Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: --==< Ovge 2k10 >==--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default --==< Ovge 2k10 >==--

Yes it is time once again...

It is time to dig into your closets, garage, attic, or heck.. maybe even your living room entertainment cabinet to bring forth the video gaming goodness! Blow the dust off, check the connections, get good RF cables and carefully hand pick your favorite games to share with your fellow enthusiasts and the public at large!

It is time for the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition to return for it's seventh event!

It is with honor and much pleasure that I officially announce the 2010 OVGE!!

The When: October 23rd, 2010 (That's a Saturday...)

The Place: Spirit Bank Event Center (Cause we really like the way they do things...)

The Times: Setup for Vendors and Exhibitors begins on Friday Oct. 22nd from 8am to 10pm. (We never have enough time for setup and hanging out...)
    The OVGE opens to the public on Saturday Oct. 23rd, from 9am to 5pm. (Not too early and it ends before dinner. Excellent Yes!? )

Admission: Is $5 (USD) per person ages 8 and over. (That means the youngsters get off cheap... )

Tables Prices: We are simplifying this year and all tables will be $50 each. No limit on how many you may need as there are plenty available! That will include access to power and skirting.

More details can be found at:

www.ovge.com

Send any questions, concerns, and general comments to:

Send E-mail's here

We look forward to you seeing you at the 2010 OVGE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm glad it'll be at the Spirit Bank Event Center, that place was nice. I always look forward to the show every year. I hope a few more folks will bring arcade cabs.

And now my standard-issue internal debate begins, do I get myself a table and sell some of my extra games and consoles to fund my trip? I haven't in the past because I like the freedom of being able to walk around or leave the show for lunch. I do have a lot of oddball stuff that might sell at the show, like a few assorted imports. And the debate continues within myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arcade cabs are the one true weakness to my event. I would love to have at least as many cabs as I did for the 2004 show! We had nearly 20 that year. But they are heavy, they are worth a lot of money, and as far as I know, none have been successful in getting sold at the show. But... maybe with the new license laws in effect, some of the arcade vendors will want to get rid of some of their stock and bring it to the show!

You should get a table sometime. You would be surprised at what people are willing to buy at these events! But your concerns about managing the table are sound. The first 2 shows it was just myself, my mother, and my now ex-wife to run the event. It was very difficult to handle admission, the tourney, and run my own table, and make sure everything else was going smooth. Last year I did not really exhibit anything myself and it sure made it easier to get things setup and manage.

This year I might have to bring the Ivory Tower back with all of it's great DOS gaming goodness loaded up on it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure I am going to attend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 16-bit View Post
    I'm pretty sure I am going to attend.
    I just checked with Jesse to see if you had contacted him. You need to be there so I have a place to give all my money to!
    Check out www.videogameconsolelibrary.com for all of your console review needs!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -^Cro§Bow^- View Post
    Arcade cabs are the one true weakness to my event.
    I might be able to help remedy that...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

I've been waffling on whether or not I want to be exhibitor or not this year. Problem is, aside from my MSX2 computer, I don't really have anything obscure or noteworthy. Perhaps I'll get something together before game time...
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by horseboy View Post
    I might be able to help remedy that...
    I am of course interested!! Do contact me and let me know what you have in mind.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Badhornet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds cool! Look forward to attending again!
    The 8 Bit Wonder

Follow me on Twitter: Ataritexas

Insert Coin (Level 0) Life of Brian's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be there! I plan on bringing a portable SNES or two to show off and "test" some games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Updates! Finally Updates!

Yeah! Updates!

First it with great pleasure to the make the following announcement:

The OneUps to perform LIVE at OVGE 2010!

Video Game Funk/Fusion band The OneUps will be performing at the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition! Come hear their funkified versions of music from Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and more. CDs, DVDs and T-Shirts will be available all day. Click the pic below to learn more and listen to samples of their excellent work!

http://theoneups.com

In addition we finally have links and some videos for the 2008 and 2009 events. There are still some more pics to get uploaded but we have quite a bit to look at in the mean time!

Still tables left for this year's event! Be sure to contact us ASAP for availability and to reserve your space at the 2010 OVGE!
    Last edited by -^Cro§Bow^-; 08-13-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) obliterator918's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be there again. I still have some of my two different Retro Gamer shirt styles from 08 and 09, plus some other stuff and will once again be showing off the Red Commodore and the SX-64. If nobody else is planning to bring one, I might bring my CD-32 system as well. My Star Trek videogame collection has grown since 09, but I am not sure if I will have get the extra table to exhibit it.

You folks who are on the fence about getting a table: just do it. You don't need to have "obscure" stuff to be there. Remember that most of the people attending haven't laid eyes on anything newer than a PlayStation 2 since the last time they came! It is a LOT of fun to have a table. You get more time to hang out with cool people, and get to really meet some attendees as well. You will have plenty of time to browse other tables before the show, plus people usually take turns watching each other's tables for bathroom breaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, if I do get a table (which I've pretty much talked myself out of), I was thinking of hooking up a Sega Genesis with a Sega CD and 32X, then to top it off I'd plug it into my VictorMaxx Stuntmaster VR helmet and put some games in there that would play well through it. I could also bring some other oddball machines, like a Xavix GamePort or a Nuon DVD player. The main problem is that I want to have the freedom to leave whenever I want and not be chained to a table, especially if the thief that hit CGE in Vegas decides to visit Tulsa and I'll have to watch all of my rares. I've got plenty of stuff I don't really need in my collection that I could sell, so there's justification for a table right there. But I'd like to go out for breakfast or lunch and not saddle someone with watching my stuff.

I'll just do the same thing I always do, wake up painfully early and arrive all frazzled and jittery from energy drinks, hang out until around 4pm, then pick up a few things in town (Weber's Root Beer, I got there a couple minutes after they closed last year and I won't make that mistake again!) and make the bleary-eyed and groggy drive home, probably fueled by more energy drinks just in case my heart wasn't punished enough. It's become a tradition for me. I only know Tulsa through half-drooping eyes and having the feeling I'll blow out a ventricle from caffeine abuse.

One thing I have to say, last year the show happened to be in that week or two when all the trees change color, and it was really beautiful in Tulsa. That was good timing. I wish I had taken some pictures.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there usually good amount of games to buy?

Insert Coin (Level 0) obliterator918's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
    Is there usually good amount of games to buy?
    Definitely. There is always a good mix of common and rare stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Is there a good amount of games to buy there? Here's a few pics I took last year. Oddly, both tables from local Dallas guys, Darren and Brett.

A picture of all the stuff I picked up last year, a nice odd and eclectic assortment of goodies. Not that much as far as video games went, I've bought more gaming stuff in past shows. A whole lot more. Last year, though, I was more conservative with my cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm exciting for PDF to give me all of his details so I can finally announce his setup for the show this year?! You ready yet Earl! .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OVGE IS SOLD OUT!!!

The last of the tables have been claimed! The room is gonna be packed pretty full with more exhibitors and vendors then any other OVGE prior! Check out the website for the latest and if your in the Mid-America region you owe it to yourself to come out and visit all of us for an excellent day of fun on the 23rd!

See you there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I'd love to be there this year but it's a home game day (go pokes). Hope to be able to make it again one of these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by namzep View Post
    I'd love to be there this year but it's a home game day (go pokes). Hope to be able to make it again one of these days.
    I know what you mean. I've had to be present at every single OU home game so far this year as part of live support for their new POS system I programmed in last month.

It has been difficult to get the show organized with nearly every one of my Saturdays for the past month and a half have been busy working.

Hope to see you return again as well and have fun at the game!