madden, solely on N64.
    I agree with you about Olympic Hockey '98. I don't know what to do about that game. It received low scores, but it's identical to the Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey games, which received fairly high scores. Do I leave it on the list?

I've played every baseball game on the Nintendo 64 and I think the All-Star Baseball games and the Ken Griffey, Jr. games are the best ones. Mike Piazza's Strike Zone and Bottom of the 9th are somewhat decent, but the graphics are grainy and the animation is horrible.

NFL Quarterback Club '99 received an 8.0 overall, which is great, but not quite as high as some of the Madden or Blitz games. The graphics are incredible though...far, far better than any other sports video game at the time.
    Last edited by Rob2600; 03-09-2008 at 03:44 PM.