Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod View Post
Infinite disappointed me. Greatly.

I adored the small touches early, and the contrasts they create. Early on, there is a store based on the honor system. Go down into the Shantytown, and a gun is pulled on you as soon as you walk in the door as a warning. I love the sequence with Elizabeth in the basement as she feeds the child. The world is incredible, with these giant gold statues that segue into a rotting underworld oppressed people. That's interactive fiction at its best.

Then it's shoot, shoot, shoot. Endless shooting. There's no need to poke around and learn about the world. There's more shooting to do. Every encounter feels the same, with no regards to pacing. It's not the violence so much as HOW MUCH violence there is. The game just dies in its own arms.

And the twist? It's the most obvious of the twists the could have chosen, the same one Spec Ops tried to pass off just last year, with the same eye rolling from me. Try this in a film and you would be laughed out of the theater; it's all so preposterous. Infinite didn't need any of these sci-fi elements. It's not brave enough to explore its message thoroughly, and instead hides behind repetitious shooting and its wildly out of place theories.

As I said in my review, "Its best moments never involve a gun."
How did you feel about the first / second one? Better? Worse? The same?