Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by backtrax View Post
    Juggernaut looks very surreal, may give it a try. Is it anything like D? as i didn't like that game.

I'd say Juggernaught is like Myst on Acid.

Nothing like D. D is one story, but Juggernaught is comprised of many sub stories that tie in together. Very clever in my opinion.

As for D, those 2 rooms are not total time wasters. You need to play those rooms to get the secret ending. Witch ties into the never released/scrapped D2 for the 3D0.

D2 for the Dreamcast was a different game though brillant.
    Last edited by lagartija_nick; 08-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Juggernaut looks very surreal, may give it a try. Is it anything like D? as i didn't like that game.

I'd say Juggernaught is like Myst on Acid.

Nothing like D. D is one story, but Juggernaught is comprised of many sub stories that tie in together. Very clever in my opinion.

As for D, those 2 rooms are not total time wasters. You need to play those rooms to get the secret ending. Witch ties into the never released/scrapped D2 for the also never released 3DO M2.

D2 for the Dreamcast was a different game though brillant.
    Last edited by lagartija_nick; 08-03-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Fontaine Le Funk's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    The Neverhood was also released on the PS1, but only in Japan.
    Titled Klaymen Klaymen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    The Neverhood was also released on the PS1, but only in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine Le Funk View Post
    Titled Klaymen Klaymen
    2nd er 3rd this great PSX game. Language friendly except below the house. Play the PC version to see what the random messages say. Can be played with Mouse and Nyko Trakball

Last edited by CRTGAMER; 08-28-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    CRTGAMER Guides and Reviews
    Apple II+, APF MP1000, Atari 5200 7800, Vic20, TI994A, SX64, Educ64, 128D, Vectrex, N64, PS1, iMac CRT, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, GBA Player, PSP, Wii, PS3 Emotion chip, Samsung Impression, VHS, CED, Video 8, Pioneer Laser, DVD, Sony WEGA HDCRT

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by CRTGAMER View Post
    2nd er 3rd this great PSX game. Language friendly except below the house. Play the PC version to see what the random messages say. Can be played with Mouse and Nyko Trakball

lol omgggg, i remember playing a demo of this under windows 95 back when i was a kid and being in love, im considering bidding on this game, but realistically, apart from what u just mentioned with the house, import friendly is it as far as language is concerned? is it just that one part and then no more text after ever or???

EDIT: also was there a reprint or rerelease of this game in japan? im looking on ebay and i find 4 copies, 3 of them are the same with an orange disc, but the last one is a lime green colored disc, anything u can share on this would be appreciated
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 08-28-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nz17 View Post
    I hear the Discworld games for PlayStation are pretty good, funny, et cetera, but they have longish long times and I hear the puzzles can be a bit unobvious and involve pixel-hunting at times. However they do have PlayStation mouse support so that's always a plus particularly if you don't want to use the d-pad.
    Played Discworld 3 but couldn't seem to get in to discworld 1 or 2, it must be just me tho as i know they are great games, I bought parasite eve about 2 years ago haven't played it yet. played the second one years ago and loved it!

Anyone played Parasite eve?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiya, i am new to this forum so do excuse me if i am doing this all wrong.

I am really into my point n click games on the ps1, just wanted to know what everyone thinks of these games and if you know of any good ones that maybe out there. I am thinking about buying Ark of time, any good??
    Thanks in advance.
    Anyone played Ark of time? If yes is it anything like broken sword?
    I have just bought Ark of time so i hope its good!
    Last edited by backtrax; 08-05-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"the room with the wheel that you turn and it makes the room turn. This is completely random. There IS no solution. You just keep doing it until you get the room you want. And then go do what you need to do, and come back, and turn the wheel some more"

Thats wrong. There were 10 (IIRC) positions to the wheel/room, you count where you 1st enter as #1. There were exits at certain positions, I dont recall where they were but I absolutely recall having to do it & making a diagram to help. You'd turn the wheel x number of times to get to the exit you needed. I think one led outside to the observatory, one led downstairs to a wooden chest in a pit, & one led upstairs to a stained glass window.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    "the room with the wheel that you turn and it makes the room turn. This is completely random. There IS no solution. You just keep doing it until you get the room you want. And then go do what you need to do, and come back, and turn the wheel some more"

Thats wrong. There were 10 (IIRC) positions to the wheel/room, you count where you 1st enter as #1. There were exits at certain positions, I dont recall where they were but I absolutely recall having to do it & making a diagram to help. You'd turn the wheel x number of times to get to the exit you needed. I think one led outside to the observatory, one led downstairs to a wooden chest in a pit, & one led upstairs to a stained glass window.
    I never found that to be the case. If so I don't see how I could end up at the same exit several times in a row from just turning the wheel one time. But I have no desire to replay the game and test your theory so I dunno maybe I'm wrong.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help!! I can't find how to make a new thread!

Hi I have only posted 1 thread before and can't find how to post threads, how do i do it??
    New to this.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Clock Tower series is one of my favorites! Clock Tower for the Super Famicom is indeed the best, but the sequels are also awesome. The Playstation games are just ugly and have terrible voice acting. Aside from that, they are amazing, definitely the best horror games ever made. The tension while being chased is off the charts.

Of course, you'll want to play them like watching a horror movie, alone and with the lights out.

Echo Night on the other hand, is very underwhelming. It's a first person adventure that's quite ugly and mostly mediocre otherwise. There's no fun puzzles or horror or action. You just give ghosts items and move on to the next ghost. The storyline is pretty basic and boring. I bought it years ago with high hopes, and it totally disappointed.