Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: PORTLAND Retro gaming Expo 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's some great pictures in there Charles! Thanks again for all your help. We couldn't have done it without you.

toby

Quote Originally Posted by evg2000 View Post

Insert Coin (Level 0) moonvakia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    moonvakia

What a fantastic show, definitely the best ever!

The four of us who came down bought an entire car load full of great stuff. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of our haul to post soon. I got the boxed Channel F that I've been looking for forever, a boxed Microvision, a boxed Telstar and Telstar Alpha, a CDi and a bunch of great games. The other guys got a Vectrex, Odyssey2, a top loader NES, the 3D Master System glasses and piles of games. There was even some stuff that we forgot we had bought until we unpacked.

The auction was pretty fun, and there was a lot of cool stuff to see. I won the Vectrex marketing plaque which is really sweet. We're gonna try to find a good place in the store to display it so people can see it. One of the guys I was with won the Panasonic Q, which he had been trying to find for years.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this show on. I had a ton of fun and am looking forward to next year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

My recap of the event is now up for anyone who is interested:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=...UserId=5483220

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for those pictures as well. I am glad you had a great time at the show. I saw 4 of my items you bought from me. I might have that Beach Babe O Rama instructions if you are looking for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a couple links of interest from The Nerd Report:
    Nerd Report/Portland Retro Gaming Expo Wrap-Up
    Portland Retro Gaming Expo Photos

My friends and I had a blast at the show. This was the biggest PRGE by far. It was a pleasure to see everyone I knew from previous expos and meet some new people as well. My only disappointment is that I wasn't able to get a photo of me in the Atari Living Room. Oh well. One of my friends is pretty sure he'll buy a table for next year's show.

Special thanks go out to Chuck for putting me on the guest list, Sabrina and Emily at The Nerd Report for letting me appear on their show, Brian from Specialty Gamer for the t-shirt and free stuff, Mike (Kaboomer) and his wife for hosting the Northwest Roundup pre-party Saturday night, every vendor I purchased something from for the great deals, and everyone involved in putting the show together and getting the word out. Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DTJAAAAMJSLM View Post

I'm in two of those photos (both were taken at the perler bead magnet booth - I'm in the background in the black Zelda shirt, checking out R2-D2).

My first stop at the show was the Recycled Gamer booth, and both Chuck and I were surprised at the large early turnout. I almost bought that copy of Crush Roller you picked up. I was about to ask about the price when a friend distracted me and told me to check out something at another booth. I forgot about it until it was gone.

If anyone's interested, a list of my haul can be found here.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 09-22-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, show looked great. Looks like it was packed. You guys may need a bigger venue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DTJAAAAMJSLM View Post

Thanks for the excellent article and pics David. Sorry I didn't have anything for you, PAX kinda wiped me out.

y-bot

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, what a great show! I had a great time, found some stuff I've been looking for, and made room for more stuff. Great to see everyone again from last years Portland show and Jet City Retro.

Here's some pic's of my haul-

Also got a great "World of Nintendo" game boy sign from Rick at the auction for $20. It needs a little elbow grease, but it will look great in my game room when it's done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did that Playstation hook up to your kiosk?

Quote Originally Posted by jahvybe View Post
    Wow, what a great show! I had a great time, found some stuff I've been looking for, and made room for more stuff. Great to see everyone again from last years Portland show and Jet City Retro.

Here's some pic's of my haul-

Also got a great "World of Nintendo" game boy sign from Rick at the auction for $20. It needs a little elbow grease, but it will look great in my game room when it's done.

Insert Coin (Level 0) zodiacprime's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here'sa link to my pix of the items I acquired: http://picasaweb.google.com/retro.ge...eat=directlink - I had a great time and hats off to all the folks who worked so hard to make this the best nwcge event yet. Great job! I can't wait until next year.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y-bot View Post
    Did that Playstation hook up to your kiosk?
    I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm still working on reorganizing my stuff and putting it away. Which at this point feels like it is going to take forever. Monday I pretty much crashed after I unloaded my truck. I had to go back to work on Tuesday and don't really have much time after work to work on stuff. I have some how managed to squeeze in some Tomba!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BobaFettHotep View Post
    I had a great time but i unfortunately left a bag of players guides behind if anyone happened to find them please let me know thanks
    Just wanted to let everyone know that these have been found.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, this is pretty late, but here's my haul:

Mickey Mania - SNES - Complete (minus poster) EX Condition $15 - This one got onto my radar recently, so it was nice to pick it up so soon. I have high expectations, even if I've heard the Genny version is superior.

Granada - GEN - Cart $2 - Played some of this game on the way back, and it was two bucks well spent! A shoot-em-up with a twist: you're a tank! Ok, not much of a twist, and the controls are a bit awkward (you have to keep one button pressed almost the whole time to lock your heading while firing your weapon), but it's still pretty fun and I can see playing through it.

Zillion II Triformation - SMS - Cart $2 - There were plenty of SMS games at the expo, but I had a hard time deciding which ones to take a chance on. Zillion has a respected name, so hopefully this is decent.

Double Dragon - SMS - Cart $2 - Yeah, I like the 2P option, but the sprites seem a bit "flat", and the animation seems different from the NES version. Not to mention music is nowhere near as good.

Psyco Fox - SMS - Cart $3 - Aside from the misprinted label (psyco is misspelled), there's nothing really noteworthy about this platformer. Darn.

Baku Baku - GG - Cart $3 - I really liked what I played of this game on the Saturn, and I can't see why the Game Gear version should be too much worse. I like puzzle games on handhelds better, anyway!

Sonic Triple Trouble - GG - Cart $2.50 - Why not? I'm getting closer to having all of the GG Sonic games.

Herc's Adventure - SAT - Complete $10 - After hearing that this was the spiritual successor to Zombies Ate My Neighbors, it went immediately on my wishlist. Finally got it, and at a good price. Very happy to drop the Hamilton on this baby, as it's very promising from the little bit I played.

Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 - GB - Cart $4 - I've seen some gameplay footage, and this looks exactly like the kind of game that I LOVE on the Game Boy!

Trax - GB - Cart $4 - I didn't intend to get two tank shoot-em-ups at the expo, but lo and behold here's another one! This one is fun too, with slightly better controls than Granada.

Skyblazer - SNES - Cart $2.50 - Little-known solid SNES platformer. Good stuff.

Super Godzilla - SNES - Cart $2 - No idea as to whether or not this one will suck, but it's one more game towards the complete SNES collection.

Brainlord - SNES - Cart (kinda beat up) $5 - This is one game I've been somewhat desperate to acquire, so I accepted the somewhat poor condition of this cart after haggling a dollar off the price. Can't wait to be re-experience this!

Hurricanes - SNES - Cart EX Condition $6 - One of the harder-to-find SNES games (R7 for you digital press users). It's based on some silly cartoon show, and you walk around kicking your soccer ball at enemies to defeat them. Actually more fun that it sounds. The guy I bought it from had two copies (I think this was y-bot?), the same two he had last year, so I talked a couple bucks off the price of this one too.

Weaponlord - SNES - Cart $2.50 - Yeah, the game is horribly slow. Just another one to cross off the SNES list, and I guess I just don't see it very often so I picked it up.

Michael Jordan in Windy City Chaos - SNES - Cart $.50 - Surprisingly, this game isn't completely awful. Animation is decent, and it plays/controls alright.

Barney's Hide & Seek - GEN - Cart $.50 - This game is bad. I can't even imagine a kid liking this one, even if he loved Barney. They don't even let you jump off ledges@!!'

Overall, this event was MUCH bigger and better last year, and I can't even speak for the chiptune concert or auction since I couldn't stay. Tourneys were fun (too bad I suck at Warlords), and the variety of game merchandise available was staggering. I'm probably gonna keep coming back year after year. Thanks for putting on such a great event!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I posted my finds from the show in the Sept finds, but I will add them here.

charles
    [url]WWW.EVG2000.com[/url]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Charles,
    Have you had a chance to try out your Vic 20 special cartridge yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For everyone who went or was a vendor or volunteer could I get a list of Pros and cons for this year. We'll be having a new meeting soon and we'll be talking about the show and how it went. I would like to get some added input for the others that were there. Thanks. And Charles....the Atari 2600 carts are $1.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coreys429 View Post
    And Charles....the Atari 2600 carts are $1.
    can I get 3 for $5?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jahvybe View Post
    Hey Charles,
    Have you had a chance to try out your Vic 20 special cartridge yet?
    vic 20 before:

vic 20 after:

pretty special, huh?

oh wells, you can never have enough 16k expanders!

charles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Charles: what is the "Ch@b" box, and the cart under (and a little to the right of) it? Also, what is the "Hello Kitty" for, and is the item to the right just instructions or something? Curious...
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ch@b is internet software: http://www.segagagadomain.com/dreamcast-ntsc_0/dpp3.htm
    http://cgi.ebay.com/IMPORT-SEGA-DREA...d=p4634.c0.m14
    cart below and to the right is a Vic20 cart by audio computers, "Special Cart", not so special, just a 16k ram cart
    Hello Kitty is for the PC
    and to the right is a CD entitled "The Ultimate NES Price Guide" by Matt Belllinghier # 31 of 46

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    @Charles: what is the "Ch@b" box, and the cart under (and a little to the right of) it? Also, what is the "Hello Kitty" for, and is the item to the right just instructions or something? Curious...