Thread: Don't buy from nintendoplayerschoice on ebay!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't buy from nintendoplayerschoice on ebay!!

A while ago I purchased a gamebit to clean some games with. When it arrived, it would not open the games. It was poorly manufactured, and would not grip at all. I emailed the seller, and he said I could ship it back for an exchange. I shipped it back, and he received it and said he would ship me a new one. It never arrived. I emailed him telling him that, and he said "item lost fully refunding" or something along those lines, which leads me to believe he didn't bother mailing it back because it wasn't worth the extra dollar.
    So now I've decided that I need a new gamebit, so I tried to buy from him and this is what it says.
    Transaction Blocked
    # Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.

So naturally I'm pretty angry.
    Is there any way to change my feedback for this guy? Anyone else have any bad experiences with nintendoplayerschoice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyTheChump View Post
    A while ago I purchased a gamebit to clean some games with. When it arrived, it would not open the games. It was poorly manufactured, and would not grip at all.
    That's how most of them are, just because it's designed to remove the screws doesn't mean it'll easily fit into the holes on an NES cartridge. You usually have to thin down the cylinder a little with a bench grinder or Dremel.

So now I've decided that I need a new gamebit, so I tried to buy from him and this is what it says.
    Transaction Blocked
    # Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.

So naturally I'm pretty angry.
    I would have blocked you after the first transaction as well. If you don't know what you're buying you shouldn't buy it. If he sent you another one it would have the same problem. You have to adapt cheap tools used for stuff like this - that's just the way it is. Go down to Harbor Freight and buy a set of security bits, promise you you'll have to modify those too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    That's how most of them are, just because it's designed to remove the screws doesn't mean it'll easily fit into the holes on an NES cartridge. You usually have to thin down the cylinder a little with a bench grinder or Dremel.

I would have blocked you after the first transaction as well. If you don't know what you're buying you shouldn't buy it. If he sent you another one it would have the same problem. You have to adapt cheap tools used for stuff like this - that's just the way it is. Go down to Harbor Freight and buy a set of security bits, promise you you'll have to modify those too.

You missed my point.
    It fit into the holes, but it was loose. It spun around the screw. Now I'm not an expert handyman, but I don't know how the hell you thin it down to make it grip the screw when it's obviously a defect.
    And I knew what I was buying. A 3.8mm gamebit to remove screws from carts. I don't think it's even possible to grind it down to make it grip tighter.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I purchased the same type of bit and never had to grid it down. It was snug, but easily worked without gridding it down.

I think you are being a little unfair David. If the bit needs to be modified to use it correctly, the auction should say so. There are bits that work, so it isn't a buyers mistake. If you advertise a bit that opens up a cart, it should work without you having to grid it down.

Edit:
    Looks like David and I aren't even talking about the problem the OP is having. Anyways, both situations suck.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my two gamebits from MCM Electronics years ago, and they worked great. They've got a minimum order amount, but if you order a couple extra bits and a couple NES 72-pin connectors, you'll have enough tools and supplies to last you a long time as well as cover the minimum amount.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vinnysdad
    PSN
    Vinnysdad

If I bought a tool and then found out I had to fix the tool just to get it to work correctly then I would be pissed and want a refund or exchange too.

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you realize what you're saying? Suppose you buy a new car, should you expect to run some sort of maintenance on it because it doesn't run? Quit being an "under-appreciated" gaming elitist for once. Jesus. Why would anyone ever want to do business with you. You're the type of guy who if they had their own store would reject selling merchandise to a buyer.

I sympathize with the original poster. Thanks for the heads up
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson

Cherry (Level 1) -_-Nintendo-_-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So let me get this straight, you bought something from this guy, it was faulty, not what you expected etc, but in the end you were not happy with the product.

So what do you do? You try to buy something off him AGAIN?

Why??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnysdad View Post
    If I bought a tool and then found out I had to fix the tool just to get it to work correctly then I would be pissed and want a refund or exchange too.
    If one bought a no-name, cheaply manufactured, single use tool from eBay then one should expect it to have some quirks. Hell, used to happen at Lowe's all the time, "why did this $3.00 hacksaw break?" - because you should have listened and bought the $12.00 one and you wouldn't be back in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by williewonka2k1 View Post
    Do you realize what you're saying? Suppose you buy a new car, should you expect to run some sort of maintenance on it because it doesn't run? Quit being an "under-appreciated" gaming elitist for once. Jesus. Why would anyone ever want to do business with you. You're the type of guy who if they had their own store would reject selling merchandise to a buyer.
    And here I always thought I was an over-appreciated gaming stooge. If I was buying a car for $25 made in Kazakhstan that I was going to use to commute everyday then yeah, I'd expect some hangups.

Quote Originally Posted by -_-Nintendo-_- View Post
    So let me get this straight, you bought something from this guy, it was faulty, not what you expected etc, but in the end you were not happy with the product.

So what do you do? You try to buy something off him AGAIN?

Why??
    Ding ding ding, you can see why saying "OMG, the seller blocked me" shouldn't be surprising in the least. All private parties reserve the right to refuse business. Why would the seller want to possibly go through another batch of headaches? "Don't buy from them" because they'd like to simply get on with their business, I just don't understand that. Alright you bought something that didn't work, you were unsatisfied, you slammed the seller here (there is another thread about this same thing really, that's where the talk about the bits is), and then you got offended when they didn't want to do business with you again? Can you really blame them?

I've sold modded consoles to people that have DESTROYED them and then told me they came like that or that something was wrong and then they got damaged when being shipped back - people that had done plenty of business with me before without a single problem. And there was no way a shipping bump could have caused the damage, it was from misuse. You think I continued to do business with them after that? Once bitten, twice shy indeed. I can understand that you're miffed but you should also understand why the seller is now refusing service.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 08-04-2008 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You missed my point.
    It fit into the holes, but it was loose. It spun around the screw. Now I'm not an expert handyman, but I don't know how the hell you thin it down to make it grip the screw when it's obviously a defect.
    And I knew what I was buying. A 3.8mm gamebit to remove screws from carts. I don't think it's even possible to grind it down to make it grip tighter.
    David likes to say stuff like that. Don't let it get to you.

As for the seller... Welcome to ebay, land of angels and assholes!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dealextreme.com $1.50
    ~TisLord~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If one bought a no-name, cheaply manufactured, single use tool from eBay then one should expect it to have some quirks. Hell, used to happen at Lowe's all the time, "why did this $3.00 hacksaw break?" - because you should have listened and bought the $12.00 one and you wouldn't be back in the store.

And here I always thought I was an over-appreciated gaming stooge. If I was buying a car for $25 made in Kazakhstan that I was going to use to commute everyday then yeah, I'd expect some hangups.

Ding ding ding, you can see why saying "OMG, the seller blocked me" shouldn't be surprising in the least. All private parties reserve the right to refuse business. Why would the seller want to possibly go through another batch of headaches? "Don't buy from them" because they'd like to simply get on with their business, I just don't understand that. Alright you bought something that didn't work, you were unsatisfied, you slammed the seller here (there is another thread about this same thing really, that's where the talk about the bits is), and then you got offended when they didn't want to do business with you again? Can you really blame them?

I've sold modded consoles to people that have DESTROYED them and then told me they came like that or that something was wrong and then they got damaged when being shipped back - people that had done plenty of business with me before without a single problem. And there was no way a shipping bump could have caused the damage, it was from misuse. You think I continued to do business with them after that? Once bitten, twice shy indeed. I can understand that you're miffed but you should also understand why the seller is now refusing service.
    I live in Canada, and the shipping on most gamebits is a highway robbery, so I decided to buy from him again. Sure, not every part is perfect, that's expected, but to then block the buyer is quite foolish I believe.

Your hacksaw analogy is irrelevent, because this CAME broken, I didn't even get to use it. Cheaper products are usually poorer quality, but typically they work.

And the headaches bit - how does he know that I will cause him a headache? It's not like I ordered the wrong gamebit, and then wanted an exchange, he sold me a defective product. That can happen to anyone.

I don't know how this is similar to your modded console part, either. I can't think of any way I could damage the bit in such a fashion, or why I would misuse it. It's for opening carts, that's what I want to do with it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So when buying something inexpensive, you should expect for it not to work at all? That makes sense. What is the cost point for buying something and expecting it to work?

I can understand it being snug(like the bit I bought), but having to machine it is going way too far. I paid $15 total for my set. It came with all the bits to open every cart/system out there along with a universal screwdriver and case.

Shouldnt the seller state it needs to be modified to work? Better yet, just sell what you advertise.
    Last edited by MachineGex; 08-04-2008 at 10:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

If your going to dremel the bit anyways, then your probally better off doing what I did and making your own out of old screwdrivers. It's cheaper, plus you get to have fun with a dremel making metal sparks fly.

As far as blocking potential buyers, right or wrong, it'll probally happen a lot more now since it's really the only protection that sellers have anymore.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Cherry (Level 1) williewonka2k1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's called business ethics. You're not supposed to be a jerk off selling some jerk off product. It's supposed to be communal. Kind of like the basis of these message boards.
    -"Are you talking out of turn?"
    "No, I believe we are all talking together."
    -"I normally don't do interviews with women unless i fornicate with them................(long pause)......................so you shouldn't talk anymore..........unless you wanna....you know..."
    -Mike Tyson

"I may like fornicating more than other people, it's just who I am. I sacrifice most of my life, can I at least get laid? You know what I mean? I been robbed most of my money, can I atleast get a blow job?"
    -Mike Tyson