Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another Ebay Article and Fan Reaction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a terrible article. This story about how ebay is no longer a true auction house has been written dozens, maybe hundreds, of times.

When she searched for Mercedes X600 on eBay Motors, she got the Mercedes emblem, the wheel rims, the original owners manual, yet she wanted only a list of the available cars.
    Is this a joke? She didn't find anything because it's a massively rare car with literally nothing listed. That's like blaming ebay because I couldn't find a gold NWC NES cart. If you actually search for "Mercedes X600" in Motors, you get zero results because there's nothing up, not emblems and rims like the article says.

Even if she were searching for a common car, like say, a 2002 Accord, just search for "2002 Accord" and click on the "Cars & Trucks" link in the Refine Search sidebar. Christ, are people this stupid? I have never heard of this problem before, including from older relatives and co-workers who use ebay fine but aren't computer-savvy at all.

Also the user comments make my head hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find it funny that eBay is pointing out that "For the first time, buyers who come to eBay looking for fast, trusted service, can easily spot top-rated sellers by the prominent badge in search results" I don't look for the "Badge" at all. Most of the time (as discussed here before) the top-rated sellers items have the least to do with what I am actually searching for.

What a hunk of crap article. Let the people who cannot sort search results go to Walls*Mart (cue banjo music)!

This response made my head hurt:

"ebay was at one time the place to sell buy and lots of fun but it has gotton so bad in the last 2 years i dont evan bother no more and they have gone rediclus crasy on their rules and with this dsr rating and a one way feedback people will dameg you if you dont sell them at their offer they will leave bad feedback just to be hatefull and now ebay sucks it has lost lots of good sellers and im not sure if they will ever be like they was as long as the keep the curent co"

I guess this person has never heard of punctuation or spell check?
    Last edited by rpepper9; 11-19-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!