Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox 360 question/limited editions

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default xbox 360 question/limited editions

I have 2 questions about the xbox 360,maybe you guys can help?

1. how limited are the limited xbox360 games? I have the feeling even limited editions are common with 100.000 copies made AND are some limited editions more rare then other? pal or ntsc?

2.Is it possible to get 100.000 achievement points? Is saw many people leave there xbox 360 profile under there username and saw some big scores like 13.000 and even 44.000+ but 100.000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dylan021706

I`m at 76,000 & have seen many people over 100,000. I have heard some skeptism about the legitamacy of some gamerscores, but I can assure you mine is legit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I've got over 100K. Its quite a bit of work. Pretty much everyone that has game saved their gamerscore or hacked the system (achievement system) has been either reset or banned. Stripclubdj, Sufoor and JapanTop were a few of the more notables. To get a high gamerscore I have a good group of friends that I game with. I also play every single day/night. I have a wife and 3 kids to love and support as well.

Yes, mine score is legit. I own 5 Xbox 360s, 3 US systems, 1 EU and 1 Japanese. I also have over 400 retail 360 games, not including the XBLA.

As for the limited editions, Mass Effect and Bioshock LE's are truely Limited. There are other games thought that are more limited. The NTSC version of Asterix Olympic Games was only sold at a select Walmarts in Canada. Winter Sports 2 I've only seen on Amazon.com.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

A number are harder to get (the LE's). Halo 3's LE was produced in a lower number than the Legendary Edition, Call of Duty 4's LE has always been a tough find. After a while even most of the heavily produced ones become harder to get.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    The NTSC version of Asterix Olympic Games was only sold at a select Walmarts in Canada.
    I can vouch for that. I've only seen this game at ONE Walmart in my entire city, and no others. Obviously I bought it. :P

There's a few limited editions I wasn't even aware of out there, like Splintercell: DA and Transformers until I saw them with my own eyes, haha.

Yeah, racking up a high achievement score is a lot of work if you let it become like work. It was like my job at one point, 40+ hours per week of playing games for achievements. I'm actually glad they started resetting scores, because the fear of me being reset for using the Seriously... glitch in Gears of War was enough to break me out of my addiction... and at the cost of my health and my life, enough was enough. I never did get reset for that though, but it hardly means anything to me anymore other than something interesting to look at once in a while in terms of game history, what I've played and when I unlocked certain milestones, etc. (I've got a new passion/hobby, see signature :P)

The odd time I'll get caught up going for the odd achievement in certain games because it's fun to do, or you have games like Sonic's UGC full of fun achievements worth playing for, but I'll never spend hours grinding away for achievements ever again. I've been there and I don't ever want to go back. Any game I play now is out of curiosity or for fun, I haven't the time or patience to turn gaming into work again, lol. (FYI I stopped around 97 000 nearly a year ago and currently sit at 105 xxx...)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man 100K respect. I hope for you guys that you can take your score to the next xbox console.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    A number are harder to get (the LE's). Halo 3's LE was produced in a lower number than the Legendary Edition
    Not quite, the legendary edition had a much smaller print run, but because of the price and size, it sold like crap.

The overall print run for the legendary edition was only about 3.5% of the total initial print for halo 3. It just happens that 3.5% of a bajillion is still umteenzillion.

without getting too specific in exact quantites that is...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by mr obscure View Post
    Man 100K respect. I hope for you guys that you can take your score to the next xbox console.
    I'm guessing with all the attention to achievements it probably will.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    I've got over 100K. Its quite a bit of work. Pretty much everyone that has game saved their gamerscore or hacked the system (achievement system) has been either reset or banned. Stripclubdj, Sufoor and JapanTop were a few of the more notables. To get a high gamerscore I have a good group of friends that I game with. I also play every single day/night. I have a wife and 3 kids to love and support as well.

Yes, mine score is legit. I own 5 Xbox 360s, 3 US systems, 1 EU and 1 Japanese. I also have over 400 retail 360 games, not including the XBLA.

As for the limited editions, Mass Effect and Bioshock LE's are truely Limited. There are other games thought that are more limited. The NTSC version of Asterix Olympic Games was only sold at a select Walmarts in Canada. Winter Sports 2 I've only seen on Amazon.com.
    Winter Sports 2 isn't rare, at least not on-line. It's literally available from every major on-line retailer and several have it for $10 less than Amazon. As far as Canadian stuff, Asterix is harder to find because of its limited distribution, but the Canadian-only Forza 2 Limited Edition is also pretty rare as far as I can tell. Of course, now that all the DLC is standard in the Platinum Hits edition, other than the special box (which is just cardboard like Madden's CE box), there's no real point in picking it up.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

talking about L.E.'s i didn't even knew there was a dead rising L.E.
    Is there a list of all the L.E.'s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by mr obscure View Post
    talking about L.E.'s i didn't even knew there was a dead rising L.E.
    Is there a list of all the L.E.'s
    The Dead Rising LE is Euro only. Not a Stateside release. I know we had one going here for a while. I'll dig around and see what I can find in old posts.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would consider Tales of Vesperia Limited Edition, pretty limited. It took a while to find mine, since I missed out when it first came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got Skate 2 LE Bundle. Less than 500 made altogether. I don't know if it is available anywhere else, but when I got it, it was only available through the ea website. the only thing that really makes it a special edition is the full sized skateboard, as the game and game case themselves are the same as any other copy.

This is my pride and Joy of LE games, as I am greatly hoping this hops in price later on since less than 500 were made altogether.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About achievement points.
    Are companies free too give points or does microsoft has something to say about it.
    Because some games give you more points then others.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

1000 is the standard set by MS on retail discs, 200 for arcade titles.

Some DLC can give more points, like Crackdown, Mass Effect, Oblivion, etc.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They need to bring back the achievement contest.

They ran one like 1-2 years ago and if you got like 1000 points in less then a month you won prizes. I forget the exact details but I won a XBLA game and some themes and gamer pictures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have noticed over the last few months that theres way more limited edition 360 games than I originally thought.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

This one was only available via special order directly from EA. A lot of people made fun of it for being so expensive at the time, but everything in the set is extremely high quality. Mine is labelled 541/1000

--Zero

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I got Skate 2 LE Bundle. Less than 500 made altogether. I don't know if it is available anywhere else, but when I got it, it was only available through the ea website. the only thing that really makes it a special edition is the full sized skateboard, as the game and game case themselves are the same as any other copy.

This is my pride and Joy of LE games, as I am greatly hoping this hops in price later on since less than 500 were made altogether.
    Did it actually come all in one box or was it just the game and a separate skateboard like Target did for one of the Tony Hawk games a few years ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Did it actually come all in one box or was it just the game and a separate skateboard like Target did for one of the Tony Hawk games a few years ago?

I'm pretty sure it was separate. I really wanted that Dead Space LE, I just couldn't justify the cost for it. Oh well. I'll live with a regular edition.
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog