Thread: Anyone Know Where I Can Find These Import Games Cheap?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone Know Where I Can Find These Import Games Cheap?

Just for the fun, I borrowed someone's fake R4 card to try out some import DS games. Despite the language barrier, I got quite addicted to the "Tales" series games (particularly Tales of Hearts).

Anyway, I looked at a couple of import site like Play-Asia and National Console Support to see what they charge, but their prices are waay out of my budget range. I wondering if anyone knows of reliable site(s) were I can buy the following imports cheaply:

Tales of Hearts - Anime Movie Edition (DS)

Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack (DC)

Klonoa Heroes: Legend of the Star Medal (GBA)

I'm looking for an import site that A) ships to Canada, and B) takes a money orders as form of payment.

Arcade Card Compatible Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can try http://www.risingstuff.com/, they usually have really good prices but I'm not sure if they except money orders.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Importing generally isn't a cheap hobby. The Japanese typically pay more for games than we do, so when you're on sites that primarily provide new imports, they have to charge the Japanese MSRP and then some to make any decent kind of profit. If you want cheap imports, you'll have to look into used sellers, but if you're looking for a store that takes money orders, then you're REALLY limited, basically down to community marketplaces like we have here where certain individuals are okay with money orders. Assuming you have a checking account, I highly recommend you sign up for PayPal. You don't need a debit/credit card to do so, and nobody gets your personal information. You can do an e-check that takes awhile to clear but essentially behaves the same as writing a personal check. There are some stores that don't take PayPal, but many do and all of eBay will be open to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Why can't you use Paypal?

Most Japanese sellers won't take money orders as they've never heard of them! They simply aren't issued here unless it's a (rare) special request. If I went to a bank and asked for a money order, they'd look at me like I was crazy. I'd have to go to a major bank in central Tokyo to cash one easily. Anywhere else, and it's a crap shoot.

Personally, I can get you those games, especially the DC Sonic 2 b-day pack, fairly easily... but for the above reasons I'm not going to take a money order.

So... get Paypal. You just need a bank account. Canadian ones are fine.

How much do you want to pay for Sonic 2?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breetai View Post
    Why can't you use Paypal?

Most Japanese sellers won't take money orders as they've never heard of them! They simply aren't issued here unless it's a (rare) special request. If I went to a bank and asked for a money order, they'd look at me like I was crazy. I'd have to go to a major bank in central Tokyo to cash one easily. Anywhere else, and it's a crap shoot.

Personally, I can get you those games, especially the DC Sonic 2 b-day pack, fairly easily... but for the above reasons I'm not going to take a money order.

So... get Paypal. You just need a bank account. Canadian ones are fine.

How much do you want to pay for Sonic 2?
    Thanks for the offer Breetai, but right now I'm just making some general inquiries. I won't actually consider buying any of these imports until I have a steady job again.

But while were on the subject of cost, do you mind finding out what the average prices are in Japan for the games I'm interested in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Thanks for the offer Breetai, but right now I'm just making some general inquiries. I won't actually consider buying any of these imports until I have a steady job again.

But while were on the subject of cost, do you mind finding out what the average prices are in Japan for the games I'm interested in?
    If a dozen or more people didn't ask me that every week, I wouldn't mind. :P

Then again, I'm an exceptionally nice guy, so...

Klonoa Heroes: 伝説のスターメダル seems to be in the US$20-30 range after a quick online search.

As for Tales of Hearts (テイルズ オブ ハーツ アニメムービーエディション), it's pretty damned expensive for a DS game at around US$70. I usually don't see DS games for that high of price.

I'd say for these things, play-asia.com is your friend.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tales of Hearts CG Movie sold for $30 shipped on Ebay, and I usually see it for around $25~30, but there aren't any available right now.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com