Thread: SCDCONV, CONVSCD, & the Datel Pro CDX: A definitive Sega / Mega CD compatibility list

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Default SCDCONV, CONVSCD, & the Datel Pro CDX: A definitive Sega / Mega CD compatibility list

Link: http://aztrading.tripod.com/Sega-compat.html

First off I should mention that I'm fully aware a multi-bios or Mega Cart will fix all of these issues. This is more for the sake of experimentation or those who are unable to obtain such a device/mod. This will alsp be dealing with actual results on real hardware, not taking into account any results on various emulators.

I'm in the process of compiling a comprehensive list of compatibility (both working and non-working) CD games for users of either of these programs or game cart. It will be made from my own personal experiences, what few (1?) compatibility list that exists for SCDCONV, and a few random forum/Usenet posts found here and there.

I'm asking for any help/input from the community from those that have experimented with either of these programs or the Datel Pro CDX.

I would need exact specifics; such as model of console/CD unit and revision of program used for conversion. If a Pro CDX was used instead I'll also need the bios revision of it.

I also pretty much need any information available for the Pro CDX. I have only owned a version 1.8, 1.8I, and 1.8L. Both 1.8I and 1.8L worked on my Sega CD model 2 + Genesis model 1 combo and had identical results. The 1.8 apparently works with the model 1 CD, as I get bios conflict error message upon booting.

I will be posting my existing list within the next day or so on here once I get it cleaned up a bit. Anyone with anything to contribute feel free to post in this thread or PM me directly and I will update the list accordingly.

-regards
    Last edited by Az; 08-17-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: updated to provide link