Thread: Playstation store question

Insert Coin (Level 0) motorcity_madman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Playstation store question

Okay I would like to create a European account to access the Euro playstation store's better selection of PS1 classics.Does anyone know if those games only play on PAL tv's or will they work on the US tvs as well? Thanks

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Unless you have a legitimate bank account with a credit card and a verified street address in the UK, OR at the minimum a verified name/street address there and a bunch of appropriate regional (UK) Sony Points Cards, you're not going to be able to make a Euro account.

Same for JAP, AU, or any other region.

It was easier to do in the early days of the PSN, but they've made it all but impossible, even online, legal, "virtual" UK/Euro credit card numbers won't work as they're not tied to legit street addresses.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 08-28-2009 at 10:34 AM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo! I'm in sunny Wales and I would like to get access to the US store for, well, Castlevannia mostly but I'm sure that there must be other good things in there too.

Surely there must be something that we can do about this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

You could try this to make an account and then figure out a way to import the appropriate PSN Point Cards. That might work, but I know that Sony generally wants to avoid this practice, so don't be surprised if it's already been blocked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrmHIiltpbg
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually have a US and Japanese account, but as I lack the correct plastic I can't buy anything =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would the PAL PS1 games even work on a if you downloaded them thru PSN? I know ps3 is "region free" but my PAL ps1 games give me a region protection error when I try to play them on ps3.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by HappehLemons View Post
    Would the PAL PS1 games even work on a if you downloaded them thru PSN? I know ps3 is "region free" but my PAL ps1 games give me a region protection error when I try to play them on ps3.
    Reports are that PSN PS1 classics are not region locked and will output via the correct digital signal to match your region PS3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lifted from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/611680

Content can only be downloaded to five total PS3s. So in other words you don't want to give a game out four times for the simple fact that if your PS3 breaks then you will not be able to download it onto your new PS3. I also recommend exchanging IM names or phone numbers or email just to keep in touch while doing this process.

I was a little unclear. You can let a total of 4 people download from you. Once you have reached five this feature gets locked. In my case I let three people download tekken, and 1 have something else. This means that I can't give out anything to anyone else.I can give out stuff just to these four people . If someone deletes something they already download from you they can redownload it from you and it will not count against the 5 people rule.

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top right hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

I hope this helps someone. Remember not to delete the user that you created to do this or you will not be able to play the content you downloaded. I suggest even trades. I purchased High Velocity Bowling and shared with someone and in exchange got Pain. Ten dollars for twenty dollars worth of content sounds good to me. As far as I know this is not illegal because Sony would have taken higher measures to prevent this as they did with Warhawk.

Update: Not all games can be shared. Here is a list of known untradables.

1: Warhawk
    2: GT5 Prolouge
    3: SOCOM: Confrontation
    4: Fatal Inertia
    Fancy a trade? Or is it just demos and things that you are after?