Thread: Admins: how about a complete collection listing on the rarity guide?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Admins: how about a complete collection listing on the rarity guide?

I know a lot of collectors here go after full game sets for specific consoles. How about new categories for complete USA sets and complete worldwide sets?

I saw a complete USA Sega CD collection just went for $2,500 on Ebay.
    I remember reading about a complete USA SNES collection that was $16,000.
    Etc, etc....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you saying there should be a rarity and price for sets?

If that is the case, it would be pretty easy to figure out for most sets (using the Digitpress guide as an example):

Rarity - 10
    Price - $999

The rarity guide is just a guide for games (not sets). Also, it is for games that are more or less common. When you deal with games that are really uncommon (or rare) the price can fluctuate quickly from one sale to the next. It would be a similar situation with sets since it is quite uncommon or rare to see them for sale.

If this isn't what you are asking, then elaborate.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, that set you mentioned for NTSC-U Sega CD was loose. What would a CIB collection go for? How many sources would you have for this data set? What do you deem as a complete set - licensed, unlicensed, region (Super Copa), other obscurities (UK SMS games released in the US ala Sonic the Hedgehog)? It seems like a lot of the necessary information would be missing here.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Also, that set you mentioned for NTSC-U Sega CD was loose. What would a CIB collection go for? How many sources would you have for this data set? What do you deem as a complete set - licensed, unlicensed, region (Super Copa), other obscurities (UK SMS games released in the US ala Sonic the Hedgehog)? It seems like a lot of the necessary information would be missing here.
    Also, what would be the value of having some figure for what a "complete" set goes for? It's not like "complete" sets pop up daily and when they do, it is usually at auction and those prices fluctuate widely based on condition, demand, various daily differences in Ebay traffic, etc...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not a admin but I would like to voice my feelings on this. While this could be nice little bonus to the guides but like others has been saying you don't see them for sale on a daily basis.

now what would be nice at least to me would be able to have the slashbunny page changed a little bit to let us decide if we want the check boxes for game, box, and instructions or something else like prices or release dates, etc.

James