Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The complete Sega Saturn fullset, 1150 titles!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    well perhaps living in Europe helps, since so many European sellers seem to have lots of hard to find games that they kindly refuse to ship to the USA!
    They? Who are they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is superb and awe-inspiring! It is exciting to see such a well put together and exceptional collection. It is really amazing how many factory sealed games you have in there.

I am in the process of collecting all of the U.S. Sega stuff from SMS to Dreamcast. I only need one more game (Daytona Netlink) to have the collection complete. Put us together and we have almost the whole history of Sega.

The question is, where is our PAL counterpart?

My page: http://home.comcast.net/~nebrazca78/segaindex.html

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well,i have almost all japanese sega history,which was the most important to me as Sega is a japanese company.
    I do have Europeal PAL SMS fullset though,but only that.
    I'm pretty sure people have Dreamcast,Megadrive & Saturn fullsets, because very few games came out on those systems (well,more for MD of course), like USA, half if not quarter of what has been released in Japan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    Well,i have almost all japanese sega history,which was the most important to me as Sega is a japanese company.
    Sega is a U.S. company that moved to Japan. Also, Sega consoles were not doing well until after the Genesis took off, which was American only. I think both Japanese and U.S. sets are necessary, and of course the PAL games that were not released in Japan or the U.S.

I do have Europeal PAL SMS fullset though,but only that.
    I am working on this one too but very slowly.

I'm pretty sure people have Dreamcast,Megadrive & Saturn fullsets, because very few games came out on those systems (well,more for MD of course), like USA, half if not quarter of what has been released in Japan.
    There were nearly 1500 titles released in the U.S. for SMS through Dreamcast not counting Game Gear. How many were released in Japan?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=nebrazca78;1373019]That is superb and awe-inspiring! It is exciting to see such a well put together and exceptional collection. It is really amazing how many factory sealed games you have in there.

I am in the process of collecting all of the U.S. Sega stuff from SMS to Dreamcast. I only need one more game (Daytona Netlink) to have the collection complete. Put us together and we have almost the whole history of Sega.

I've already got that covered for Sega games in the US, including the Daytona Netlink...= P Actually, I need one BOX for Game Gear. I count Game GEar in the pile of Sega stuff.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=DreamTR;1373096]
    Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    That is superb and awe-inspiring! It is exciting to see such a well put together and exceptional collection. It is really amazing how many factory sealed games you have in there.

I've already got that covered for Sega games in the US, including the Daytona Netlink...= P Actually, I need one BOX for Game Gear. I count Game GEar in the pile of Sega stuff.
    And you have to.
    SMS,Genesis,Game Gear,32X,SegaCD,Saturn,Dreamcast,right?
    But there 's like 5 times less Saturn titles than in japan?

I think that just with japanese saturn&dreamcast (1800 titles) there is more games than on ALL Sega systems released in US,am i right?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of many :

Wow!
    Nice Adol!

Any European collector sites you frequent ?
    I only know this place, so I should get myself a network going

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Adol: in Japan for most systems, there are always more Japanese fullsets it seems. I personally don't like Japanese game fullsets for collecting myself. Since I don't read Japanese, really not much of a point on my end. I have a decent amount of import games, but I have and always will most be a US collector, but yes, to answer your question, all those have to count. Now if I can just find that stupid True Lies box.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Adol: in Japan for most systems, there are always more Japanese fullsets it seems. I personally don't like Japanese game fullsets for collecting myself. Since I don't read Japanese, really not much of a point on my end. I have a decent amount of import games, but I have and always will most be a US collector, but yes, to answer your question, all those have to count. Now if I can just find that stupid True Lies box.
    I perfectly understand your point..I didn't read japanese until 12,when i decided i was missing too many good games (PC Engine RPGs at first such as Far East of Eden 2)
    And i found japanese covers/artworks SOOOO much better.
    But that's a 12 year old boy heart who was speaking..

Good luck in your hunts.
    PS:You're looking for True lies box on?Genesis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

DreamTR is looking for True Lies Box on the Game Gear. I too, am going for a US set of Sega, and already have SMS, Genesis, SCD, 32X done. I am about 60 from Dreamcast, and 20 from Game gear. I will probably never finish my Saturn Set, but I have about 150 for that. I collect primarly in person, and in the wild, so I feel lucky finding all that I have. I only use evilbay and the internet when I have to.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazing collection...I hope to do the same for some system (that isnt something like virtual boy) in the future when I am getting a nice steady income and can afford to spend so much on games.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleFreek's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is crazy, I love it.

It funny when people ask "do you play them all", I only have around 150 N64 games and about 120 xbox games and I get that question all the time.
    At the starat I would just buy the games I like but after having kids I buy a lot more games just for the sake of trying to collect a full set becouse I know my kids will play just about every game I get.

Nice collection you got there mate.
    I used to play video games, but then They started putting voices in the games which told me to do bad things.

Now I just skip the video games and do the bad things.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You gonna put them online into your DP Room of Doom? Mind you, I have noticed that Room of Doom deosn't work at the moment.
    Last edited by tom; 05-24-2008 at 05:28 AM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    You gonna put them online into your DP Room of Doom? Mind you, I have noticed that Room of Doom deosn't work at the moment.
    I tried for the last week,and warned Joe about it
    We can't log into albums now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Do you collect factory sealed games? Just wondering.

I don't count Game Gear for myself because it isn't a console. I suppose if anyone is really going to claim to have all U.S. Sega stuff, you'd need Game Gear of course, Pico and probably more stuff some of us don't really want. If there was an adapter that allowed you to play Game Gear games on SMS or Genesis I would start trying to complete the set.

I think that just with japanese saturn&dreamcast (1800 titles) there is more games than on ALL Sega systems released in US,am i right?
    How many Japanese Saturn games are there not including variants? Satakore says there are 1263 entries but that includes almost all types of variants from what I can see.

I thought there were about 600 individual titles released in Japan for Saturn. That does seem a little low though.
    Last edited by nebrazca78; 05-25-2008 at 02:26 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=nebrazca78;1374886]Do you collect factory sealed games? Just wondering.

I don't count Game Gear for myself because it isn't a console. I suppose if anyone is really going to claim to have all U.S. Sega stuff, you'd need Game Gear of course, Pico and probably more stuff some of us don't really want. If there was an adapter that allowed you to play Game Gear games on SMS or Genesis I would start trying to complete the set.

I don't collect Factory Sealed games because I am more of a librarian when it comes to collecting the games, so I need to be able to thumb through them.

There is an adapter to use Master System games on Game Gear, and there is a development tool that lets you use them on TV, or you can mod your Game Gear to play on your TV, and to top that off, Nintendo is putting Game Gear games on the Virtual CONSOLE. I know it's a handheld, but that logic is incorrect. Game Gear, Game Boy, those count to a big extent for a lot of collectors.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    How many Japanese Saturn games are there not including variants? Satakore says there are 1263 entries but that includes almost all types of variants from what I can see.

I thought there were about 600 individual titles released in Japan for Saturn. That does seem a little low though.
    There is approx. 1150 different titles.The 113 other ones are normal/DX variants, or Satakore reprints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow that is simply an astonishing feat! You should give tours and charge admission.

Be sure to update this thread when you beat them all heh

Do you ever just feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of gameage that you've acquired?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is approx. 1150 different titles.The 113 other ones are normal/DX variants, or Satakore reprints.
    I guess I have along way to go then, I only have 250 Japanese Saturn titles and maybe 30 Japanese DC games.