Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

well, its this like 2 foot wide black lumpy mess on the bottom shelf of all my stuff, and when you take it out, you got this dumbass black thing that isn't even attached to make the thing even looking on the shelf anyways.

it only looks like shit when clicked onto a genesis 1 since its all uneven.

that doesn't change the fact that the thing feels cheap when you move it around though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Model 1 w/ Model 2 SCD is the only SCD setup I have at the moment.

The additional plastic really helps make it look better. It's still huge, less, but it's more like... American huge, rather than Franken-Huge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

I actually LIKE the look of the model one Genny with a model 2 Sega CD. Then again, that's the setup I've had since 1993 so it could be that I'm just very used to it!

I've also got a Mega Drive 1/Mega CD 1 setup. It looks "proper", of course, but I kind of like the way the mismatched setup looks (with the extender on the bottom, of course!!!).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

the extender just makes it even more ghetto-fab.

you might as well put spinners on it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Functionally though... a model 1 Genesis with a Model 2 Sega CD is actually the best setup. Model 1 with "high definition graphics" written on the top, with no TMSS copy protection screen at the beginning, has been proven to have the best sound quality. And while a model 1 Sega CD is pretty good, and looks nice with a model 1 Genesis, the drive door can wear out over time. Sega CD 2 is a more reliable machine (though if your model 1 Sega CD works fine.. more power to you!)

So there you go: Model 1 Genesis and Model 2 Sega CD. And unless you're modding for S-video or live in PAL land with RGB output, mount a 32X on top just for the better composite output quality.

For the record, the sound quality of most Genesis 2's are garbage.. and the video quality is poor on all but the most rare iteration of Genesis 2.

I love my model 1 Genesis/Model 2 Sega CD setup I completed just a few weeks ago.... but yeah I found the "extender" piece... not to mention the RF shielding plate which bolts under the Genesis.... I really like the look of the setup! And like I said, those in the know will tell you it's a quality setup where it counts: performance and AV quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

yes the model 2 sega CD is way more reliable even if it feels cheap since alot of it is hollow plastic.

but its so UGLY~! lol.

the mixer + audio is the best thing ever though. You really arent playing sega til you do that.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BocoDragon View Post
    Functionally though... a model 1 Genesis with a Model 2 Sega CD is actually the best setup. Model 1 with "high definition graphics" written on the top, with no TMSS copy protection screen at the beginning, has been proven to have the best sound quality. And while a model 1 Sega CD is pretty good, and looks nice with a model 1 Genesis, the drive door can wear out over time. Sega CD 2 is a more reliable machine (though if your model 1 Sega CD works fine.. more power to you!)

So there you go: Model 1 Genesis and Model 2 Sega CD. And unless you're modding for S-video or live in PAL land with RGB output, mount a 32X on top just for the better composite output quality.

For the record, the sound quality of most Genesis 2's are garbage.. and the video quality is poor on all but the most rare iteration of Genesis 2.

I love my model 1 Genesis/Model 2 Sega CD setup I completed just a few weeks ago.... but yeah I found the "extender" piece... not to mention the RF shielding plate which bolts under the Genesis.... I really like the look of the setup! And like I said, those in the know will tell you it's a quality setup where it counts: performance and AV quality.
    Usually but some games react badly if you use a ram cart through a 32x if a model 1 genesis is used (Lunar II) and a few versions of the CD model 2 choke on other games (the one with a 240 laser didn't work well with Lunar 1). This is one of few systems where people should get more than one version.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jbjabroni23

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Now thats hilarious, I totally can imaging MMPR Zord Morph with Sega Genesis and Sega CD....