Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 100% complete Super Famicom fullset, 1450 titles!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloBoy View Post
    I believe there's about 1,200 games for the Famicom. If not, it's most likely less than that.

There are 1254 games,but that INCLUDES 200 Famicom Disk System games.
    Only 1050 cart games approx. then.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Do you sell off all of you full sets when you are finished collecting them, do you only sell some, or do you keep them all?
    I still have them all simultaneously,of course.
    It'd be too easy to get them 1 after 1,with the money you got by selling the previous one.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    One of Japan's countless variety shows had a special where their task was to find every Famicom game ever released in Akihabara. They got all but ~50. Looked kind of fishy. The price they paid for Mario All Stars was considerably lower than the usual price in Akiba. Not sure how long it took them... I think it was a matter of weeks (2-3). Which also seems fishy, as there's always going to be some obscure title that's not necessarily hot or pricey that will be hard to find.

Most (if not all) were not boxed.
    Exactly.It took them like 2 days,no more.
    Their task wouldn't be the same if they have to be boxed,probably double price if not triple.
    And IIRC, there were not caring about the FDS Games.
    They paid like 3 million yens,no?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by staxx View Post
    Congratulations on this amazing feat. Now for your next conquer.....hey why not try the Neo Geo AES ....If you can, I would like to see screen shots of the game for the SM titles. Pretty pleasee
    Already done back in 2001, dude!
    http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g...ese2001Fullset

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James8BitStar View Post
    While we're asking how many games there were for each console...

How many games WERE there for most consoles, anyway? Particularly 8 and 16-bit?

And where can I find complete lists?
    If you read japanese, i find this website really nicely done:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/gamedatabase/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And IIRC, there were not caring about the FDS Games.
    They paid like 3 million yens,no?
    I'd have to watch again (it's *somewhere* on Youtube) but that sounds about right. Indeed, finding Famicom games (even SFC) is a challenge these days. Not only are they flimsy, but it was common to trash them apparently.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right,80-90% of FC/SFC games around the world are loose.
    Opposite for CD/DVD games,90% of them around the world have their box&instructions (since instructions IS the cover).

I'm having a hard time finding Famicom Disk games complete too,with case,instructions,sticker,outer plastic case WITH matching barcode.
    Especially write only games, like Clu Clu Land, who is worth 100000 Yens complete just because you have the paper instruction

Found the topic in Assembler:
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...hlight=famicom

It was 1.35 million yen to get all the 1053 games (then,not counting FDS),minus 8 they didn't manage to find.But why do they speak of All Night Nippon SMB,since it is a FDS game? Why this FDS game,and no others?

But of course they were loose.I'm pretty sure complete ones would have cost them like 3 million yens.

Youtube videos were:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1ufiijaoQ

Or in 2 parts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQqf4rWjqss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJFSHFs2hig

But they've been removed.
    Last edited by Adol; 04-02-2008 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

As impresive as it all is, I can only say a few things.

1.Thank god, now that's one less person to compete with for the SFC stuff I want.
    2.I'm not seeing it but if it's there, perhaps you can direct me but where's the Super Gameboy 2? I only ask because I've been wondering for some time what the port on the side was good for. I figured it allowed the system to be hooked up to it?
    3.Pachinko controler? I know there were a few made for it and there was atleast one that was done up simular to an arcade stick that looked realy nice.
    4.Just where did you find all 4 versions of Emit? I've been looking for ANY version for years now without he least bit of luck. At that, how much did they run you?
    5.Replace Emit with Angelique and cut it down to the two special boxes and same question. I've only found the saturn version in the LE and it always fetches more then I could pay.
    6.That fire Emblem box looks great as well. Was it just a promo item or did it see retail release?

Over all I'm greatly impressed at it all. Its almost as large as my entire collection and all for one system which alone should be shocking. You know, if you ever listed your stuff in USD I'd be all over your b/s threads in a heartbeat.

Strawberry (Level 2) FrakAttack's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something I've always wondered about big collections like these...do people get them insured? Or, is there even such a thing available?
    "Ambitious, but rubbish."

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    As impresive as it all is, I can only say a few things.

1.Thank god, now that's one less person to compete with for the SFC stuff I want.
    2.I'm not seeing it but if it's there, perhaps you can direct me but where's the Super Gameboy 2? I only ask because I've been wondering for some time what the port on the side was good for. I figured it allowed the system to be hooked up to it?
    3.Pachinko controler? I know there were a few made for it and there was atleast one that was done up simular to an arcade stick that looked realy nice.
    4.Just where did you find all 4 versions of Emit? I've been looking for ANY version for years now without he least bit of luck. At that, how much did they run you?
    5.Replace Emit with Angelique and cut it down to the two special boxes and same question. I've only found the saturn version in the LE and it always fetches more then I could pay.
    6.That fire Emblem box looks great as well. Was it just a promo item or did it see retail release?

Over all I'm greatly impressed at it all. Its almost as large as my entire collection and all for one system which alone should be shocking. You know, if you ever listed your stuff in USD I'd be all over your b/s threads in a heartbeat.
    1)

2) I didn't picture Super Gameboy 1&2,but i have them.
    However those are accessories,not games.
    The port on the side of the SFC was for CD Rom extension,which never came out..?

3) There are surely plenty of pachinko controllers, but i'm not into accessories.

4) You can easily find the 3 Emit here:
    http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b84029120

There are plenty of them.and Cheap ($30 for all 3).
    But finding Emit Value Set,well good luck it took me 5 years to locate it.It appeared 1 time on Yahoo,and i grabbed it.Even for $500 i was ready to take it.I got it for approx $150,but as said earlier,i paid premium price for a carton box only, since when you open it,you get EXACT 3 Emit releases. But i had to find it. Even for $500 i won't sell it, because to me that's clearly the rarest SFC release.

5) There are 3 Angelique releases on SFC IIRC: Angelique, Angelique Voice Fantasy and Angelique Premium Box. hardest to find is the Voice Fantasy i think.

6)It was Deluxe pack retail release of the game,in Lawson shops.

Finally, I'm not planning selling any of the games.
    Thanks.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrakAttack View Post
    Something I've always wondered about big collections like these...do people get them insured? Or, is there even such a thing available?
    Personally,yes it's fully insured,it is possible in my country as long as you can provide invoices/payment statements in case of robbery/theft/fire/water damages,etc..
    They'll refund me 100% of the price i paid.
    But insurance isn't cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    There are 1254 games,but that INCLUDES 200 Famicom Disk System games.
    Only 1050 cart games approx. then.
    Thanks
    how many Famicom/NES titles? (J-NTSC/NTSC/PAL/SECAM), no doubles.

and SFC/SNES titles (J-NTSC/NTSC/PAL/SECAM) perhaps?
    Last edited by tom; 04-02-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make the count by yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice Star Fox 2 there Did you do the artwork yourself?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    Nice Star Fox 2 there Did you do the artwork yourself?
    Another french guy did it,i just bought it from him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another french guy did it,i just bought it from him.
    Cool. You should see about getting other 'conversions'; it would make the collection even more unique. What about some translated English/French RGPs, F-Zero 2 etc.... Even if it's just to compliment the Japanese version.

Uncut, translated Assault Suits Valken on SNES cart FTW!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMonkey View Post
    Cool. You should see about getting other 'conversions'; it would make the collection even more unique. What about some translated English/French RGPs, F-Zero 2 etc.... Even if it's just to compliment the Japanese version.

Uncut, translated Assault Suits Valken on SNES cart FTW!

He made like 20 translations/conversions,but mainly European format.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

1)

2) I didn't picture Super Gameboy 1&2,but i have them.
    However those are accessories,not games.
    The port on the side of the SFC was for CD Rom extension,which never came out..?

3) There are surely plenty of pachinko controllers, but i'm not into accessories.

4) You can easily find the 3 Emit here:
    http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b84029120

There are plenty of them.and Cheap ($30 for all 3).
    But finding Emit Value Set,well good luck it took me 5 years to locate it.It appeared 1 time on Yahoo,and i grabbed it.Even for $500 i was ready to take it.I got it for approx $150,but as said earlier,i paid premium price for a carton box only, since when you open it,you get EXACT 3 Emit releases. But i had to find it. Even for $500 i won't sell it, because to me that's clearly the rarest SFC release.

5) There are 3 Angelique releases on SFC IIRC: Angelique, Angelique Voice Fantasy and Angelique Premium Box. hardest to find is the Voice Fantasy i think.

6)It was Deluxe pack retail release of the game,in Lawson shops.

Finally, I'm not planning selling any of the games.
    Thanks.
    Actualy, I was talking about your buying and selling threads. I'd come to the conclusion a long time ago that you were half crazy after selling your Dreamcast collection. I'd think you were completely insane for selling off a complete Super Famicom collection as well.

If I knew how to use yahoo Japan, I'd be buying those three Emit games right this minute. Being the Koei fan as I am, that's just such a sweet deal to me. That value set though, that's just too rich for my blood. I've lived without it this long, I'm going to continue doing so without it.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    Actualy, I was talking about your buying and selling threads. I'd come to the conclusion a long time ago that you were half crazy after selling your Dreamcast collection. I'd think you were completely insane for selling off a complete Super Famicom collection as well.

If I knew how to use yahoo Japan, I'd be buying those three Emit games right this minute. Being the Koei fan as I am, that's just such a sweet deal to me. That value set though, that's just too rich for my blood. I've lived without it this long, I'm going to continue doing so without it.
    Many agents exist to buy it for you,generally for 20% fee,it isn't difficult.

I proposed the Dreamcast collection,becaus ei needed money at that time,and "why not?" for this amount..i could eventually buy it again,but used this time,not factory sealed.
    I'm into 8-16 bitsmaionly,SFC/PCE/MD collection is WXAY more important to me than Dreamcast,or even Saturn.

Emit Value Set is just incredibly rare,not quite expensive.
    I spoke about $500 because i wanted to give a big price.i could have said $2000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

Many agents exist to buy it for you,generally for 20% fee,it isn't difficult.

I proposed the Dreamcast collection,becaus ei needed money at that time,and "why not?" for this amount..i could eventually buy it again,but used this time,not factory sealed.
    I'm into 8-16 bitsmaionly,SFC/PCE/MD collection is WXAY more important to me than Dreamcast,or even Saturn.

Emit Value Set is just incredibly rare,not quite expensive.
    I spoke about $500 because i wanted to give a big price.i could have said $2000.
    Wait, you didnt sell the Dreamcast stuff off? I'm personaly more a cart fan myself because cart systems tend to outlast the software where as CD systems, the software tends to outlive the hardware. Also, I didnt intend any insult by saying that about the Emit value set though. Your the first person I've seen who actualy had anything of it (let alone all) and hearing that you got it for 150 was simply surprising. Nothing more then that.

Perhaps if you wouldnt mind, you could point me thru PM to some of the more reliable yahoo J buyers?