Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The complete Sega Saturn fullset, 1150 titles!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    Wow that is simply an astonishing feat! You should give tours and charge admission.

Be sure to update this thread when you beat them all heh

Do you ever just feel overwhelmed by the sheer volume of gameage that you've acquired?
    Sometiles,but i really need to take year to play all this!
    I played a lot during 1987/97,but i need to play again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I wish Bill gates was a game collector.

The thread could be like "I have every game ever!"
    And then we could be like "omg how many thrifts did you hit?" and he could be all "I threw money at a hobby and got it all!" And then I would find a game gear in a shoe box with 4 games for 5 bux and derive more pleasure from it than he did from his online purchases.

Sorry I rambled there. Cool games.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

asdfg(EDIT)
    Last edited by Kamino; 05-27-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    I wish Bill gates was a game collector.

The thread could be like "I have every game ever!"
    And then we could be like "omg how many thrifts did you hit?" and he could be all "I threw money at a hobby and got it all!" And then I would find a game gear in a shoe box with 4 games for 5 bux and derive more pleasure from it than he did from his online purchases.

Sorry I rambled there. Cool games.
    I wish i was bill Gates.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Adol View Post
    Unfortunately,this soon will be the end of it
    I have to make "new pics" of my PC Engine Hucard/CD/SCD/ACD fullset,with all spine cards since my pics are 3 years old and were missing like 75 spine cards.

I do have to take pics of my Sega Master System fullset, and Famicom Disk System fullset.
    After that...i don't have anymore fullsets
    Maybe Famicom one day,since i own FDS/SFC/N64/DD64 fullset..?
    Maybe Gamecube (Only 300 games in Japan)
    But i guess that will be it for Fullsets.I'm up to 24-25,i think i've been more far than anyone else, and i'm happy with it.
    I've lurked for quite some time, and registered just for the sake of commenting here because this kind of collecting and Adol have been on my mind.

Adol, what have you accomplished in life besides amassing large quantities of video games? Seriously. If your house burned down, and all your games went with it, what would you have to show for it? Are you physically fit? Do you excel in any kinds of physical activities? Do you have a significant other? Have you strived for higher education? Do you excel at any kind of mental challenges? Do you have actual creative outlets where YOU have produced works that others have enjoyed? Have you done anything worthwhile of significance for people outside of your family and social group? Showing pictures of rooms full of games on a forum or creating lists of personal possessions does not count.

If a person dedicated their life to simply completing sets of video games, and sacrificed the development of other areas of their life, pretty much anyone could make it happen. In my opinion, the $2000 a month you live off of is pretty paltry for being 28 and indicates you're either still going to college or stuck in a low level job. All those days spent scouring the internet and stores, all those hours organizing a bunch of crap on shelves, and muddling over an imperfection on the box of a game, thinking, "Oh no! Now I have to find a replacement for this one!" When you look back on your life, are your happiest memories going to be the acquisition of a bunch of games over the course of ten years of it, or will there be lots of memories of friends, loved ones, accomplishments that genuinely challenged you on intellectual and physical levels and things more fulfilling than just hoarding a bunch of crap?

You are not what you own. Shopping is not creating. People may be impressed by all the stuff you've filled your house with, but that doesn't make you, as a person, special. It just makes what you have special. People would appreciate the collection the same no matter who owned it, and I respect any artist whose work I enjoy a lot more than someone who managed to just buy all of the games for a system.

Go ahead. Make assumptions about the kind of person I am based on these assumptions I'm making about you. But after reading thread after thread where you seem to believe that owning sets of games makes you a better person and somehow superior to others, I have a lot more to go on than you do.

I may be completely wrong about the kind of person you are. You might be a complete renaissance man successful in every area of his life. Even if you are, I'll find it really interesting to find out.
    Last edited by StaticSky; 06-20-2008 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default truly awesome

Great collection you've got there. So, when are you inviting everyone over for a Saturn party?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StaticSky View Post
    I've lurked for quite some time, and registered just for the sake of commenting here because this kind of collecting and Adol have been on my mind.

Adol, what have you accomplished in life besides amassing large quantities of video games? Seriously. If your house burned down, and all your games went with it, what would you have to show for it? Are you physically fit?Do you excel in any kinds of physical activities?
    Actually, StaticSky, i am.
    I'm an international level athlete, specialized in Long Jump.
    I jumped 7m62, if you really want to know, and was in European Championships of that track&field discipline.
    I can even forward you URL of the article of an international match i made back in 1999 in New york,in the New York Times (it seems quite a known newspaper in your country,am i right?).
    Then,yes,i think i meet your "standards".
    Have you performed such thing yourself, before talking about somebody you don't have a clue about?

If a person dedicated their life to simply completing sets of video games, and sacrificed the development of other areas of their life, pretty much anyone could make it happen. In my opinion, the $2000 a month you live off of is pretty paltry for being 28 and indicates you're either still going to college or stuck in a low level job.
    Actually it is more like 2000 Euros than us$ (which makes $3100),because us$ is very low.
    You're right,i'm still a college student, and i'm trying to be a lawyer, and earn way more than that.
    I'm "stuck" at 28 as a student (even if i graduated high school at 16), because of the track&field carrier. I never won $0.01 in my sport,because there is pratically none to win unless you're in world top 10,but i didn't train harde for money,i did it for my own pleasure.
    Although that was nice to win national titles.
    When you have training sessions 2 times a day, even on Sundays, you haven't time to study & graduate easily,like a normal student would do. And make money to live.

All those days spent scouring the internet and stores, all those hours organizing a bunch of crap on shelves, and muddling over an imperfection on the box of a game, thinking, "Oh no! Now I have to find a replacement for this one!" When you look back on your life, are your happiest memories going to be the acquisition of a bunch of games over the course of ten years of it, or will there be lots of memories of friends, loved ones, accomplishments that genuinely challenged you on intellectual and physical levels and things more fulfilling than just hoarding a bunch of crap?

I have great memories of PLAYING my games,yes.
    Collecting them as well,but playing them mostly. This is a video game board here,right?
    I have tons of great memories with my friends,families,lovers, sport competitions...but is it the place to talk about this?
    The bunch of crap here, just seems to be your post.

I may be completely wrong about the kind of person you are. You might be a complete renaissance man successful in every area of his life. Even if you are, I'll find it really interesting to find out?
    You're right,you're completely wrong.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Adol, don't even reply to Static. It's his first post and he's obviously a troll who will be banned soon if he keeps up his shitty and condescending attitude. Fuck him.

Anyway, Adol is the greatest, most dedicated game collector ever, imo. He truly is an inspiration for collectors everywhere. If you aren't proud for him of his accomplishments, gtfo of this forum forever, because that's why we are all here.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick View Post
    Adol, don't even reply to Static. It's his first post and he's obviously a troll who will be banned soon if he keeps up his shitty and condescending attitude. Fuck him.

Anyway, Adol is the greatest, most dedicated game collector ever, imo. He truly is an inspiration for collectors everywhere. If you aren't proud for him of his accomplishments, gtfo of this forum forever, because that's why we are all here.

-Rob
    Thank you!
    I never thought talking about my private life or sports life in such forum anyway,since it's a collectors forum, nothing else..?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you physically fit? Do you excel in any kinds of physical activities? Do you have a significant other? Have you strived for higher education? Do you excel at any kind of mental challenges?

Of all the people here you could have chosen to ask this of, you chose Adol ... in your face, loser!!!

Adol is a motivated achiever. In many fields. One of which happens to be his hobby of collecting video games.

Whereas you are someone who lurks on an internet message board for months without contributing, and when you finally do it's to spout some ill-judged and misplaced nonsense peppered with a few platitudes you obtained from watching Fight Club too many times.

Well here's another second-hand platitude for you, that you might want to chew on for a while: Judge not lest ye be judged.

Oh, and welcome to Digital Press. If you think that collecting video games is a waste of time, then what does that say about someone who spends their time reading posts on an internet forum devoted to a topic that they think is a waste of time?
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78 View Post
    The question is, where is our PAL counterpart?
    I was at about 70% of the complete European Sega library before calling it quits.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Congrats!
    Please tell me you can read and understand Japanese....

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can read and understand japanese.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Up!

I changed the pictures of my Saturn album,because i managed to find around 100 spine cards those last months.

Still need around 10 spine cards,and i'll get the whols japanese fullset including spine cards!

I added too a sub-album for factory sealed games,putting about 60 of my best factory sealed titles (i have more than 200)

Enjoy!

http://www.videogamecollectors.com/g...2_itemId=51402
    Last edited by Adol; 05-03-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahh, what a collection! If I'm ever going to jail it's because I stole your collection!

Nah, for real, though. It takes alot of dedication and effort to get a collection like you do, I doubt many people in the world can show pictures of video games collections like that. Thanks for sharing, it's really interesting to see all the games you have, and it's very motivating for every collector out there who haven't reached the same level as you have yet. I specially like the fact that you care so much about the spine cards. "I only need 10 more spine cards now". I love it! You're like the Zinedine Zidane of game collections. And by the way, go Girondins Bordeaux!
    Last edited by Nico87; 05-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Ahh, what a collection! If I'm ever going to jail it's because I stole your collection!

Nah, for real, though. It takes alot of dedication and effort to get a collection like you do, I doubt many people in the world can show pictures of video games collections like that. Thanks for sharing, it's really interesting to see all the games you have, and it's very motivating for every collector out there who haven't reached the same level as you have yet. I specially like the fact that you care so much about the spine cards. "I only need 10 more spine cards now". I love it! You're like the Zinedine Zidane of game collections. And by the way, go Girondins Bordeaux!
    I hope Bordeaux will beat Marseille as well
    Well,i tried to get all spinecards too because it's quite a challenge..
    But i have many other challenges as well

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mr. Saturn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi

awesome, but do you or anyone else know how many copies were made of those "Genteiban" Limited Editions like Advanced V.G., Angelique Special, Langrisser IV, etc...?

The fundemental idea of a Limited Edition is to be limited to "x" copies worldwide, but i didnīt find anything about the number of units for all those games...

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome collection! I bow to your Saturn greatness! I hope to achieve this feet someday, but I still have a long way to go with my Japanese Saturn collection. Congrats on completing it!

Can I ask what your main source was for getting your games was? IE - ebay or some other?
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mostly Yahoo Japan Auction.