Thread: CGE 2K10: What to Expect?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default CGE 2K10: What to Expect?

Basically, I have been a DPer for many, many years. I would love to meet some of the people I talk to online all the time.

I have a good feeling I will be able to make it to this CGE, which is exciting.

I guess I am unsure what to expect. I know it is exactly what the name says, a classic gaming expo, but there are also tournaments, game sales (whether I am selling my trade box out of my backpack or a booth is selling a homebrew or something).

Honestly, I have never been to one of these, and even if I am walking around shaking everybody's hand to meet everybody and maybe game it up after talking with some celebs, is that something I should expect?

I guess I am unsure about how "cool" it will be for me to just kind of try to meet as many people as possible.

I have seen so many of you dudes on the boards, and would love to say hello and maybe hold a 5 minute conversation outside of a message board.

I just don't want to be seen as some jerk or something for wanting to meet so many of you all at once.

Also, I am guessing there will be alot of DPers there. Are they going to put a nametag on or something or their forum handle or something so that we know who is who?

I know that everybody is different. I am just trying to figure out if I will just be another person in the crowd walking around looking at stuff, or if I will have a chance to make some good conversations with some of you.

Also, just for fun, I was thinking of showing up for a few hours in my full body Sonic Suit, but I do not know if that is cool either.

I just want to check on stuff so that I am not the jerk at the expo