Thread: Videogame reality show? :D

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Videogame reality show? :D

Heh. Found this on some guy's blog. Funny.

FOX to unveil new reality show based on the video-game classic PONG

Watch out, reality show fanatics. This Fall, FOX is converting one of America's most beloved video games into a live television event.

PONG, the Nolan Bushnell classic that started the video game craze, will be the focus in FOX's new show, tentatively titled, "PONG : Thailand." The show will start with 16 contestants all hoping to win the $250 jackpot. Each week, the contestants will square off against one another, with the weakest PONG player getting eliminated. And since the show will be filmed live in Thailand, expect some exotic scenery to be on display behind the PONG machines.

"The location is great, no doubt about it," said one FOX spokesperson. "But the aspect of the show that's got us most excited is the fact that it'll be coming to you live. Believe me, for $250, emotions will be running high. If a player's paddle misses the square ball, he might yell something like 'Stupid square ball!' We want to get all that live. No editing, no tape delay. Just raw unprocessed emotion."

If the show proves to be the success that FOX expects, they plan to debut "Asteroids : Jamaica" in 2004.
    - posted by Scott Niven @ 10:25 AM
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O.O I can't help but chuckle at this....makes me wonder ... but either way...I'd prolly sit around and watch it lol....I can't even begin to imagine the silly sayings that will be used to put each other down lol