Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NES Converter

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Converter

Guys, does anyone know of a site where I can buy a 60-72 pin NES converter?

ReviveDC Team Member Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    atreyus dream
    PSN
    atreyu187_

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a gyromite with a fami converter in it, looking for $15 shipped if you are interested. Not sure of any sites that sell them though I'm sure you could find one on EBay if you look long enough.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm also looking for one of these converters. I just ordered a AV Famicom (after getting an NES 2 and noticing it had no AV outs) and the store didn't have any 72->60 pin adapters. I can not seem to find any place that sells them that actually has any in stock. So any help would be greatly appreciated to point me in the right direction.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Not sure how common it is to do so, but I got a NES-to-FC convertor with a cheap Famiclone.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Not sure how common it is to do so, but I got a NES-to-FC convertor with a cheap Famiclone.
    Good call, I found a few Famiclones on eBay that come with it for $40 shipped. The ones with the plastic casing even.

So if I can't find a good one otherwise, I'll go this route.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My company previously made these after a bad mix-up at the factory imported us 500 famiclones with 60 pin connetors. Heck, check if that cheap famiclone is made by Hyperkin might be one of mine.

I've got a box of twenty convertors sitting by my desk. Is there any market for this stuff? I'd imagine that something like this is impossible to find if you needed it but otherwise completely worthless.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tofu View Post
    My company previously made these after a bad mix-up at the factory imported us 500 famiclones with 60 pin connetors. Heck, check if that cheap famiclone is made by Hyperkin might be one of mine.

I've got a box of twenty convertors sitting by my desk. Is there any market for this stuff? I'd imagine that something like this is impossible to find if you needed it but otherwise completely worthless.
    I saw one Hyperkin NES clone on eBay, but it appeared to take the regular NES carts. The one I found was a black Yobo, with it's adapter in a gray plastic casing.

Any interest in letting me buy one of your converters? If so PM me.

I do see a market for those importing the superior AV Famicom, I wasn't happy with the NES 2 video quality over RF, plus the lines. So I opted to get one of these instead.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking for a converter that allows my NES game to be plugged into Famicon

Tofu, I think I am looking for what you have sitting on your desk but you will need to let me know if we are talking about the same thing. I am looking for an adapter that will allow me to plug my US NES game into it and then the other side is a 60 pin famicom plug. It would look something like the attached pic, basically 70pin receiver 60 pin output. Let me know or if anyone knows where I can get it without ordering overseas it would be super helpful thanks in advance guys!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeamoon View Post
    Tofu, I think I am looking for what you have sitting on your desk but you will need to let me know if we are talking about the same thing. I am looking for an adapter that will allow me to plug my US NES game into it and then the other side is a 60 pin famicom plug. It would look something like the attached pic, basically 70pin receiver 60 pin output. Let me know or if anyone knows where I can get it without ordering overseas it would be super helpful thanks in advance guys!
    mikeamoon, yes that too is what I'm looking for. Some come in plastic cases so the board is not exposed, and I can't find them in the US anywhere. Overseas is also very hard, the only places that have them is a few obscure HK websites with no way to easily sell to a US buyer, and also don't feel trust worthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be putting up a picture soon.

It'd also be nice if you told me about the AV Famicom, why is it superior? If a company made a clone with 100% compatibility, high quality S-Video and bundled with a Famicom adapter, would that replace the need for importing your own system?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this it?

Attachment 2116

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, and that appears to be a pretty well built converter too. It would be perfect if you had a Famicom and wanted to play NES games on it.

What ideally would be best in a NES clone is one slot for NES games and one slot for Famicom games, like the Generation NEX.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be putting up a picture soon.

It'd also be nice if you told me about the AV Famicom, why is it superior? If a company made a clone with 100% compatibility, high quality S-Video and bundled with a Famicom adapter, would that replace the need for importing your own system?
    I went with the AV Famicom for these reasons:
    - Uses the standard AV Output cord used on the SNES/N64/GameCube. This makes it super simple to switch cables with one plug. I bought a NES 2 and it had RF only. The AV Famicom will only output Composite Video and not S-Video or Component.
    - Uses US NES controller ports.
    - Compatible with the Famicom Disk System, a few games that I'll import for this system as they are better than US counterparts. Better sound in most cases since the Famicom could do better music than the US NES, and FDS games have save slots instead of passwords.
    - Looks just like the NES 2, but none of it's flaws. I have come to see that this may be the best model NES/Famicom made by Nintendo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV_Fami...amily_Computer

Famiclones in my experience so far don't sound "right" from what I've read and the one I've seen (Yobo FC Twin sold at a local store) didn't convince me otherwise. I haven't seen any more yet, but I'm sure advancements are made with that and compatibility. I'd also love to see component video output for even better video quality, that'd make me take notice. I'll probably always watch the clones, and see how they improve. I will say, seeing an employee of a clone maker like yourself here in the forum working to make their product better is a GREAT sign in my book. Keep it up.

As for the topic of the adapter, that looks like one of the best ones I've seen. I found it on this company's site, but they are hard to order from. How much you want for one? They sell it for $13 US with shipping probably double that plus currency conversion and hard to order (bank xfer only), but I'd easily pay more for ease of ordering from you guys. Let me know how.

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad...m_nesconv2.htm
    http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad...%20Axe%20Color

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure if this'd interest anyone- but a guy over on Gametz.com put a game genie (converts imports) into a NES so now his NES plays imports and has a built in game genie and a much more reliable 72 pin. Here's the link http://gametz.com/forum/USER%253A789...10920.html#new

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 10 Points to Tofu

Is this it?

Attachment 2116
    That is exactly what I need!!! I need it for different reasons then alot of you I am having fun by building my own nintendo into a router casing my company makes, famicom has a board that will fit in it perfectly but I need the converter to make it play my NES games, ne ways its a personal project and your piece Tofu is the final part of my puzzle. If you are willing to sell these I'd like to buy a few of them as I have a few more NES mods I'd like to do for fun for some buddies. Let me know if you would sell these and how much thanks a ton!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got some bad news for you mikeamoon,

As McCarron found out, I am a wholesale dealer, individual orders are rare for me and I'll only do them as a courtesy. I sold one to McCarron for no small amount of change the price is steep and that's because my factory no longer has the mold to make these nor do I ever see us going back to recreate such an item.

If you're still interested, shoot me a PM with your e-mail or phone number.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

I have seen a thread here with a kink to a web page with how to do the mod of the old 5 screw game/converter. I found my first one this weekend. I was planning on doing this tonight. But don't want to half ass it. Does anyone know where that link went or the thread. Any help would be appriaciated. Thanx.
    In yo face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I made a 60 pin male to 72 pin female converter to play NES games on a famicom. It was kindof a pain in the arse. I have seen them for sale on the net for $16-$20 bucks.

Check my blog, I posted a couple pics.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Zmandudesk8's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Zmandudesk8

i think you can pick one up pretty cheap on ebay. i cant really think of anything else.