Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Has anyone had that moment while playing a video game that will sort of stick with you forever? I'm looking for some people's experiences to discuss on my PS2 Blog. I have two of them...

• Resident Evil, PS1: I always loved (and still do) playing these games in the middle of the night in the dark with the volume up. This being my first Resident Evil experience got me hooked on the franchise. It was durring a calm moment in the game. You're just walking down a hallway not expecting anything, at least until you get to the end or go through the next door. Out of no where a zombie dog comes crashing through the window scaring the **it out me. The sound effect was created extra loud too. After that moment the rest of the game had my heart pumping every time I played.

• The other significant moment was in Metal Gear Solid: PS1. I remember a lot of hype leading up to it's release and read a lot about it in the PlayStation Magazine. I hadn't played any of the previous Metal Gears on the older systems. The boss battle against Psycho Mantis was memorable to me at the time because I remember thinking how creative it was. The battle made it seem like Psycho Mantis was "reading your mind" by moving your controller with the vibration function, reading your memory card and telling you how many saved games were on it then would mention a genre of games on your card and make a comment about it, and by making you think the channel changed by turning the screen black.

Well those are my two...what are some of yours?

*CHECK OUT MY PS2 BLOG*
    Last edited by Berserker; 10-29-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first time I played Sonic on Genesis in 1991. That moment changed my life.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

The final battle with Mother Brain in Super Metroid. THE defining moment of my gaming career. I honestly don't think I breathed once during that whole battle on that unforgettable night of April 23, 1994. Yes... I still remember the exact date. It was just that special.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battling my way to the final boss in "Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter".

After trudging my way through that big ass castle (and all the fights within) only to have one last big open field battle. Epic only for the fact that the sky grew dark and fireballs fall from the sky while you are frantically running around.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

The entire experience of Silent Hill 1 and 2 are etched in my brain forever, especially the very effective storytelling that Silent Hill 2 had.

Portal is another game that I will remember forever, one particular part towards the end really caught me off guard and also had me laughing out or irony.

Castlevania 2 for it's very mysterious townspeople and their very cryptic conversations, the guy on the boat was especially creepy.

The part in Zelda Twilight Princess where everything was black and white was stunning when I first saw it.

The original Metroid was the first game I remember striking my imagination as a child and made me want to explore the world, even tho I found it frightening at times.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Default Wow. No one here has ever asked that question before.

Finding a sealed copy of Supamu Toimaru for the Playstation 2.
    Last edited by Pantechnicon; 10-27-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Too many to count:

Some that stand out though:

Playing Shark! Shark! for the Intellivision and the Jaws music comes on letting you know that the shark is coming

Renting an NES and Double Dragon 2 and staying home instead of going out to a concert.

Staying up all night playing Mario Kart 64 with a friend. Final score in battle: 101-100

More recently playing Fifa 06 on the DS and doing a bicycle kick, I was amazed that my did it on a handheld. I remember when it was a big deal on the Genesis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see...

The first time I beat Ganon in the Legend of Zelda; there was just this huge feeling of accomplishment to trudge through the entire game.

All of Super Mario Bros. 3. The fact that I went nearly fifteen years without playing it, picked it up, and still remembered the entire game level by level says a LOT about the impact it had on me.

Getting to Nick Bruiser in Super Punch-Out!! and failing every time.

Beating King K. Rool in Donkey Kong Country.

Super Mario RPG. 'Nuff said.

NiGHTS. 'Nuff said.

The first time I played GoldenEye in multi-player with my friends. We selected proximity mines, and that's been my weapon of choice since.
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

I beat Sonic 2 before a crowd in Circuit City the day it came out.

My dad's words: "I *was* gonna buy that for you."
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another one...

These are great to read...
    Another moment for myself that I forgot about was the day I beat ToeJam & Earl on Sega Genesis. When you finally got back to their home planet and got to walk around it...it was so satisfying. I don't know about anyone else, but I loved that game.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG
    Last edited by Berserker; 10-29-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

- Not having a huge library of NES games of my own, but I swear I had 1 or 2 rentals out for the entire duration of me owning a NES.

- Super NES received for christmas and playing Super Mario World until I just couldn't any longer.

- Playing Super Mario 64 for the first time on a display unit months before getting my own 64 and Mario that Christmas and playing until sunrise the next day.

- Goldeneye 64 and the countless hours spent in single player, multiplayer, unlocking cheats and just generally mucking about in this game with goodies like paintball mode and unlimited ammo.

- Zelda OoT. Everything about the game, from the feeling of opening it and seeing the gold cartridge, intro, cheery Kokiri Village music while just roaming around town, obtaining the first sword and shield, and being totally creeped out by the Skulltula in the Deku Tree. This game totally consumed me until Ganon fell. Still don't like the Water Temple to this day.

- Numerous other 64 titles that I lost many hours to, including Banjo Kazooie, Rush, Rush 2, Bomberman 64, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk 2 to name a few.

- Spending my entire Christmas vacation playing my newly received Gamecube with the likes of Smash Melee, Tony Hawk 3, Dave Mirra BMX 2 and The Simpsons: Road Rage.

- Buying a PS2 and GTA III, the first console and game bought with my own money and not as a gift or with gifted money.

- Renting GTA: SA from blockbuster and never returning it.

- Playing GTA: SA for every waking moment for the three days that followed said rental until completed.

- Finishing ICO on nothing but Tylenol 4 and Gatorade after having my wisdom teeth yanked.

- Saving up for a month to buy my 360 and then not being able to find a Premium version for another 2 or 3 weeks, but then spending all day playing Marble Blast Ultra. Yep, $500 spent on a new console and the first thing I play is this.

- Oblivion. I had never played a game with a scope as big as this one. Stepping out of the sewers for the first time and my jaw hit the floor.

- The hype I felt when Saints Row gameplay was shown, and playing the demo religiously daily for a solid month before the game shipped.

- Grand Theft Auto IV and nearly everything to do with the game BEFORE it launched. Hype, sleepless nights, overanalyzing trailers and screens, going to my first midnight launch and playing the game for the first time... After finishing it twice I would come to personally prefer San Andreas but this is still a very good game and will never forget the effect it had on me.

#1 gaming moment? I would give a nod to the third on my list, playing Mario 64 for the first time. Still one of the most magical, memorable moments in my life.
    Last edited by Nesmaster; 10-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Most memorable? Probably beating Pitfall II for the first time (we're talking 1984 or so). It was one of the few 2600 games I owned that actually was able to beat.

Most of my current memorable moments revolve around online multiplayer or co-op sessions with friends. COD, Battlefield, Halo, Rainbow Six...just too many to list.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My many amazing sticks in Halo 2. I just wish they had replay saving like they do in Halo 3...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my most memorable moments happened earlier this year in Halo 3. I was playing online in a 4v4 game and when the score was 12-10 my entire team quit, leaving me to play 1v4. The game was close for awhile but in the end I won like 43-35 or something like that. I absolutely saved that film
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are a lot, but here are a few. Reading some of the above reminded me of a few of these.

-Stepping out in Seyda Neen after being granted my freedom at the beginning of Morrowind. I had no idea what to do, so I just started walking. I kept walking for three months.

-Emulating Pokemon: Blue on my computer one Christmas break. We had huge blizzards so we were pretty much snowed in for four weeks. I heard about this game on the news of all places and was instantly hooked.

-Playing various n64 games at friend's houses (I never had one). The first time I played Mario 64 I was absolutely blown away by the 3D world that we got to explore. That was topped, though, by the time I showed up at a birthday party to discover four friends playing this new game called Goldeneye. That was the best birthday party I've ever been too.

-I've had a lot of good COD4 games, but one recently was especially satisfying. I had been playing with two friends on Team Deathmatch for awhile, and we kept getting absolutely murdered by this other group. The current game was Bog, which is a favorite of mine because I'm a pretty decent sniper. I was doing well but the rest of my team was still getting killed. We were down by nine kills and the other team only needed one more kill to win the match. And then I got a chopper. I called it in and started yelling at my team to hang back. Bog is a very open map and my chopper started reeking havoc. I saw one of our guys was about to get shot so I yelled at my friend to flash the enemy player, and as he did my other friend shot him. It took about twenty seconds for my chopper to get the winning kill. I've never had a win feel that good.

-This one sticks in my mind the most, but is hard to explain. I was playing Giants: Citizen Kabuto as one of the space marine guys. I was winning pretty handily when I came over the top of a hill. Down below me in the valley were bunch of burrowers and some tank things. And they all saw me. As I stifled an "oh shit!" I quickly backed up over the hill. It was too late though, and as I began to run two furious mounds of dirt appeared over the crest of the hill on both sides, flanking two huge fireballs fired down the middle. I was toast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Playing Oblivion and emerging from the sewer for the first time. I walked up the hill to Bruma, and turned and looked back at the Imperial City, and my first thoughts were: 'holy shit'. For obvious reasons.

200/200-ing Pac Man CE on XBLA (my first ever 100% on a 360 game), just nailing the final achievement with one life left and ghosts bearing down on all sides. Get in.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Two thinks from Morrowind because that was the first game I was really stoked about playing.

Walking around in a swamp I hear a faint screaming. I keep walking and it gets louder. Then HOLY SHIT A GUY JUST FELL OUT OF THE SKY IN FRONT OF ME. Scared the crap out of me.

Spending about 10 minutes walking around a desert (I think) to some isolated town so I can complete a quest (I think I had to visit all the gates or something). In the town is a massive statue, or rock or something. A big memorial. I talk to one of the people walking around, and this is what he had to say:

After I kill you, I will rape your dead body. Don't worry, I'll be gentle.

I was laughing so hard.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Why was the OP banned? Just curious.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    Why was the OP banned? Just curious.
    Probably for spamming his PS2 blog on every thread he made.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.