Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Natal target price....$150?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Project Natal target price....$150?

link:

http://n4g.com/news/531017/mcv-confi...-tag-for-natal

While this is not official news yet, the price point would not surprise me. My thoughts for this accessory is that if it costs over $100, then it will fail. Hopefully with upcoming E3 news, we will have more info about games and price point. I personally think that this accessory will not go over well with such a high price point, games pack in or not. What is your "cut off price" for picking up Natal?
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

If it works like it is supposed to I think 150 will be about right. However if there are any problems with it they will quickly become this years Ride.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$150? No thanks. I'm more interested in the redesigned 360 slim that is supposedly coming out at the same time as Natal to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    If it works like it is supposed to I think 150 will be about right. However if there are any problems with it they will quickly become this years Ride.
    Agreed. I'm willing to dish out that much if it works like it is supposed to. Better to pay $150 for better more reliable tech than $100 for a piece o' crap in a box.

With that being said hopefully it isn't a piece o' crap in a box.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

No way I'm buying that if it's $150, not even with pack in games and gold subscription. LMAO! I'll MAYBE pick it up for $60.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The PS3 move is supposed to be under $100. I'm thinking $99.99 but that's for the camera, game, everything.

With Natal you're technically getting all accessories required. No controllers needed so there's technically a controller already for everyone. With the Playstation Move you need to purchase a Move for each person that will be playing the game plus the Nunchuku peripheral.

Natal originally did interest me that last E3, but since then we really haven't heard anything new about it. Atleast move we know what we're getting. With Natal all we know is there's a line up of about a dozen games.

The success of either of them will be how many of the systems fanboys are interested. I'll be picking up a Move after a price drop, if I can get it on sale, or the slim chance that some amazing motion control game comes out that I have to have(and how many motion control games I liked with the Wii I can say more than likely not going to happen.) With Natal I'll have to pick up a 360 and Natal, but it really depends on how good it is, and more than likely I won't pick it up until it's bundled. The good thing is if I do pick it up then I'll be able to pick up some of the 360 exclusives I want.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    No way I'm buying that if it's $150, not even with pack in games and gold subscription. LMAO! I'll MAYBE pick it up for $60.
    You do know that a pack in game and a one year gold subscription of XBL would be $100-110? If that was the case then it would be worth it depending on how good the pack in game was.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this will totally change the way we play games , obviously simply point and clicking isnt enough anymore (rolls eyes). Meh more pointless motion stuff
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$150 is pretty steep. Of course, I said the same thing about the $90 Wii Fit balance board and millions of those have already sold at that price. Then again, Nintendo has a way of making miracles come true.

I know this is just a rumor for now but if that were the final price I'd have no choice but to pass. I'm already interested in it but they need to make it more affordable. E3 will reveal all.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I think I'll save the $150 and not have to flail around like a retard when I play my games in HD.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    I think I'll save the $150 and not have to flail around like a retard when I play my games in HD.
    THIS.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a very hard time believing this rumor. Here's why... Microsoft removed the chip inside the camera that was going to process the "Bone System" of the player. Instead, they decided to have the 360 itself process this information, which will use up about 10 to 15 percent of the Xbox 360's power. This was done as a cost cutting measure, and I had always heard that this was done to get Natal down to $79.99 or less. I just don't see how they sell it for $150, unless they came to the conclusion that it absolutely needed that chip to work properly, and the chip is going back inside the unit.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Maybe it's a production price and they'll sell it at a loss? I really doubt it'll be that damn much. How many people actually paid 100 bucks for the wireless or the steering wheel? I know I sure the hell didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    I really doubt it'll be that damn much.
    Why? Remember, Microsoft sells its Xbox wireless adapter for $100.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

It'll need a killer app to move at that price.

Not just some novelty Wii Sports-esque thing or some retro-fit version of HALO.

It'll need its own game built from the ground up, that uses what Natal has to offer (that other motion controls can't) and captures the hearts and minds of the nation (and in turn the globe). And god help us if they think that "Milo" demo is it.

And I'm not saying MS isn't capable, it'll just be a wait and see prospect at this point.

Until they reveal such a thing, I'm not personally going to drop $100 or more on it. At least to date the PS3 Move has had a ton of really fascinating tech demos that have got me on board, and I've owned a PS3 eye camera for years, so my cost of entry on the Move is going to be much less than $100.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Why? Remember, Microsoft sells its Xbox wireless adapter for $100.
    or a 120GB HDD for $100.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Quote Originally Posted by zemmix View Post
    $150? No thanks. I'm more interested in the redesigned 360 slim that is supposedly coming out at the same time as Natal to be honest.
    Agreed.. I hope my launch 360 can hold out that long.

No more warranty coverage. I've been putting off buying the awesome Halo:OTSD/Forza 3 Elite bundle, for the Valhalla chipset.

*dreams about switchable, internal hard drives, you can buy off the shelf, like the PS3*

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Obviously with the name; they intend this to be marketed towards babies. Envision a world where babies can freely flail their arms about and scream and actually interact with a video game. I'm sure that the underserviced birth-3 yrs market is aflutter with excitement.

Seriously though I'd be interested in a slim 360 if my Jasper ever craps out. Natal; not so much not even at 99.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I have a very hard time believing this rumor. Here's why... Microsoft removed the chip inside the camera that was going to process the "Bone System" of the player. Instead, they decided to have the 360 itself process this information, which will use up about 10 to 15 percent of the Xbox 360's power. This was done as a cost cutting measure, and I had always heard that this was done to get Natal down to $79.99 or less. I just don't see how they sell it for $150, unless they came to the conclusion that it absolutely needed that chip to work properly, and the chip is going back inside the unit.
    Remember that Microsoft has always priced things on the high side. Chip or not, Microsoft has spent alot of money on the creation of this product. For MS, they want this add-on to lengthen the lifeline of the system. I am sure that the best "deal" for this new product will be a bundle with a new "slim" system. I am sure that within a couple of weeks we will have some more concrete data on this.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Wiimote

Move

Natal

Now everyone has one. But sadly, everyone bought the one that's been out for 3 years so the other two get to sit on store shelves, all sad and lonely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If people can spend $200 on Guitar Hero/Rock Band accessories or HD-DVD addon, I'm sure Project Natal will sell like hotcake. All you need is a lot of advertising and hot babe.