Thread: Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 on Xbox 360 - Help?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Default Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 on Xbox 360 - Help?!?

I used to spend full weekends playing C&C Red Alert 2 on my PC back in the 90's and got dang good at it. Well, now I'm trying to play RA3 on the 360 and I can't even beat ONE medium computer opponent on skirmish?!? What gives?? First a few notes:

1. Maps are tiny - 4 player only
    2. Superweapons are always on - we used to disable them on the PC. Possible on RA3?
    3. The computer opponents are extremely efficient and fast at building! They have an army before I have a war factory...
    4. And the AI cheats. If you build a strong anti-air army, it will only build a strong ground force and vice versa.

Anyone playing this at all? Can't get any online games either. I'd love to play 2v2 with some humans but no one's on the servers.....

Oh well....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, I was a HUGE C&C and RA fan back in the day. I wasted thousands of hours in online gaming between Tiberian Sun / RA2 and C&C Generals. Unfortunately EA killed the franchise and C&C 3 / 4 are both worthless garbage not even worth a free handout at a yardsale.

I have RA3 on X360 also, but I quit after getting to the last mission in the Soviet campaign. These games are made for computers, not consoles, and it's a real pain in the ass trying to assign teams and micromanage your units with clunky controller presets.

No one is on the servers because it blows, sad but true. The C&C / Red Alert franchise is possibly my favorite franchise ever... back when they were still Westwood Studios before the EA buyout.

Leave it to EA to take a perfectly great game and find a way to fuck it all up. I remember playing RA2 and Generals on binge episodes of 10-12 hours streaks with online clan matches and solo tourneys... man I miss those days.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    No one is on the servers because it blows, sad but true. The C&C / Red Alert franchise is possibly my favorite franchise ever... back when they were still Westwood Studios before the EA buyout.

Leave it to EA to take a perfectly great game and find a way to fuck it all up. I remember playing RA2 and Generals on binge episodes of 10-12 hours streaks with online clan matches and solo tourneys... man I miss those days.
    i hear u on that one. im afraid to play red alert 3. i dont want to lose my love for the series.
    i played c&c 3 and was so disappointed. it was as bad as generals. the only thing it had going for it was the cut scenes.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to have RA3 on the 360 too. I always had a feeling the computer was either too damn good, or cheating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade_Ness View Post
    I used to have RA3 on the 360 too. I always had a feeling the computer was either too damn good, or cheating.
    yeah, the only true way to play an RTS is against other humans. I still like to play the game, just really can't right now. I wonder if Yuri's Revenge will work on Vista since I think I still have the game somewhere....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually thought C&C3 was pretty good, and prior to that I hadn't enjoyed a C&C game since the original Red Alert. Didn't care much for RA3 though. I hear C&C4 took some pages from the RA3 book? Is that coming to the 360/PS3 or what?