Thread: Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Has anyone had that moment while playing a video game that will sort of stick with you forever? I'm looking for some people's experiences to discuss on my PS2 Blog. I have two of them...

• Resident Evil, PS1: I always loved (and still do) playing these games in the middle of the night in the dark with the volume up. This being my first Resident Evil experience got me hooked on the franchise. It was durring a calm moment in the game. You're just walking down a hallway not expecting anything, at least until you get to the end or go through the next door. Out of no where a zombie dog comes crashing through the window scaring the **it out me. The sound effect was created extra loud too. After that moment the rest of the game had my heart pumping every time I played.

• The other significant moment was in Metal Gear Solid: PS1. I remember a lot of hype leading up to it's release and read a lot about it in the PlayStation Magazine. I hadn't played any of the previous Metal Gears on the older systems. The boss battle against Psycho Mantis was memorable to me at the time because I remember thinking how creative it was. The battle made it seem like Psycho Mantis was "reading your mind" by moving your controller with the vibration function, reading your memory card and telling you how many saved games were on it then would mention a genre of games on your card and make a comment about it, and by making you think the channel changed by turning the screen black.

Well those are my two...what are some of yours?

*CHECK OUT MY PS2 BLOG*
    Last edited by Berserker; 10-29-2009 at 10:20 AM.