Thread: My newly reorganized game room

Strawberry (Level 2) cityside75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My newly reorganized game room

I've been wanting to post some pictures of my game room for a while now, but lately it's been extremely cluttered and disorganized. Today I set about fixing that, and decided to finally take some pictures with it in a relatively organized state.

My goal with this room is to create a welcoming environment that reflects my interests while still being an acceptable place for my wife and I to entertain non-gaming friends. We've even had some non-gamers get the urge to pick up a controller after spending some time in here.

Not pictured are my pre-NES systems and games, which are unfortunately in storage right now, as I just don't have the room (and I have a modded Xbox filled with pre-NES goodies).

This room is connected by a short hallway to our 2.5 car garage that houses my MAME cabinet. We're in the process of remodeling the garage, so I'll post pictures of that once it's done.

Comments are welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2500498...th/4939974283/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like that thing you have your controllers stored in. I just use a ratty old cardboard box, lol. Where did you get it? Also, where are your older games, your cartridges?

Nice setup, though, very smooth.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those things you keep your handheld systems are: what are they called? I've been thinking specifically about buying something that looks like those, and I wasn't sure if those plate display things were what I wanted. Are yours, in fact, plate displays, or something else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Link View Post
    I really like that thing you have your controllers stored in. I just use a ratty old cardboard box, lol. Where did you get it? Also, where are your older games, your cartridges?

Nice setup, though, very smooth.
    Thanks! I picked up both the wicker controller box and the storage ottoman at Target I believe. The storage ottoman actually is a box within a box right now, with a smaller ottoman inside the larger one. If I eventually need more room I can pull the smaller box out of the bigger box and fill the bigger one too.

My loose cartridges for the N64, SNES, Genesis, 32x and NES are in plastic storage tubs in the back corner of the room by the recliner, they're easily accessed when needed. I have about 200 or so loose games in there. My pre-NES and SMS games and systems are in plastic storage tubs out in the garage right now. I do bring them out and hook them up at times, but that's when the clutter starts to take over again...

Quote Originally Posted by aclbandit View Post
    Those things you keep your handheld systems are: what are they called? I've been thinking specifically about buying something that looks like those, and I wasn't sure if those plate display things were what I wanted. Are yours, in fact, plate displays, or something else?
    I picked those up in the picture frame area of Wal-Mart for about $1 apiece. I'm not sure if they were labeled as plate stands, but they are very similar.
    Last edited by cityside75; 08-30-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm, that's a pretty nice setup.
    I do have a question though.
    how the hell do you get games in your gamecube?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bartre View Post
    hmm, that's a pretty nice setup.
    I do have a question though.
    how the hell do you get games in your gamecube?
    I thought someone might ask that

The NES and the Gamecube both come out pretty easily, so I just pull it out and put a disc in that way. We have a Wii on our upstairs TV, so a lot of Gamecube playing is done up there, I usually just have the Gameboy player disc in the Gamecube drive.

I'll pull out the NES or Gamecube if I need to access the SNES or N64.