Thread: RetroDuo video question.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default RetroDuo video question.

Okay, so I have a RetroDuo and SNES games look and sound perfectly on it, but NES games look all washed out. I'm not sure whether the problem is the LCD TV I'm using it on or just the fact that it is a NOAC.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry that I can't help you out much, what do you mean by "washed out"? On mine, I've noticed that NES games are less bright, but that might have something to do with my TV (some of the virtual console titles appear darker than usual on my TV like the two legend of zelda games). All in all, I find the NES video quality to be adequate.

Since it sounds like your audio is working correctly (or at least as good as it will get), what is your setup? Are you just plugging the A/V RCA cables into your RetroDuo and then your TV/DVD? That's what I tried first and was unimpressed with the the NES audio quality, so after getting some advice from this forum, I bought a RCA Y-cable splitter to try and recombine the RetroDuo audio channels into one mono signal, but I didn't notice any improvement.

Later, I'd like to start a thread for this problem with a list of the games I think are sounding really strange.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TectonicMan View Post
    I'm sorry that I can't help you out much, what do you mean by "washed out"? On mine, I've noticed that NES games are less bright, but that might have something to do with my TV (some of the virtual console titles appear darker than usual on my TV like the two legend of zelda games). All in all, I find the NES video quality to be adequate.

Since it sounds like your audio is working correctly (or at least as good as it will get), what is your setup? Are you just plugging the A/V RCA cables into your RetroDuo and then your TV/DVD? That's what I tried first and was unimpressed with the the NES audio quality, so after getting some advice from this forum, I bought a RCA Y-cable splitter to try and recombine the RetroDuo audio channels into one mono signal, but I didn't notice any improvement.

Later, I'd like to start a thread for this problem with a list of the games I think are sounding really strange.
    By that I mean it is less colorful, and games that are already less colorful like Tiny Toon Adventures are basically unplayable.

I plug the RCA cables into an AV selector and plug that into the TV.

Also let the records show that Tiny Toon Adventures is the ONLY game I have where the audio is messed up.