Thread: Super Bomberman Party Pack Question

Insert Coin (Level 0) DragonBomber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Bomberman Party Pack Question

Howdy folks. I believe I have read about this somewhere but it's been a couple years so bear with me, and reply if you can clarify anything. From memory, I was under the impression that there were at least three box variations for the American release of Super Bomberman. The first box being the oversized Party Pack version shown here. I could never afford it when it was in stores, sadly. Inside that came the tap, manual, and game. I was under the impression a smaller second box was inside that, seen here in a blurry mess. Sorry for the quality, my scanner died and my camera is lame. The box has no markings on it except a small TM blurb in text indicating it was for the SNES, but no Nintendo or SNES logos, so basically a really awesome piece of artwork since the SNES borders are not on the front cover nor any data obstructing the back cover. Then there was the third box type, a normal release of it, shown with a GamePro sticker and other selling points advertised.

I had totally forgotten about this second unmarked box until I bought a box off eBay that had not been specific as to which one it was, Party Pack or Standard size. It is in amazing like new shape, so it got me wondering what other people here who have the Party Pack or the standard size had to say. What say you, good ladies and gentlemen? Someone told me or I read about this smaller box years ago but my memory is fuzzy about the details and would love confirmation. I love the box though and cannot wait to scan it in higher quality at work, or with a newly bought scanner.

I am thinking it is legit, but if it is a fake, wow, what a fake. I love it.
    Bomberman is a robot engaged in the production of bombs. Any robot that could escape the underground compound and make it to the surface could become human. Will he ever make it up to the surface? Once there, will he really become human?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice Avatar first of all.

I've seen the boxes from link #1 and #3 on store shelves. I cannot say the same for the box from link #2. It wouldn't suprise me at all if it was in fact part of the packaging from the oversized box. There's enough space in the party pak box for a tap as well as a box the same size as a standard SNES cardboard box.

I saved the oversized box I have from a Funcoland garbage can years ago because it was too big to put on display. While it sucked that the "guts" (either a cardboard placeholder or plastic tray) were not in the box when I aquired it, I was able to remedy that somewhat by finding a box like the one in link #3 to house my game in. It's a bit of Frankensteining on my part but it's nice to have the oversized box as well as a regular box + book for the game that helps to keep the tap (which is a Super Famicom tap btw) from jostling around.

Insert Coin (Level 0) DragonBomber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Nice Avatar first of all.

I've seen the boxes from link #1 and #3 on store shelves. I cannot say the same for the box from link #2. It wouldn't suprise me at all if it was in fact part of the packaging from the oversized box. There's enough space in the party pak box for a tap as well as a box the same size as a standard SNES cardboard box.

I saved the oversized box I have from a Funcoland garbage can years ago because it was too big to put on display. While it sucked that the "guts" (either a cardboard placeholder or plastic tray) were not in the box when I aquired it, I was able to remedy that somewhat by finding a box like the one in link #3 to house my game in. It's a bit of Frankensteining on my part but it's nice to have the oversized box as well as a regular box + book for the game that helps to keep the tap (which is a Super Famicom tap btw) from jostling around.
    Thank you for the reply. I also had the same idea about that box #2, and almost vaguely recall someone telling me this years ago. I'd like to say it could have been AlanD, but who knows... I am doing the same Frankensteining approach, getting the boxes, manual, cart separate. I only had the cart for 1 for ages and it feels good to finally have some packaging for it. The thing is, I almost want 2 of box #2, one for inside the party pack and one for outside since it looks amazing sitting a top a book shelf I'm using for DVD shelving. It's like a vinyl record sleeve and the big ass art space crying to be looked at.

Thanks on the avatar mention. You can see the comic strip page from the SFC Super Bomberman Strategy Guide it came from on some temp space of mine. I also use that panel in question in the bottom left for this WikiDot logo on a info site I've been sticking up lately. The url reflects, as well as the comic reflects the lingo used "caught on the can" or "caught in the can" which should be known to you by now in your bomberman career. I prefer being "caught in the can" only because it does not mentally delegate me to dwell upon the toilet for that whole short time. I only colored my version blue because it could be done.
    Bomberman is a robot engaged in the production of bombs. Any robot that could escape the underground compound and make it to the surface could become human. Will he ever make it up to the surface? Once there, will he really become human?