http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_9HiPUVtco

part 3 of my youtube baseball video game series

the super nes offered a wide variety of baseball games. the early years featured several cartoonish imports like nolan ryans baseball, extra innings, and the spiritual successor to the original NES RBI Baseball, Super Batter Up.

though i enjoy a good game of 'cartoon' baseball, most of these games were big whiffs

there were a few games that were direct carbon copies of their sega genesis cousins. ESPN Baseball Tonight, Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseall, and Cal Ripken Jr Baseball are examples of these. It goes without saying, these games were generic to the core. though it may be surprising to some, the animation on big hurt baseball was inferior to its genesis counterpart

then you had the baseball games that inexplicably incorporated mode 7. games like relief pitcher, tecmo super baseball, and super bases loaded 2 were ugly to look at, and didnt play much better. (though tecmo super baseball has an incredible home run trot)

for my money, the best games were super bases loaded and ken griffey jr presents major league baseball.

tell me what you think about the video and the games