Thread: Suggestions for the next Classic Gaming Expo (CGE)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    My main complaint was that the trading room was poorly marked and hardly had anyone in it. I know that the vendors didn't want people setting up make shift booths on the convention floor, but I don't think having people trade in an poorly marked back room worked either. Maybe they can find a happy medium next year?

I also think the band was WAY too loud. I had to shout to be heard when they were playing and it completely drown out everything else. I know they want the sound to carry, but it was ridiculously loud at times (and that's coming from someone who is losing his hearing!).

I loved the projector DAPHNE setup, but you could hardly see what was going on due to the bright lights in the room and the wrinkled bed sheet it was being displayed on. Maybe it could be setup in a darkened corner next year, preferably AWAY from the band.

Tempest

Since the Trading Room was for quick trades and short table time I think it was not too bad. The time I went into the Trading room there were people doing business. But yes, maybe some small whiteboards to provide a quick ID of the traders. I can remember other years when I went to look for a person in the swap meet areas and had no idea of the face to go with the name. Nick have been nice to see at least a name.

Band too loud? Nah,,, just back off a little. (also an ex Navy guy whose hearing was affected by my time in the service next to noisy equipment)
    - v

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vectrexer View Post
    Band too loud? Nah,,, just back off a little. (also an ex Navy guy whose hearing was affected by my time in the service next to noisy equipment)
    Yes, the band was too loud. Having to shout into someone ear to be heard is ridiculous. It makes trying to purchase something at one of the booths difficult. This is an expo with a band for ambient music, not a concert with an expo for ambience. It has been much better balanced at previous CGE's, we need to get it back to that level.

Mitch

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Yes, the band was too loud. Having to shout into someone ear to be heard is ridiculous. It makes trying to purchase something at one of the booths difficult. This is an expo with a band for ambient music, not a concert with an expo for ambience. It has been much better balanced at previous CGE's, we need to get it back to that level.

Mitch
    I think that the electronic acts weren't too loud. They seemd to be just right in terms of volume, but as far as Decendents of Erdrick go,

asking a rock band to play quietly is no easy task ... and almost defeats the purpose of asking them to play at all.

The only thing I could think of would be to request an all acoustic set or put them in their own room.

Personally I had no problem with the volume levels of any of the acts, especially since the set times were short, and Seth of 8 Bit Weapon was very accomodating to my personal audio needs.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"