Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 100% complete Super Famicom fullset, 1450 titles!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    Wait, you didnt sell the Dreamcast stuff off? I'm personaly more a cart fan myself because cart systems tend to outlast the software where as CD systems, the software tends to outlive the hardware. Also, I didnt intend any insult by saying that about the Emit value set though. Your the first person I've seen who actualy had anything of it (let alone all) and hearing that you got it for 150 was simply surprising. Nothing more then that.

Perhaps if you wouldnt mind, you could point me thru PM to some of the more reliable yahoo J buyers?
    Rinkya,Celga,Shopping Mall Japan to name a few.

No,i never sold the Dreamcazst stuff,i still have it as well as all other fullsets.
    I put it on Ebay,but it didn't get sold.I got offers,but far too cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't think anyone could complete it. Congratulations!

Too bad you are not into Sony stuff, otherwise a complete JP PS1 collection is what I would say crazy. I read somewhere that they are more than 3000 games!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    I didn't think anyone could complete it. Congratulations!

Too bad you are not into Sony stuff, otherwise a complete JP PS1 collection is what I would say crazy. I read somewhere that they are more than 3000 games!
    Thanks.
    But 23-24 fullsets are way more crazy than 1,and there are way more than 3000 games too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    I still have them all simultaneously,of course.
    It'd be too easy to get them 1 after 1,with the money you got by selling the previous one.
    The reason I asked was because of the DC collection you put on ebay, and I think I recall seeing you do the same with your CD set, but selling on the Neo forums. (I may be mistaken and maybe it was the NGPC set I am thinking of)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And think of the turd to good game ration on the PS1. (No thanks). I think the SFC is probably the best full set to have, if you're going for one. I'd rather have the games I like from various systems though.
    gamengai
    Best import site on the net.
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    And think of the turd to good game ration on the PS1. (No thanks). I think the SFC is probably the best full set to have, if you're going for one. I'd rather have the games I like from various systems though.
    That's for every console, I mean look at this thread earlier where I asked about the Japan NES games....Japanese complete Famicom, 1254 games, out of this you get maybe 200- 250 good games, maybe even less.
    Same with USA NES, out of the 1000 games, maybe 100 -150 good titles, the rest is crap.
    Here the complete SF collection, 1450 titles, out of that, 500 good games, approx. 1000 turds perhaps?

Adol, I think you should do a 'Digital Press Collectors Guide Japanese Edition', that'll be awesome.
    Last edited by tom; 04-04-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    The reason I asked was because of the DC collection you put on ebay, and I think I recall seeing you do the same with your CD set, but selling on the Neo forums. (I may be mistaken and maybe it was the NGPC set I am thinking of)
    I sold in 2001-2002 my Neo Geo AES fullset,yeah, on neo geo forums (precisely most of the fullset by Shawn's neo store).I sold my Game&Watch CIB fullset as well,because both represented too much money compared to their "attractiveness" (?) to me.
    I wanted to sell DC,but i'll keep it right now just for having the japanese Sega fullset.
    If i was going to sell them,i'd sell everything except:

Super Famicom
    Megadrive
    PC Engine (Hucard/CD/SCD)

They're themost important to me. SMS too,but i never planned to sell it,it'd be too low money anyway.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    That's for every console, I mean look at this thread earlier where I asked about the Japan NES games....Japanese complete Famicom, 1254 games, out of this you get maybe 200- 250 good games, maybe even less.
    Same with USA NES, out of the 1000 games, maybe 100 -150 good titles, the rest is crap.
    Here the complete SF collection, 1450 titles, out of that, 500 good games, approx. 1000 turds perhaps?

Adol, I think you should do a 'Digital Press Collectors Guide Japanese Edition', that'll be awesome.
    I'd say more like 700 very good,good,&average game,turd/ok is like 50%/50, because back at the time there was plnety of "ok" styles,even playing now: shoots,beat'them ups,puzzle,rpg,tactics rpg,action,platform,etc..

And what is turd to me (Go,fishing,shogi,wrestling games) isn't turd for somebody else!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

thats cool. I dont know what those squiggly marks mean But I think it is alot of money. I would do crazy shit like that too if I was rich.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    thats cool. I dont know what those squiggly marks mean But I think it is alot of money. I would do crazy shit like that too if I was rich.
    In french it means approximative. I want to say ok,but i'm not sure if that is the correct word so i say "ok" (ok style games), to englobe whatever sense you'd give to that word.

I'm not rich,i never was, and i did it though.
    No reason you couldn't.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GnawRadar View Post
    Is there anyway you could estimate how much you spent to achieve such a thing?
    Around 20-25000 Euros,making near $40k nowadays,but us$ is VERY LOW.
    I can't say precisely,because i got games for quite cheap last years, and i paid full price for other ones back in 1993.

But i'd say that if i had to sell it right now,it'd be for appprox. 25000€ (like 15€ by game)
    Some released games are up to 300€ (Rendering Ranger), some "hibaihin" like Far East of Eden Zero V Jump are worth 800$.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    wow, that's a lot of money... congratulations on finishing another collection.
    Less than $200 a month,since i collect it for 15 years (with a big break,i admit).
    But i began this collection with my twin brother,so that helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    You have a museum rather than a collection. Amazing.

Money can buy you anything; what's impressive to me is your diligence in your searching and your obviously extremely knowledgeable about your collection...

Congratulations.
    I never had the kind of monye you mayb thought.I collected 2/3 of it between age 13 and 19.
    Then,i decided to go for the last 1/3 within the last 3 years.
    'm winning average french wage level,maybe slightly more (1500-2000€/month)
    As told earlier, it is just 10% of my money i spent in it.And it is not BIG money.
    Anybody with a nice car owns more than this.
    But i spent hundreds of hours of searching.hunting for the best price all those games.
    I find it very hard to believe that you're doing all your collecting as cheaply as you claim. I own about 500 Genesis games. I paid about $50 for each of them, because I bought them all factory sealed, about 15 years ago. That's $25,000. With US tax, it's $27,500. And you're claiming that you've been collecting 1500 SFC games for the last 15 years, with an investment of only $30,000 or $40,000. That works out to only $20 or $25 per game. And I just can't believe that you paid that little in the last few years, much less way back in the day, when all these games were brand new releases. You live in France, and presumably you're importing all these games from Japan, or somewhere else in Asia. That means you're paying shipping & handling charges, and possibly customs charges as well. And if we assume that you only paid $1 in shipping charges per game, that's $1500 in shipping charges alone. So I smell a deception. There's no way you're getting all your games that cheaply, unless you have alot of insiders cutting you major sweetheart deals. Even if you're buying all your games in bulk, you still can't be getting them all that cheaply. And you're also telling us that you started collecting when you were only 13 years old. I know that France has a much lower minimum age for labor than we do here in the US, but they must pay a hell of alot better wages for menial jobs than they pay for them here in the US too. How could you possibly have as much money as it takes to accomplish all that you've accomplished? I was making $1200 to $1500 a month when I was doing the majority of my collecting, and it was taking everything I made to do it, and you're telling us that you were making the same amount of money, but it only took 10% of your earnings to do it. NO FUCKING WAY. You're either doing something dishonest, doing an awesome job of doing something honest, or you're just not estimating all your expenditures very well at all.

/end skepticism

CONGRATULATIONS! I am in awe. Indeed, you own a museum. And I hope that you intend to donate your collection to a museum, upon your demise. What you have done has gone way beyond collecting. You are archiving. So you are an archivist, not just a collector. And I really wish that I could own JP fullsets for MD & SFC like you do. Just those two alone would be heaven!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's for every console,
    The Playstation excels. In fact, go browsing Yahoo Japan for sets of 20-30 games. There's rarely one worth the bother b/c it's filled with outdated 3D fighters and really awful games. 32-bit was a special generation. 2D was at it's height, and 3D had just started so of course, ages poorly. There's some great games for the system, don't get me wrong, but it's like 8-10% of the overall library. My beloved Saturn is only slightly better. I'm not being bias.
    gamengai
    My for sale list

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't need it, not interested in american stuff.

You counted wrong.
    Lines of 20 games, 8 lines by "library", 9 libraries
    72 x 20 = 1440,and there's a few extra on the last one.
    Well, I believe they held a Japan-only version of the competition (Powerfest 94...dunno what they called it there). I would fathom they used the same carts. Or, if memory serves, they changed one game for their audience. Crap, I don't remember and info is spotty.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are there any unlicensed games in this collection? AFAIK, the only unlicensed game for the console is Super Noah's Ark 3D, which was released in America. Maybe there was a title or two in Japan as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd say more like 700 very good,good,&average game,turd/ok is like 50%/50, because back at the time there was plnety of "ok" styles,even playing now: shoots,beat'them ups,puzzle,rpg,tactics rpg,action,platform,etc..

And what is turd to me (Go,fishing,shogi,wrestling games) isn't turd for somebody else!
    Exactly, there are many excellent games on PS1 which many other people don't like. Me for one, anything with Football, Baseball, Wrestling, Basketball, sucks, but USAers go mad for these games. I love Go and Fishing games too, for example.
    Last edited by tom; 04-04-2008 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Playstation excels (with turd games).
    On comparison then, no, as there is a four times bigger library than Famicom or SF.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that you're doing all your collecting as cheaply as you claim. I own about 500 Genesis games. I paid about $50 for each of them, because I bought them all factory sealed, about 15 years ago. That's $25,000. With US tax, it's $27,500. And you're claiming that you've been collecting 1500 SFC games for the last 15 years, with an investment of only $30,000 or $40,000. That works out to only $20 or $25 per game. And I just can't believe that you paid that little in the last few years, much less way back in the day, when all these games were brand new releases. You live in France, and presumably you're importing all these games from Japan, or somewhere else in Asia. That means you're paying shipping & handling charges, and possibly customs charges as well. And if we assume that you only paid $1 in shipping charges per game, that's $1500 in shipping charges alone. So I smell a deception. There's no way you're getting all your games that cheaply, unless you have alot of insiders cutting you major sweetheart deals. Even if you're buying all your games in bulk, you still can't be getting them all that cheaply. And you're also telling us that you started collecting when you were only 13 years old. I know that France has a much lower minimum age for labor than we do here in the US, but they must pay a hell of alot better wages for menial jobs than they pay for them here in the US too. How could you possibly have as much money as it takes to accomplish all that you've accomplished? I was making $1200 to $1500 a month when I was doing the majority of my collecting, and it was taking everything I made to do it, and you're telling us that you were making the same amount of money, but it only took 10% of your earnings to do it. NO FUCKING WAY. You're either doing something dishonest, doing an awesome job of doing something honest, or you're just not estimating all your expenditures very well at all.

/end skepticism

CONGRATULATIONS! I am in awe. Indeed, you own a museum. And I hope that you intend to donate your collection to a museum, upon your demise. What you have done has gone way beyond collecting. You are archiving. So you are an archivist, not just a collector. And I really wish that I could own JP fullsets for MD & SFC like you do. Just those two alone would be heaven!

I never told i bought all of them at $50 each.
    I bought many for $2 each as well.

That's right,i began collecting at 13,but i never told i was PAYING for my games.
    My parents did.
    I began to earn my own money at 17.
    At that time i was winning more than $3000 a month,importing stuff and selling it on Ebay.
    It was a time when people bought stuff at crazy prices ($1500 for a video game audio CD,as an example), where you could sell the games you bought 10 times the price you paid it for. And i was still living at my parents,so no charges at all (i mean,rent,food,etc..)
    That's went i got most of my stuff.

About archiving:If a museum would buy me at the correct price everything i bought,why not. I mention $30-40k as a "price, if somebody would make an offer,that's it.
    I'd never donate it,no. I don't see why ppl would get for free what it took me 15 years of work&money. They have to pay the price,period.
    Last edited by Adol; 04-04-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On comparison then, no, as there is a four times bigger library than Famicom or SF.
    The ratio on the PS is worse.
    gamengai
    My for sale list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The ratio on the PS is worse.
    True, more better games than bad (when compared to SF or Famicom).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

True, more better games than bad (when compared to SF or Famicom).
    So we're allowed to just ignore what people write and make up new meanings? Great. I do think that global warming is an issue. Thanks for asking.
    gamengai
    My for sale list