Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

These type of boxs just down right piss me off. I go to gamestop and buy a game and the original PS2 box had a manual tab broken off, so I kindly ask can I have a new one. The guy said sure, I said and it please be an official box? he responded by saying what ever we have. I am thinking ok, he goes to the backroom to get a box. So now I am thinking it's gonna be an official box, but nope the cheap ass box. So I just accept it and walk out with it.
    As for gamecrazy, I "Special Ordered" a game from them and the box was broken at the bottom. I asked him for a new one he said "sure hold on", I waited he comes out with a Brand New OFFICIAL box. I said thank you and walked out. I thought to my self Damn that was nice of him. How did I know it was brand new?, well the box has that new box stiff to it.
    As for blockbuster, they used give you the rental boxes with the used dvds or games you buy. Now they give you the official box if it is used on games. DVDS still get the rental boxes, by me that is. Then again I think this varies per location.
    Last edited by Hitman Tyler; 12-20-2008 at 01:26 PM.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Tyler View Post
    These type of boxs just down right piss me off. I go to gamestop and buy a game and the original PS2 box had a manual tab broken off, so I kindly ask can I have a new one. The guy said sure, I said and it please be an official box? he responded by saying what ever we have. I am thinking ok, he goes to the backroom to get a box. So now I am thinking it's gonna be an official box, but nope the cheap ass box. So I just accept it and walk out with it.
    As for gamecrazy, I "Special Ordered" a game from them and the box was broken at the bottom. I asked him for a new one he said "sure hold on", I waited he comes out with a Brand New OFFICIAL box. I said thank you and walked out. I thought to my self Damn that was nice of him. How did I know it was brand new?, well the box has that new box stiff to it.
    As for blockbuster, they used give you the rental boxes with the used dvds or games you buy. Now they give you the official box if it is used on games. DVDS still get the rental boxes, by me that is. Then again I think this varies per location.

The reason gamecrazy might have "new" boxes is because hollywood video keeps 1 or 2 legit boxes for display and puts all of the other boxes in a drawer, the gamecrazy might have just taken those so they could replace busted or missing cases.

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Quote Originally Posted by walrusmonger View Post
    The reason gamecrazy might have "new" boxes is because hollywood video keeps 1 or 2 legit boxes for display and puts all of the other boxes in a drawer, the gamecrazy might have just taken those so they could replace busted or missing cases.
    could be, still I don't care.
    It just made my game worth more $$
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN