So as many of you know, I had some monitor issues. As many of you know, I got a new monitor. I am downgrading from a 25 inch to a 19 inch, but technically, it is an upgrade since the one I am getting works. I just do not have the spare time anymore to fix my current monitor.

So, I got it since it came inside a pole position cabinet that had some work done to it. Some of the work made me cringe (the entire cab was repainted black), but the monitor works very well.

Now, I have a bastardized pole position cab, and I decided to jump into arcade conversion project 3 instead of doing my second one I wanted to do (even though it partially relates to project 2).

See, I had an order in which I wanted to do my cabs, and was only going to have 3, maybe 4.

I found a way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

My projects that I wanted to do were as follows:
1.) ST-V cab
2.) Naomi 1/2 cab
3.) peripherals cab (where I have a bunch of peripherals in one cab
4.) Neo Geo (everybody needs one)

I am going to update (probably this thread) with pictures as I progress once I start working on it. I want to finish my ST-V cab first and once I install this new monitor (which will be saturday), then all I have is just stuff "for looks" (side art, control panel overlay, bezel).

I decided that while it is not a full on arcade idea, it is in an arcade cab, so it is close enough for me. I am going to convert my pole position cab into a Dreamcast cab. I already have a steering wheel and pedal which I will put in the place of where the pole position stuff is, official fishing rod controller, Mad Catz official light guns.

Based on how much room I have, I was not going to install joysticks, but instead just use controllers (cheap way out, I know, but I have no room for joysticks).

I figured out that this could be done cheap and fairly easily. I already have most of the stuff already. I am going to buy another light gun from fleaBay or somewhere to be sure. I can get some controller extension cables and drill out some holes somewhere on the under side of the control panel for controllers. For switching between different peripherals, I have not thought of a good way to do that yet, but I will probably do it the easy way and just label the ends since I was going to put the Dreamcast in so that it would load games through the back of the cabinet.

This is why I said that I sort of get the Naomi thing since a butt load of good Naomi games are also on Dreamcast and since I already have the peripherals for Dreamcast, I also get my peripheral machine as well (not to mention that I own 3 or 4 Dreamcasts currently).

I am hoping that within the next couple weeks I can get started on this new project, and I am going to take pictures to show my progress (something I wish I did with my Tekken 2 to ST-V conversion but failed to do).

Don't worry arcade lovers, if the cab was not already repainted black, I would not thrash the original stuff of the cab to do this (I already have a buyer on CL for the pole position parts).