Thread: The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion

I have taken a short break from my retro gaming and Assassins Creed 2 and such to check the first expansion to The Sims 3.

And man was I surprised. The thing costs $40! For an expansion, and not a huge one at that, I think that is ludicrous. I really wonder how these prices will affect sales, not to mention the overpriced DLC for the game.

I made a video review of the game for my weekly "show", mainly to get the word out about the shortcomings of such an expensive add on. I collect Maxis games and always will, but if it weren't for that...

Here's the review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20qqAci8rg

What it boils down to us that it does add some significantly different gameplay in the adventure/puzzle vein and really gives you a new incentive to play the game. But it doesn't give you much else as far as content, and I think that is unforgivable for the most expensive expansion in recent memory.

Anyone else have any comments? I know the game doesn't get much attention here normally...
    PC Game Collector - DOS and beyond

Lazy Game Reviews

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Sims series player (more often then not anyway) is dominated by non-gamer women over 30. Beyond Bejeweled 2 all they have to spend money on are virtual doll games. If you don't buy games ever then the one you do becomes REAL important. Important enough that the price doesn't matter I'm guessing.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon View Post
    The Sims series player (more often then not anyway) is dominated by non-gamer women over 30. Beyond Bejeweled 2 all they have to spend money on are virtual doll games. If you don't buy games ever then the one you do becomes REAL important. Important enough that the price doesn't matter I'm guessing.
    Sounds as good as any other reason to me. Between that group and the clueless teen demographic (which this iteration seems more popular with judging by what I have seen) that about covers the bases, since apathetic OCD collectors don't count in the grand scheme of things.
    Still, it makes me wonder - since it is supposedly so popular and selling so well with females of disposable income and brain matter, why raise costs? I guess all those recent layoffs weren't enough.
    Maybe the question is, why not? Maybe it doesn't matter and I'm just annoyed at seeing the worst of EA at work still.
    PC Game Collector - DOS and beyond

Lazy Game Reviews