Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-Arcade Tankstick - Thoughts? FEED MY FRENZY!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    It's not programmable on normal Xbox games. If your Xbox is modded though, you can configure it in most emulators. Even the FBA-XXX emulator has a auto config option for X-Arcade sticks.
    I thought they were programmable on consoles...then again, I suppose considering that you need the attached keyboard to program them that makes sense.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I thought they were programmable on consoles...then again, I suppose considering that you need the attached keyboard to program them that makes sense.
    Maybe you can then. I know they have that Xbox adapter available for it but I didn't think it let you could re-configure the stick like you could a regular Xbox controller. I've only got the X-Arcade trackball controller, so I'm not 100% positive on how the tank stick works.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

According to the Tankstick manual you can not re-configure the stick for console use. While I haven't tried it, I don't see how you would do it even if the manual was wrong.

Because the manual is pretty explicit about having the switch in position 1 when you're using it on a console, I'm guessing it needs the standard output from the stick as input for the console adapters. In other words, if you were going to change it, you'd have to do it at the adapter, not the stick. Since it works like a keyboard, the adapters are probably looking for the specific keys presses that are in the stock position. You'd have to program the adapter so it gave different output when those keystrokes are registered and I'm going to guess that would make the adapters more expensive and complicated.

Besides, most games I've used it for allow you to reconfigure the controls anyway, so you can just do it as software level rather than hardware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Fedex is saying delivery is scheduled for today - w00t!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

So ... did FedEx deliver on schedule?

Are you enjoying yourself some X-Arcade goodness??

I suppose it's safe these days to show where mine (still) resides...

"And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

That's a sweet cab - and a good idea for the stick.

No, Fedex screwed me over. I was sitting at work waiting and staring at the parking lot until about 4:15, then had to leave. Still 4 people in the office... I get home, around 5:40 I see the status on the website changed.

Aug 8, 2008 3:47 PM

Delivery exception

VICTORIA, BC

Customer not available or business closed

So somehow the guy couldn't find our office or something or claimed we were closed. I call Fedex and they give me the address of the depot - literally 2 minutes away from my house. I jump in the car, zoom down and the FUCKING DOOR IS LOCKED at 5:45pm.

Three other people in the parking lot, all in the same boat. I call Fedex, complain the depot closed early (the parking lot was EMPTY - they were all long gone) and go home pissed off.

Apparently they'll try again Monday. Fuckers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    That's a sweet cab - and a good idea for the stick.

No, Fedex screwed me over. I was sitting at work waiting and staring at the parking lot until about 4:15, then had to leave. Still 4 people in the office... I get home, around 5:40 I see the status on the website changed.

Aug 8, 2008 3:47 PM

Delivery exception

VICTORIA, BC

Customer not available or business closed

So somehow the guy couldn't find our office or something or claimed we were closed. I call Fedex and they give me the address of the depot - literally 2 minutes away from my house. I jump in the car, zoom down and the FUCKING DOOR IS LOCKED at 5:45pm.

Three other people in the parking lot, all in the same boat. I call Fedex, complain the depot closed early (the parking lot was EMPTY - they were all long gone) and go home pissed off.

Apparently they'll try again Monday. Fuckers!
    Yeah. While I'm generally handy with analog tools, I didn't trust myself wiring up an iPac and Happ controls on my first MAME project ... and the X-Arcade fit the bill nicely for a pre-fab unit.

I went through a few revisions of how to get it bolted down without drilling the X-Arcade itself ... the foam lined brackets that hold it in used to be much more obtrusive, now they all hug the controller from the interior of the cabinet and are barely noticeable.

Also that totally sucks about Fed-Ex. I've had similar issues with DHL ... I've had them "fake" ringing my doorbell and leave a "we missed you" note while I was IN my fucking apartment waiting for them ... I popped out to check my mailbox and I actually saw the truck driving away while I called the depot and MADE them call the driver and turn around.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-09-2008 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

It showed, and it's glorious. I played around with it for a little bit at work but boxed it all back up in an effort to be productive. It's kinda unmotivating for staff to have the boss sitting in his office playing Marble Madness screaming at a marble all day

I'll be hooking it up to the xbox tonight!