1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Default Oh the irony.

When I bought an XBox 360, everyone warned me of gloom and doom tales ensuring that it would eventually fail on me. Well, my Elite has ran fine for 2 years. My PS3? Not so well. It's not running BD's, DVD's, or PS2 discs, and there is just something cracked out and unstable about the PSN connection. (That, however, may not be because of my system. PSN is free and, well, you get what you pay for.)

Anyway, customer service says I gotta send it in a coffin. So all you people who "refuse to buy an Xbox 360" because of the failure rate...shove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS3s still fail a ton less then 360s. Nothing is perfect though, new or old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything fails. My Wii I got on launch had online issues, and it turns out I bought it broken. Also, my 360 broke after a little over 1 year. It just happens.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Oh, I'm aware this is blind coincidince. I just think it's funny that I totally braced for impact in the case that my 360 went shithouse. Instead, the machine I expected to function fine...didn't. Life is funny that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure what you have in your state, but if you ever go to an off brand game store that repairs systems(as well as sells them) you will see quite a bit of PS3's. I was very surprised at this considering how very little attention it's gotten in the media. Does the 360 break down more than PS3's and Wii's? Yup. Do the other two systems never break down? Nope. They all have their issues.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If a 60GB breaks down and you send it to Sony for repairs will you get a 60GB back? Also. PSN works fine for me. I used to own a 360 and find the PSN works just as good as the XBL when playing online games, of course it was using multiconsole titles since that's the best way to judge one over the other. But with the PS3 I saved $50 a year.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-17-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I feel lucky myself. I don't want to jinx it but so far my systems have been running fine. I only had one fail on me and that was my Dreamcast. So far my most used system.. also my first.

My 360 runs fine and my PS2 has run great since the day I bought it (phatstation 2) Of course I only use PS2 disks in it.. but meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

So your PS3 crapped out on you, your point being? I don't recall ever hearing that the PS3 failure rate was set to 0, hell my friends PS3 just broke down on him a few weeks ago, these things happen and that's what tech support is for. I've been reading that a lot of 40gigs have been having problems and I think even the first non-bc 80gigs my be the most problematic.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    Anyway, customer service says I gotta send it in a coffin. So all you people who "refuse to buy an Xbox 360" because of the failure rate...shove it.
    I bought two, I just refuse to buy a third one.

I'd get that PS3 back in a jiffy before that sucker rings on you.

Insert Coin (Level 0) iloveguns's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it is all depends on the user and the gadget.. if you used it like 12-20 hours a day the ring will get into you..
    the best things in life are those moments unexpected...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I guess I'll shove it then.

As far as gaming systems go, the only one to ever fail on me was an original Xbox... the Samsung drive in it went. Yes the Samsung. I sold it and bought a 2nd and that one has lasted me ever since. In fact I have more games on the Xbox than any other system. It's a great machine.

No electronic device ever made has a failure rate of zero though. So it's understandable that PS3s and Wiis fail occasionally.

And as far as the 360 goes? I won't buy it yet. Enough of the main titles that I'm interested in come on the PS3. There are a few games on the 360 I want, but it isn't enough to warrant a purchase yet. As a consumer, the only thing I can really do to send a message to the company is to not buy their product. It's nothing personal against them, but I just don't need one.

For my household a PS3 was a much better value at $400. Wireless internet, 1080p Blu-ray, bigger hard drive, standard wireless controller, and reliability were worth more to us than Microsoft's game library. We had just purchased a 1080p TV at the time and Blu-ray players were all still $400+. So the PS3 was a no brainer. Now if PS3's were still $600... Fuck that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

xbox live destroys playstation network and is worth the 50, plus amazon sells the 13 month cards for 38.99 with free shipping, and buy.com and walmart.com had the 13 month cards for 30 with free shipping a while back. For that minimal amount its worth it, thats my 2 cents.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

im pretty sure there were no elites 2 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    im pretty sure there were no elites 2 years ago.
    I bought it December of 2007. It had been on the market for a while at that point. So, almost 2 years. I've passed through 2 Christmases with it.

Why all the hostility, guys? I was just trying to be sarcastic/funny. My point was that they all fail to some degree. I'm lucky I've had the PS3 less than a year otherwise this shit would have cost me $150.
    Last edited by Graham Mitchell; 05-18-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Between the 'RRoD' and the 'E74' bullshit, it's pretty hard to even want to purchase an Xbox 360. I honestly don't know how people can do it, given what we know. But then again, I'm an old-school gamer with no interest in the latest generation, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with my mindset.

But, in all seriousness, I haven't seen such planned obsolescence of this magnitude since, well, the Playstation 2.
    Last edited by Smashed Brother; 05-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why all the hostility, guys? I was just trying to be sarcastic/funny..
    As was I.

My point was that they all fail to some degree..
    That's true, but you can't reasonably compare failure rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

ive had my 360 for a year, it got e74 once and i sent it in and they fixed it and sent it back, it cost me nothing, although it was annoying, its not that bad, and hopefully they fixed it so it wont melt the souder again.

And when it got e74 on me i was not the last one to use, someone else used my xbox and when i turned it on it had e74, so it was not even a problem that was caused by me.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Modern electronics are just junk. Everything is made as cheaply as possible and designed to last only as long as the warranty requires.
    Unless you do all your gaming on a PC with high-end components, your shit is going to break far too soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Modern electronics are just junk. Everything is made as cheaply as possible and designed to last only as long as the warranty requires.
    Unless you do all your gaming on a PC with high-end components, your shit is going to break far too soon.
    amen brother. my friends odyssey 2 still works. my genesis from 16 years ago still works. the solid state machines will last forever. once moving parts are involved, forget it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed Brother View Post
    Between the 'RRoD' and the 'E74' bullshit, it's pretty hard to even want to purchase an Xbox 360. I honestly don't know how people can do it, given what we know. But then again, I'm an old-school gamer with no interest in the latest generation, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with my mindset.

But, in all seriousness, I haven't seen such planned obsolescence of this magnitude since, well, the Playstation 2.
    Its pretty easy to pony up $200 for a 360 considering what you can get out of it. Online is alot better then PS3 (which I also have and like still but more for its media playing features). Plus you can just buy a couple for $200 each and have a backup, thats not the worst thing ever. I actually bought a new one and then I bought a red ringed one at a pawn shop for $20 and sent it for warranty, now I have 2. Plus 360 can be modded, PS3 cannot. 360 has way better online store as well. I think its best to have both.
    My System History in order of purchase: Coleco Vision - Master System - Genesis - Game Gear - Sega CD - 32X - Saturn - Nomad - PS1 - Dreamcast - PS2 - DS - PS3 (60GB) - PSP - 360.