Thread: Dragon's Lair Trilogy for Wii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Dragon's Lair Trilogy for Wii

I may have missed the announcement here, but I just read last week that "the Dragon's Lair Trilogy" is being ported to the Wii. I put that in quotes because the package will actually contain DL1, DL2, and Space Ace (which isn't a Dragon's Lair game, but whatever). The package will be $30 and will both let you play all three games, or just watch them (like the DVDs they released a while back let you do).

For $30, I'll pick this up for sure. I hate Dragon's Lair and its style of gameplay, but it'll be nice to have them all on one disc.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Flack View Post
    I may have missed the announcement here, but I just read last week that "the Dragon's Lair Trilogy" is being ported to the Wii. I put that in quotes because the package will actually contain DL1, DL2, and Space Ace (which isn't a Dragon's Lair game, but whatever). The package will be $30 and will both let you play all three games, or just watch them (like the DVDs they released a while back let you do).

For $30, I'll pick this up for sure. I hate Dragon's Lair and its style of gameplay, but it'll be nice to have them all on one disc.
    Yeah, I'll bite as well.

Digital Leisure has gotten better/far more authentic with recent releases (since the Blu-Ray releases of DL and Space Ace) in terms of presentation, audio, and play control.

I dug their DS release a lot and the iPod one would've been playable if you didn't have to cover half the screen with your fingers while playing. (I need to check it out on iPad for that reason alone.)
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wtf, I love Dragon's Lair, but WHY THE WII??!!How about PS3 or 360 in HD! Sometimes some companies and their decisions just baffles me.

I hate Dragon's Lair and its style of gameplay.
    Who, what, whoa??!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Wtf, I love Dragon's Lair, but WHY THE WII??!!How about PS3 or 360 in HD! Sometimes some companies and their decisions just baffles me.
    I was thinking the same thing. Why the Wii? It can't possibly use motion control, or at least so I hope...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Because they know it'll sell well. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The Dragon's Lair games get re-released about every 2-3 years, do we really need another compilation? Will this release include deleted scenes like the previous release? I do like the games because they're animated by Don Bluth, but I've already played through them and there's really not too much to keep me interested in them. This news sounds about the same to me as if Myst was getting released on the Wii.

And why is this called the Dragon's Lair Trilogy when it's missing the 3rd game?

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wouldn't doubt that's on the list somewhere. Digital Leisure seems pretty intent on hitting each and every market.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The Dragon's Lair games get re-released about every 2-3 years, do we really need another compilation? Will this release include deleted scenes like the previous release? I do like the games because they're animated by Don Bluth, but I've already played through them and there's really not too much to keep me interested in them. This news sounds about the same to me as if Myst was getting released on the Wii.
    As a Dragon's Lair fan I'll certainly pick this up but I can sympathize with the argument here. The games are ultimately pretty simple so there's only so much they can do each go round. The HD versions were great but where do you go from there? As long as people have that one version they're perfectly satisfied with, which at this point is pretty easy to get, there's not much incentive to buy the next release.

And why is this called the Dragon's Lair Trilogy when it's missing the 3rd game?
    There wasn't ever a "real" third game so I guess they don't see the point in including it. Though adding that in somewhere would certainly be a nice incentive to get people to double or triple dip.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's pretty true. A lot of games that would be great on Wii are released for Xbox 360 or PS3.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They're basically already been released in HD on the Playstation 3. They just happen to be on Blu-Ray video disc so they can also be used on non PS3 Blu-Ray players, although I doubt many non PS3 owners have taken advantage of it.

With the Blu-Rays out, I have no interest in a compressed SD release on the Wii. If they had stuffed Dragon's Lair 3D on there, I might've been tempted (Been looking for the GameCube release for a while but never see it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For $30, I'll pick this up for sure. I hate Dragon's Lair and its style of gameplay
    If you hate the games and the style, why not just let that $30 sit in your bank account?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    If you hate the games and the style, why not just let that $30 sit in your bank account?
    I hate the style of gameplay because I'm terrible at it, and I hate the games because I die within 30 seconds of starting a game.

I'll buy them because I like the artwork, I like the feature where you can watch the whole games play through, and because it's the whole collection all in one place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the feature where you can watch the whole games play through
    Nice feature. How long is each game when watched from beginning to end as a movie?

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    Nice feature. How long is each game when watched from beginning to end as a movie?
    I think somewhere around 20 minutes for the first game. Space Ace and DLII are shorter around 10 minutes.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 08-16-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone ever noticed the Dragon's Lair logo looks almost identical to the 1981 movie Dragonslayer logo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I like the feature where you can watch the whole games play through
    Most ports have that feature, including the 20th Anniversary DVD release that came out in 2002.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most ports have that feature, including the 20th Anniversary DVD release that came out in 2002.
    I have that DVD release. The quality is good, but on the vast majority of DVD players, the lag is really bad. I'll probably be buying this new set because of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I have that DVD release. The quality is good, but on the vast majority of DVD players, the lag is really bad. I'll probably be buying this new set because of that.
    I actually have the PC version of the 20th Anniversary instead of the DVD version, I was lucky and found the PC version much cheaper than the DVDs. I still haven't played it though so I can't be sure how well it plays, the version I've played through is the Deluxe Pack PC version made for Windows 95.