Thread: gamecube disc repair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default gamecube disc repair

I need to fix my broken gamecube games, they dont have any major scratches in them but they dont work. It is not a disc read error, my gamecube is fine. I need a solution that works almost every time to fix my gamecube games. I do not have one of those disc repair kits. I need instructions on how to fix them, and where to buy the materials that I need to fix my games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

somebody please me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Someone told me you could use turtle wax to buff a CD "clean" if it's a scratch problem... worth a shot?
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few months back I found a copy of Piglet's Big Game (Gamecube) that wouldn't load past the various opening screens advertising the companies\publishers that had a hand in the game. I kept getting a message telling me the disc wasn't compatible and to consult the instruction manual. Anyhow based on some advice I read on a random Google search I tried to scrub the disc with toothpaste. Predictably, I failed as the disc became completely unreadable. I do not recommend using toothpaste, or at least Tom's of Maine with baking soda.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'll probably think I'm nuts, but I use Brasso to resurrect old horribly scratched DVDs. This is a metal polish, very abrasive, but a very FINE abrasive. Use a dab on a clean cloth, then work in circles initially to "buff out" the nastiest scratches. Then wipe from the inside to the edge of the disc to "de-circle" the disc (improves the readability). Next use a clean cloth and go over the disc one more time from the inside to the edge. Remove all remaining "dust" like this. Finally, spray with Windex to shine 'er up.

I have had only 2 DVDs not work out of hundreds that I've buffed out like this. I honestly swear by it. However, you are DELIBERATELY scratching up a disc with this method, so I really wouldn't try this for any game that is highly rare or worth 2K monies. But if you have nothing to lose, and game/DVD isn't particularly rare, try it out.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...