Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kind of a weird one, but it really sticks in my mind.
    In grade school, my frined and I were nuts about Nobunaga's Ambition on the NES. We'd play for hours and hours uintil like 3 in the morning.
    My favorite part was when my ninja finally successfully assassinated a rival daimyo.
    I nearly died when he snuck in, jammed his katana in the guy, and wiggled it around. God, that felt so satisfying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

One that was more recent involves Super Mario World. Just days prior, I had finished a weekend-long 100% speedrun through Super Mario World with my sister's then-boyfriend, and when I went to church later in the week; I saw they now had a Super NES with Super Mario World and other games setup in the room.

Everyone was taking turns on Super Mario World; the game was 100% finished, so we just jumped from stage to stage as we pleased, eventually deciding to see who can beat Bowser. Everyone failed, but as a crowd of people watched, I took down Bowser effortlessly using the knowlage I gained just days prior. That felt awesome; even better than when I was playing Rock Band a few months later; getting a full band together as we 5-stared Green Grass & High Tides in front of that same group of people (Only one of us was on Expert mode, though, and that was our drummer. He was awesome).

--

Easily the most memorable moment for me, even more so than the very first time I every played a video game, would be when I finally beat Diddy Kong Racing; that fateful Wednesday night in mid-to-late 2000. After beating Wizpig once, tackling the Future Fun Land Silver Coin Challenges, and getting all the pieces of the TT Amulet, I moved onto the final race against Wizpig; just him on a giant rocket (A crotch rocket turned to 11), myself in an airplane, and a track littered with sharp turns, electric fences, and laser turrets.

It took a few tries, but eventually I got the hang of the track; saving up my blue balloons through each lap to build up a nice, powerful boost to sent me rocketing from the exit of the throne room (The single most dangerous area on the track; where most of the turrets are) and across the finish line in 1 second. After that, I finally beat it, and one little bit of the ending had me eagerly awaiting any chance of a sequel (After all, it showed that Wizpig managed to survive his rocket exploding, leaving it open for him to return), but the chances of it ever being made are slimmer than that of Mega Man Legends 3.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

My most memorable moment actually has to be on Dragon Warrior 3. After defeating Baramos, you actually don't complete the game and go down a pit into the ground. This was the world of the original Dragon Warrior. I thought this was the coolest thing I've seen on a game at the time. It's still one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a video game.

Then there are others.

Before Dragon Warrior 3, I played Final Fantasy. Aside from Castlevania, the original Final Fantasy is my most played NES game. Everything on this game was extremely well done and the first time I've ever played it it was my favorite game. To this day I still play the game regularly, but instead of just the NES version, it's been the NES, PSX, GBA, and PSP versions that I'll put time into.

When the SNES came out, Super Castlevania 4 was and still is my favorite game for the system. I received the SNES on my birthday(December 31) and could choose one extra game from the store. Having owned all the NES Castlevania games and it being the one I saw in the store, that's the game I ended up picking up. The graphics were amazing and still are some of the best on the SNES. The whipping multi directional while still keeping the similar gameplay. I played it to finish the very first day I got it, loved everything about it, but the best thing about the game will always be the battles against Slogra, Gaibon, and Death, then the candles lighting themselves as you walk past towards Dracula. It was a truly amazing experience for me.

Finally, there's Vandal Hearts. It's not the first TRPG I've played, but it's what really got me into them. So nearly every tactical RPG since then for that generation I've picked up as a higher priority than most every other games. Luckily I didn't notice Eternal Eyes and I saw it on sale one day for 3.99 on clearance and picked it up, which is also memorable to me because I'll never forget selling it the same day and gladly accepting one dollar for it at Gamestop.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by johnfernandez View Post
    Hey Guys,
    My memorable moment is first time i have played cassette video game in
    that i m only 10 yrs.with doing good lunch also.i m doing both work eating
    and gaming also..so it is nice time on that but now nothing else...

Thanks..
    Ever seen my pic in that red bar? I'm led to believe that's you due to your sig. Go spambomb somewhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

When my sister and I got Ocarina of Time back in 1999, we were blown away. Soon after we encountered our first ReDeads. When the ReDead started humping Link, we both screamed and shut off the console, losing all progress up to that point.
    DERP